Anybody done their proctored COVID test at 12:01 a.m.?

We go Friday.  So we can test on Wednesday.  Anybody done a test at midnight plus one minute (or thereabouts)?  It's just the date on the test that matters - right? We've got 4-20-22 on there then what time it was when we took it doesn't matter?

If you're going to play it close to midnight, the time is (at least ours were) Eastern US time.  That means in Texas, for example, you could test before midnight and still be good.  You can always ask the proctor, before you begin the test, to be sure.

• Like 1

Yes, we tested slightly after midnight.  We were flying in a couple of days early into Miami to do some tourist activities since we’d never been to Miami. We wanted to make sure we had a negative results prior to flying.  Had no problems.

I flew home once the day before a cruise that left close to home.  By the time I got home and settled it was near midnight when I did the eMed test.  The date and time on the eMed test was in UTC so it appeared I did the test the morning of the cruise and that is exactly what the terminal folks saw.  I didn't try to educate them on UTC vs EST.  I was compliant either way but I just thought it was funny they didn't see the UTC in big letters and just assumed it was EST.  

Edited by twangster
  • Haha 1

I get so confused about the timing here on the west coast. So we just do after midnight Friday for a Sunday cruise. We'll be doing our next one in Florida...so how do they know where we really are and the time zone ????

12 hours ago, Ashland said:

I get so confused about the timing here on the west coast. So we just do after midnight Friday for a Sunday cruise. We'll be doing our next one in Florida...so how do they know where we really are and the time zone ????

I have done my previous 2 tests at 0900-0930 West coast time, 2 days before. So yes to your question. So even in Florida, anytime Fri, Sat, or even Sun before boarding. It will just be a date stamp, regardless of wherever you are.
There is no way I would get up at midnight, unless I had a really early morning flight.

11 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

I have done my previous 2 tests at 0900-0930 West coast time, 2 days before. So yes to your question. So even in Florida, anytime Fri, Sat, or even Sun before boarding. It will just be a date stamp, regardless of wherever you are.
There is no way I would get up at midnight, unless I had a really early morning flight.

Let me understand this please.....I can take my Abbott Binex test at 9-9:30pm tonight Thursday for a sail on Sunday and it will show as taking it on Friday? If this is true you have helped me more than you realize....THANK YOU !!!!

22 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Let me understand this please.....I can take my Abbott Binex test at 9-9:30pm tonight Thursday for a sail on Sunday and it will show as taking it on Friday? If this is true you have helped me more than you realize....THANK YOU !!!!

Are you still at home? I wouldn’t chance that. It will still show Thurs. I took mine at 0900-0930, which is A.M. Take it in the morning, Friday.  If you’re in Florida, take it in the morning anytime.

If you are flying early Fri. morning, take before you leave or wait until you get to FL. You can do Sat. too

Edited by crzndeb

Just now, crzndeb said:

Are you still at home? I wouldn’t chance that. It will still show Thurs. I took mine at 0900-0930, which is A.M. Take it in the morning. If you’re in Florida, take it in the morning, anytime.

Yes...still at home (west coast). So I have to wait until after midnight tonight...darn...Thanks for your help.

1 hour ago, Laurie JJ said:

We live on the west coast and did ours just after 9 pm on a Wednesday, which was midnight Eastern time.  Our cruise left on a Saturday.  Our tests were accepted without a problem.

Really confused now !!!