Canadians Covid insurance

allmotormark

19 hours ago, HappyInVan said:

Same problem here. TuGo won't accept my application for medical insurance. Looks like its because of my age; >65.

??

I had previously purchased Ontario Blue Cross medical insurance which provides COVID coverage, but I had to buy TuGo for trip cancellation/interruption insurance. The TuGo website wouldn’t allow me to purchase medical insurance because I’m 68.

• Thanks 1

I’m having the same issue as an American — pretty much all the insurance they sell here doesn’t list Covid on the plan, even though it covers all the things (and more.). 

I found this which is reasonable (the last option is for non- us residents traveling outside the us).

https://www.trawickinternational.com/travel-insurance-plans/international-travel-medical-insurance-for-outside-the-usa/

• Thanks 1

I haven't purchased insurance yet, as my cruise is not until next year. However, Manulife's website says that now that the travel advisory has been lifted all of their interruption/cancellation packages will cover you if you test positive for COVID 19 if you are fully vaccinated. However, their actual policy wording doesn't specify COVID.  See here - https://www.manulife.ca/page/covid-19-statement.html.   So I wonder if MSC will accept this summary page as confirmation. 

2 hours ago, DoubleSix said:

I haven't purchased insurance yet, as my cruise is not until next year. However, Manulife's website says that now that the travel advisory has been lifted all of their interruption/cancellation packages will cover you if you test positive for COVID 19 if you are fully vaccinated. However, their actual policy wording doesn't specify COVID.  See here - https://www.manulife.ca/page/covid-19-statement.html.   So I wonder if MSC will accept this summary page as confirmation. 

You can get a letter from Manulife  with ur policy number on it stating full COVID insurance included.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, oilsand said:

Having recently returned from a MSC cruise starting in  Dubai ,was refused boarding to the ship even with all the TUGO coverage ( as outlined by MSC )

Why were you denied boarding?  what did they say?  I'm planning on going on a cruise from Dubai on Saturday so now you have me a little worried. 

2 hours ago, oilsand said:

Having recently returned from a MSC cruise starting in  Dubai ,was refused boarding to the ship even with all the TUGO coverage ( as outlined by MSC )

yes please share what happened.

Edited by allmotormark

3 hours ago, oilsand said:

You can't make a statement like this and not provide us with details! 😩 Please let us know MSC's reason for denying you boarding? 

I was told that i did not have covid insurance, so they refursed boarding. Tugo had assured me that i did when i purchased their 2 policies  After much discussion they decided they could sell me another policy at the dock. Currently under investigation by MSC and also TUGO

52 minutes ago, oilsand said:

I was told that i did not have covid insurance, so they refursed boarding. Tugo had assured me that i did when i purchased their 2 policies  After much discussion they decided they could sell me another policy at the dock. Currently under investigation by MSC and also TUGO

Did you bring the policy with all the info?

1 hour ago, oilsand said:

Sounds silly. MSC should have offered insurance to all pax. Then, use an underwriter to re-insure the risk.

On 4/22/2022 at 7:30 PM, allmotormark said:

I would just like  to know how hard they check. All the insurances I find cover it but the policy’s don’t say Covid 19 at all but all the faq’s say they cover what needs to be covered due to Covid 19

Even the Tugo does not list 

6 hours ago, oilsand said:

so then I assumed u bought their insurance and boarded the ship.   Crazy.  

Of course , i had all the policies supplied  by TUGO. They seemed to say their was no reference to Covid

After 17 hours traveling from canada , I was stuck with few choices

I purchased a policy offered at the dock and boarded my cruise

17 hours ago, oilsand said:

I purchased a policy offered at the dock and boarded my cruise

oilsand, thanks for the update using TUGO.

The policy at the dock, is this regularly offered by MSC through TUGO or a US insurer?  Would it be possible to comment on a price range for this at dock?

Sorry cannot answer your questions

i assume it was a policy made available by MSC corp ( not tugo or US supplier )

i no longer have paperwork regarding the policy ( it was stolen later in my trip ) )

I paid about $ 100 US dollars and was relieved to get on the ship

I was on the Seashore from the 16th to the 23rd and made sure I had insurance - in fact probably went a bit overboard.  Anyway, they did not even ask me for proof of any insurance policy!  

Not sure if you will get asked or not but if you do - could you not just purchase some on the spot?

Tracey 

20 hours ago, Saskmomof4 said:

I was on the Seashore from the 16th to the 23rd and made sure I had insurance - in fact probably went a bit overboard.  Anyway, they did not even ask me for proof of any insurance policy!  

Not sure if you will get asked or not but if you do - could you not just purchase some on the spot?

Tracey 

what insurance did you have if i may ask?

On 4/25/2022 at 12:18 PM, gmbhardy said:

I’m on the Seashore in the YC right now. Checked in for the cruise on Saturday and was not asked for any proof of insurance. Go figure.

what insurance company did you buy from?