Disembarked Sky Princess and tested positive hours later

Jo and Rob

9 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

As far as Princess goes, I doubt anyone will ever know the full extent of transmission. This is from the 3/27/22 Ruby Princess roll call:

“Just spent 69 minutes trying to explain the debarkation process to a Princess agent. I just asked if the company wanted to know if people tested positive after a cruise. She asked her supervisor and was told no, they didn't need to know since we were off the cruise. She went on to tell me it's just what it is. People catch covid. I tried to explain that Princess didn't follow their own protocols to keep us safe during the debarkation process. She said, "You had to maintain 6 feet distance." I tried to explain how crowded it was in the Wheel House bar. Like talking to theproverbial brick wall. I gave up and told her to help someone else.”

I hear you. But in all reality, it's really up to my DW and myself to take whatever protective measures we feel are adequate to protect ourselves while on the cruise, of which I've documented in another thread. 

As a side note, I thought it was cute the picture of Tony's Rowboat is displayed when I added my thread link. 😂

Edited by Ken the cruiser

27 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

As far as Princess goes, I doubt anyone will ever know the full extent of transmission. This is from the 3/27/22 Ruby Princess roll call:

“Just spent 69 minutes trying to explain the debarkation process to a Princess agent. I just asked if the company wanted to know if people tested positive after a cruise. She asked her supervisor and was told no, they didn't need to know since we were off the cruise. She went on to tell me it's just what it is. People catch covid. I tried to explain that Princess didn't follow their own protocols to keep us safe during the debarkation process. She said, "You had to maintain 6 feet distance." I tried to explain how crowded it was in the Wheel House bar. Like talking to theproverbial brick wall. I gave up and told her to help someone else.”

Quite a few of us have Covid now. I am a bit disappointed in how what is posted on the website isn’t followed.  

1 minute ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Quite a few of us have Covid now. I am a bit disappointed in how what is posted on the website isn’t followed.  

what symptoms are you experiencing? double vac's and boosted ?

Just now, voljeep said:

what symptoms are you experiencing? double vac's and boosted ?

It is been a really long week for me.  I was double Vaxxed and boosted. Fever, congestion, terrible coughing, difficulty breathing, headache.  The congestion and difficulty breathing happened so quickly that it was frightening. This was not like a cold for me. I had two ER trips in like three days not counting urgent care and a doctors video visit.  I have another appointment today and I’m hoping it’s my last because I’m feeling so much better.  Thankful for that!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

It is been a really long week for me.  I was double Vaxxed and boosted. Fever, congestion, terrible coughing, difficulty breathing, headache.  The congestion and difficulty breathing happened so quickly that it was frightening. This was not like a cold for me. I had two ER trips in like three days not counting urgent care and a doctors video visit.  I have another appointment today and I’m hoping it’s my last because I’m feeling so much better.  Thankful for that!

glad you are feeling somewhat better.  At least the vax and boost 'worked' in that you are not on a ventilator in some hospital covid wing.  Your symptoms are among the worst I've seen posted here on CC.

2 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I don't have anything new to add, just thanks for sharing and continuing to share, and get well soon! 🙏

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

She went on to tell me it's just what it is. People catch covid.

Makes you wonder why they even bother with quarantine cabins.  If "it is what it is", then why not just tell people: "Look. You're gonna get it.  And statistically, you'll be OK.  You'll feel like **** for a few days but you'll get over. it.  Come on board and have a good time, and then go home and recuperate."  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, voljeep said:

glad you are feeling somewhat better.  At least the vax and boost 'worked' in that you are not on a ventilator in some hospital covid wing.  Your symptoms are among the worst I've seen posted here on CC.

Oh, I definitely believe that the vaccination and booster more than helped. I have a history of being on a ventilator (hospital treatment for about a month) so I was a bit frightened. As soon as I’m able to I am getting the next booster.

Would I cruise again… Yes. There are a few things I would do differently though if rules remain the same.  We had a wonderful B2B cruise on the Discovery Princess.  For us the ship, crew, and food were all fabulous.  

Thank you, Voljeep.  I am feeling much better.

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Oh, I definitely believe that the vaccination and booster more than helped. I have a history of being on a ventilator (hospital treatment for about a month) so I was a bit frightened. As soon as I’m able to I am getting the next booster.

Would I cruise again… Yes. There are a few things I would do differently though if rules remain the same.  We had a wonderful B2B cruise on the Discovery Princess.  For us the ship, crew, and food were all fabulous.  

Thank you, Voljeep.  I am feeling much better.

we got our 2nd boost a week or so ago ... and will be in line as soon as they open for an annual / 3rd shot in the fall before our end of November 2022 cruise.

I'm all for the vac / boost - not so much the testing / quarantine ...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Ummmm...if you are not on the ship and Princess does not know of it WHILE on the ship, it doesn't count toward their numbers.

They just dropped the mask mandate on flights.  I think a lot of people are picking up at airport and airplane and bringing onto ship.  Doesn't show up for a few days, so your covid test is negative when boarding.  Just my opinion.

Personally, I think there are covid cases "floating around" not identified and then people not saying cause they don't want to be in jail.  So, why not just let people quarantine in their own room?  Air is still circulating the ship every time door opens.

Most cases doc said are not hospitalized now and are flu/cold like symptoms.  Just "require" all vaccinated and boosted prior to travel and say your prayers.  We would be OK masking in halls, etc.  I still think the buffet is a huge problem in spreading covid.  Just what we have seen in the buffets through the years.  We will not eat there unless we are first in line and grabbing like chips and salsa to take back to room (which I bring something to put it in which is covered to take to the room) after while on the elevator one time people were wanting to see what I had!  I should have said back off!  I just could not believe it!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, voljeep said:

we got our 2nd boost a week or so ago ... and will be in line as soon as they open for an annual / 3rd shot in the fall before our end of November 2022 cruise.

I'm all for the vac / boost - not so much the testing / quarantine ...

I just finished my video doctors appointment and I was told that I need to wait 90 days for my next booster. I was told that they were really worried when they heard I had Covid because of my lung history.  I feel so much better today. I do need a nap though, lol…. and a snack.

I’m all for vaccination, boosters, testing, and quarantine… anything that will keep anyone from going through this.  I don’t understand how it’s like a cold for some and others are still dying.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, ChutChut said:

I always catch some kind of virus just as I'm disembarking a cruise, too. Feel better soon!

Down through the years I've also come down with some nasty colds.

One good thing, never had the Norovirus.

We've been on 3 cruises since Thanksgiving and have not had Covid and are sailing on the Equinox in June, to play it safe and since we are 76 years old we received our 2nd booster about 2 hours ago.

Edited by MISTER 67

10 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

The answer is rather simple.  There is a Covid surge happening now that reverses the trend of improvement we had been seeing and at the time the cabins were sold, Princess did not and could not have predicted that Covid cases in March/April/May would far exceed the number of cases in January and February.  Princess isn't going to block out many, many cabins for quarantine if it didn't think that it was going to need them for that purpose.  But now that it realizes that it needs them, they have to move people around.  Again, they gain NOTHING (but grief) for doing this so you can rest assured that they are not doing this intentionally to tick people off, nor are they doing it to boost revenue.

You asked "why do you think Princess is selling them?", as if to imply that they weren't.  People then rightfully pointed out that they were.  You then moved to "they must have been B2B", they clearly are not.  I don't think anyone has said it was done with malice, though admittedly the "bait and switch" line was a bit inflammatory.  The point is, they clearly have sold the rooms, and there IS an issue.  Regardless of their intention, the end result is that people are getting bumped out of cabins that they specifically wanted.  It's that simple.  Are there reasonable explanations for that?  Quite possibly.  Traveling right now is chockablock full of issues and hiccups.  But pretending like it's not an issue for posters is just silly.  

Edited by PhotoGal07

2 hours ago, PhotoGal07 said:

Are there reasonable explanations for that?  Quite possibly. 

Quite possibly?  That suggests that the converse is also possible and that there are no reasonable explanations and that is absurd. Without a reasonable explanation all you are left with is entropy. Occam’s razor is in play here. Princess sold cabins that it didn’t think it would need for other operational purposes and as the cruise got closer in time and statistical numbers changed, it concluded that it in fact needed those cabins and found it necessary to move people out of them. This is neither mysterious, nefarious nor unusual under current conditions. No poster had yet to report anything that doesn’t fit this model. But feel free to ponder other alternatives. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Quite possibly?  That suggests that the converse is also possible and that there are no reasonable explanations and that is absurd. Without a reasonable explanation all you are left with is entropy. Occam’s razor is in play here. Princess sold cabins that it didn’t think it would need for other operational purposes and as the cruise got closer in time and statistical numbers changed, it concluded that it in fact needed those cabins and found it necessary to move people out of them. This is neither mysterious, nefarious nor unusual under current conditions. No poster had yet to report anything that doesn’t fit this model. But feel free to ponder other alternatives. 

It is certainly possible, companies make mistakes ALL the time.  While malice is exceptionally low on the likelihood scale, ignorance and/or bad judgement are certainly possible.  The people making these calls are human, they are perfectly capable of making mistakes.  Just because someone thinks it's possible that an error was made, does not mean they think it was done just to be evil. 

But once again, regardless of whether they made the best call with the information they had at hand, or they just kicked the can down the road and hoped for the best, it's the end results that are causing a problem.  I don't understand what's so difficult to about that, and why you keep moving the goal post to insist there's not an issue.

4 minutes ago, PhotoGal07 said:

It is certainly possible, companies make mistakes ALL the time.  While malice is exceptionally low on the likelihood scale, ignorance and/or bad judgement are certainly possible.  The people making these calls are human, they are perfectly capable of making mistakes.  Just because someone thinks it's possible that an error was made, does not mean they think it was done just to be evil.   I'm not sure how the argument has now turned into, "why do you think there's a massive conspiracy?" when no one have suggested that.  It's a straw man argument.

But once again, regardless of whether they made the best call with the information they had at hand, or they just kicked the can down the road and hoped for the best, it's the end results that are causing a problem.  I don't understand what's so difficult to about that, and why you keep moving the goal post to insist there's not an issue.

Edited by PhotoGal07