Edge Class Sky Suite view question

lawgirl

Thinking of sailing on Beyond and booking a Sky Suite S1.  I remember reading on the Boards that certain cabins have a pole in the middle of balcony that “blocks” view of ocean on Edge class.  There was a post about how to “count” cabins. I think it was every so many cabins had a clear view. For the life of me I cannot find that post!  Anyone know what I am referring to?  

Also, we often book S1 corner aft  on S class , but reading on CC it seems  many prefer the S1 due to bed configuration on Edge class.  Other than larger balcony, are S1 and Sunset Sky Suite (Aft S1) on Edge class about the same size?  Is bathroom smaller on normal S1.  Just curious.  We haven’t been on Edge class yet.

thank you! 

Hi!  Yes, I do.  I know the exact post.  

If there are four cabins next to each other,  the middle two have the poles.  This repeats itself down the line.  You also have to be aware of a solid 'wall' that doesn't open between balconies for some cabins.  I sail with others so we have the dividers opened up.

PLEASE NOTE: The Beyond is longer with more cabins so not all cabin #'s for the Edge and Apex match up with the Beyond but based on deck plans I seemed to figure it out and with recent videos of the Beyond, my 'research' seems to be correct.  😉

For example, on the Beyond. Deck 10.  Cabins 10140 through 10146 (group of 4) -  Cabin 10142 and 10144 would have the poles.  10146 would have a solid wall on the balcony on one side and the other side a divider that can be opened.  

Hope this helps. 

The bathrooms have a different layout in the Aft Sky Suites.  They also do not have the window that looks out to the cabin/water. 

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl

33 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

@lawgirl and anyone else interested in this same topic: here's a thread I started a few months ago specifically asking about the  vertical poles on some of the balconies of the Edge class Sky Suites; there were very helpful replies.

Bless you!  I thought I was nuts! I remembered the drawing of the cabins with little red lines where poles are! It was a 2018 post and it’s noted in your thread!  Thank you much!  

Now I picked a S1 with no pole, but it’s next to an Infinite Veranda…. I thought my cruise agent mentioned complaints about wind or door noise from the IV cabin if you are next to one…trying to figure out if that’s true!

I know.  It’s so silly i focus the first world problems of picking a cabin.  Thanks!

7 hours ago, lawgirl said:

Bless you!  I thought I was nuts! I remembered the drawing of the cabins with little red lines where poles are! It was a 2018 post and it’s noted in your thread!  Thank you much!  

Now I picked a S1 with no pole, but it’s next to an Infinite Veranda…. I thought my cruise agent mentioned complaints about wind or door noise from the IV cabin if you are next to one…trying to figure out if that’s true!

I know.  It’s so silly i focus the first world problems of picking a cabin.  Thanks!

I focus on cabin selection as well.  😊   It’s why I’d started that thread in the first place.  I’d never have known about those poles without CC, nor how to figure out where they are. I see you’ve also got an answer in another thread to your question about noise from an IV next door.  Excellent use of this forum. Enjoy your Sky Suite! 

3 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

I focus on cabin selection as well.  😊

10 hours ago, lawgirl said:

I know.  It’s so silly i focus the first world problems of picking a cabin.  

I do too. I spend alot of time choosing the perfect cabin.  Once I find it on a class of ship then I stick to the same one/immediate area.   When I booked my first E-class on the Beyond, I had all of that research to do again. 😉

I would never do a move up bid because I wouldn't be able to choose my cabin plus I always travel with family and friends and I choose cabins all in line with one another.  😉

🍹

2 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

I do too. I spend alot of time choosing the perfect cabin.  Once I find it on a class of ship then I stick to the same one/immediate area.   When I booked my first E-class on the Beyond, I had all of that research to do again. 😉

I would never do a move up bid because I wouldn't be able to choose my cabin plus I always travel with family and friends and I choose cabins all in line with one another.  😉

🍹

Thank goodness there are others like me!  My husband thinks I am crazy.  We book almost same room every time -- I like aft SS on S class (floor 8, 9 or 11 preferred), and a midship CS on M class (I have a soft spot for M class -- our first cruise ever was on Summit) And I agree about move up bid!  I am so picky about the cabin and location. Almost booked an aft SS on the Beyond until I studied where all the Retreat areas were and realized I would be walking the length of the ship every time I forgot something in the cabin. And I wear very high heels to dinner so there is that!

I think it is crazy how they build new ships and keep putting the most expensive cabins under public areas.  We had a Grand Suite on a Royal Caribbean ship years ago, right under the Solarium chairs and tables (not loungers).  It was really nice with a bar area, etc, but one of the worst locations. It had constant chair scraping and carts going to the Solarium restaurant with food and ice at all hours of the morning.  Since then, I never book a cabin under or above  a public area (or at least under a pool or restaurant area). 

Thanks for the advice!  I am bookmarking that 2018 thread with the photos of the balcony poles so I don't lose it again!    

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, lawgirl said:

Thank goodness there are others like me!  My husband thinks I am crazy.  We book almost same room every time -- I like aft SS on S class (floor 8, 9 or 11 preferred), and a midship CS on M class (I have a soft spot for M class -- our first cruise ever was on Summit) And I agree about move up bid!  I am so picky about the cabin and location. Almost booked an aft SS on the Beyond until I studied where all the Retreat areas were and realized I would be walking the length of the ship every time I forgot something in the cabin. And I wear very high heels to dinner so there is that!

I think it is crazy how they build new ships and keep putting the most expensive cabins under public areas.  We had a Grand Suite on a Royal Caribbean ship years ago, right under the Solarium chairs and tables (not loungers).  It was really nice with a bar area, etc, but one of the worst locations. It had constant chair scraping and carts going to the Solarium restaurant with food and ice at all hours of the morning.  Since then, I never book a cabin under or above  a public area (or at least under a pool or restaurant area). 

Thanks for the advice!  I am bookmarking that 2018 thread with the photos of the balcony poles so I don't lose it again!    

It is definitely worth all of the work I put into it.  😉

I get deck plans out, read up on whatever I can find, study pictures and videos.   😅

When I saw a video last week of the Beyond leaving France, I paused it at different angles to see the cabin locations I picked to make sure all is well and what I thought it would be and it is.  😉

🍹

1 hour ago, PinkSandGirl said:

It is definitely worth all of the work I put into it.  😉

I get deck plans out, read up on whatever I can find, study pictures and videos.   😅

When I saw a video last week of the Beyond leaving France, I paused it at different angles to see the cabin locations I picked to make sure all is well and what I thought it would be and it is.  😉

🍹

Well, now I need to study that video!!!!!  Make sure there is unexpected lifeboat obstruction!  😄🍸 Was it on youtube?

7 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

The links were right here on CC 😊

25 minutes ago, lawgirl said:

Well, now I need to study that video!!!!!  Make sure there is unexpected lifeboat obstruction!  😄🍸 Was it on youtube?

Yes, these are the links I posted and studied. 😉

🍹

8 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Yes, these are the links I posted and studied. 😉

🍹

Just watched, plus Southampton arrival.  So cool!  It looks like the “poles” are exactly as described!  Too bad have to wait until 2024!  It docked next to Silhouette though, which is our next cruise…. Thanks again!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lawgirl said:

Just watched, plus Southampton arrival.  So cool!  It looks like the “poles” are exactly as described!  Too bad have to wait until 2024!  It docked next to Silhouette though, which is our next cruise…. Thanks again!

I watched some videos of The Beyond arriving there today as well. 😃

My first Beyond cruise will be in October and then 2024 on it again. (Thinking I will like it). 😉

The Silhouette was my first Celebrity ship so when they were sounding their horns it was even more special.  😉

Enjoy your next cruise!

🍹