Cruise Critic will be on Celebrity Beyond - what do you want to know?

• Members
On 4/21/2022 at 8:15 PM, HMR74 said:

FWIW, I have the same question and this is a picture of the sky suites just aft of magic carpet on decks 10 and 11. You can see the supports holding up deck 14 over 12,  and I think you can see the pipes which are water downspouts, I think. I have a difficult time making out what's the balcony divider and downspouts (and part of the door window might create an illusion of there being a pipe?  But it looks like the same concept you mention. a 50/50 chance.

If you know what you are looking for you are better off.

My booked cabin for a b3b I think is where the rolls of carpet (the white things that look like logs) are laid out and mine is further back, the last 3 or 4 of the rolls) andthe more I look the more I think the frame of the sliding door ends up looking like a divider or downspout.

It is what it is as I do not want to change cabins at end of each segment, and that was the only choice I had, but it would be nice not to have the pipe right there.

image.thumb.png.d5b1dc8c11bcc2b6446ca5c53d38a0d8.png

I don't know about the Sky Suites with poles but I can confirm that my cabin - a concierge class infinite veranda on deck 12 (12244) - has the poles. It is annoying, and I would not like it if I had a suite. If you love shade, then this won't be a deal breaker. But I enjoy the sun and full ocean views. 

AC2C1B4B-F459-4579-9821-ED1675BD36FD.jpeg

29690ED8-0BC5-4A33-B8B2-7757F6CA0986.jpeg

3 hours ago, Cruise Critic Chris said:

I don't know about the Sky Suites with poles but I can confirm that my cabin - a concierge class infinite veranda on deck 12 (12244) - has the poles. It is annoying, and I would not like it if I had a suite. If you love shade, then this won't be a deal breaker. But I enjoy the sun and full ocean views. 

AC2C1B4B-F459-4579-9821-ED1675BD36FD.jpeg

29690ED8-0BC5-4A33-B8B2-7757F6CA0986.jpeg

,there are 2 types of poles. One type is the support for the extension of deck 14 as shown here. The other type is the ones that appear to be downspouts that are vertical and mess up the clean space of the suite balconies.  I wonder if the same one run thru the IV’s.

the poles you see are great in a rainy climate cruise, not so great normally. 
the suites are right below you and they actually extend out another foot or two so that cover is not too big a deal. It is why I liked the hump on Solstice.

Edited by HMR74
  • Like 1

The latest in the Edge Class fleet, Beyond offers more of Celebrity's new direction. New offerings and experiences are necessary in expanding the brand, but not at the expense of losing all the familiar and comfortable presentation that brought success with M & S class.

What tangible, as well as intangible components remain with Beyond that will serve to temper the obvious exposure to this new environment? 

19 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

The latest in the Edge Class fleet, Beyond offers more of Celebrity's new direction. New offerings and experiences are necessary in expanding the brand, but not at the expense of losing all the familiar and comfortable presentation that brought success with M & S class.

What tangible, as well as intangible components remain with Beyond that will serve to temper the obvious exposure to this new environment? 

That new direction is the strategy of big ship premium, correct?

If so, then what on Beyond exemplifies this? The new Sunset Bar seems to be nice.

More space for art, giving more of an upscale feeling?

What about service levels and qualtiy of food?

Chris--how is the entertainment. It certainly sounds different. But will we paying customers view it as more upscale?

Can you see the differentiation?

The same questions for others planning to be on Beyond near term. A lot is subjective but what about the objective improvements.

On 4/20/2022 at 9:46 AM, mac_tlc said:

Did they improve the dismal cabin table and balcony table issues in the Sky Suites? Edge is worst, Apex only a little better. 

mac_tlc

May I ask—What are those issues?  

Thank you so much for posting and sharing!

We are going to be on the Beyond next month. After reading Celebrity Cruise Critic posts these past weeks, we see that each ship is handling Covid quarantine a bit differently. Wondering if there have been any discussion of covid policies?  Will Beyond be isolating passengers on Deck 3 in Oceanview cabins? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, renji said:

May I ask—What are those issues?  

On the Edge, the table in the cabin is very very low to the ground and is very small. It’s impossible to eat breakfast on it, unless you want to sit on the floor. On the balcony, the table suffers from many of the same things. It can’t fit more than two coffee cups on it. 

Apex is a bit better in that the cabin table is a little bigger. Still not practical to have a leisurely breakfast on it, as we often wish to do. 

Here are some pictures. First two are Edge, third is Apex and the last picture is the balcony on the Equinox with an adequate, practical and useable table.

mac_tlc

13390160-1F02-423F-81A1-45E564DAFEA8.jpeg

E0D9785B-5F74-4259-809E-AFABDDC04B5C.jpeg

F0B7F29B-A035-4E90-B027-992B38766240.jpeg

30327406-A6FE-4DCA-92B2-B1137AFC621D.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, carol1962 said:

Can you find out Captain Kate's schedule? The 11-8-2022 to 11-13-2022 group is wondering if she will be on The Beyond then.     Thank You, Carol.

I'm following Captain Kate on Tik-Tok. She'll be aboard until September.

27 minutes ago, LINGBER said:

We are going to be on the Beyond next month. After reading Celebrity Cruise Critic posts these past weeks, we see that each ship is handling Covid quarantine a bit differently. Wondering if there have been any discussion of covid policies?  Will Beyond be isolating passengers on Deck 3 in Oceanview cabins? 

Same question here. Thanks.

We'll be on Beyond in June.

Never liked the low tables in cabins-we usually had breakfast in cabin either due to shore excursion days, or at sea we might have breakfast on balcony.

Practically speaking there is no way around the low coffee table in a standard size cabin. On a vacation breakfast is usually a quick meal anyway, but I just do not like the tumult of the buffet. 

Hwever we would  get afternoon in cabin appetizers ( shrimp cocktail , fruit) and a drink and the low small coffee table is not the easiest way. Even the desks are not all that much oversized. especially with al the electronics.

Never have had dinner in cabin and the lack of a decent table is one reason why. That is our leisurely dinner/time of the  day.

On a nice night, I imagine it would be fantastic to dine on private balcony. But on the other hand its nice to get over to ones dining room and meet others and chat during that leisurely dinner.

2 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

On the Edge, the table in the cabin is very very low to the ground and is very small. It’s impossible to eat breakfast on it, unless you want to sit on the floor. On the balcony, the table suffers from many of the same things. It can’t fit more than two coffee cups on it. 

Apex is a bit better in that the cabin table is a little bigger. Still not practical to have a leisurely breakfast on it, as we often wish to do. 

Here are some pictures. First two are Edge, third is Apex and the last picture is the balcony on the Equinox with an adequate, practical and useable table.

mac_tlc

13390160-1F02-423F-81A1-45E564DAFEA8.jpeg

E0D9785B-5F74-4259-809E-AFABDDC04B5C.jpeg

F0B7F29B-A035-4E90-B027-992B38766240.jpeg

30327406-A6FE-4DCA-92B2-B1137AFC621D.jpeg

Thank you so much for the explanation!  I’m trying a number of different cruise lines to see what I like best, had previously done only Cunard, Crystal, Princess and a few older Royal ships, so am a Celebrity newbie. Was last in a Cunard Princess Grill and we really never ate in the cabin (except one late night room service on the coffee table) but then the Princess Grill dining was incredibly refined.  This year am planning to try a Royal Oasis suite, Celebrity Retreat and NCL Haven for the first time. So interesting to learn all the pros and cons. 

5 minutes ago, renji said:

Thank you so much for the explanation!  I’m trying a number of different cruise lines to see what I like best, had previously done only Cunard, Crystal, Princess and a few older Royal ships, so am a Celebrity newbie. Was last in a Cunard Princess Grill and we really never ate in the cabin (except one late night room service on the coffee table) but then the Princess Grill dining was incredibly refined.  This year am planning to try a Royal Oasis suite, Celebrity Retreat and NCL Haven for the first time. So interesting to learn all the pros and cons. 

Our favorite suite on Oasis is definitely the Crown Lofts. Great cabin and a wonderful location.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

Our favorite suite on Oasis is definitely the Crown Lofts. Great cabin and a wonderful location.

mac_tlc

I absolutely agree with you!  We stayed in a Crown Loft on Harmony (deck 17 with ocean facing balcony) and then did a cruise the next week on Edge in a CS.  I did a trip review on this here on CC (it was Jan 2019).  We enjoyed the Crown Loft more than the CS.

• Like 2

I would like to know if something was done to address how loud it is in Prime Steaks from the Martini bar. It is impossible to have a conversation. Hoping they put up some sort of glass wall.

Thanks for checking things out.

Can’t believe Captain Kate won’t be taking her on its first transatlantic in October?

On 4/2/2022 at 9:11 PM, psb said:

Florida paradise one,  there are four of us in our group staying near Pantheon that will go to port together .  We have been to Rome so will not be doing any tours there but are open to suggestions at other ports.  

We have had great independent tours in the past!  Love the small groups and pricing.  Hope it will not be an issue with this cruise.  

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I'm following Captain Kate on Tik-Tok. She'll be aboard until September.

Same question here. Thanks.

We'll be on Beyond in June.

6 hours ago, LINGBER said:

That’s exactly what I’m wondering, will be on July 30 from Barcelona with stops in France and Italy. Are you required to test regularly even if asymptomatic? Do they pull you out of your suite if you have contact with someone?  Skipping their excursions to reduce the risk. 

31 minutes ago, macaroni said:

Can’t believe Captain Kate won’t be taking her on its first transatlantic in October?

Well, in her video she said: "I'll not worry what to wear daily, since I'll be in uniform until September"...

Don't forget - she's on board of Beyond since January. Personally, I'm amazed that she's expected to "serve" so many months without a break.

34 minutes ago, renji said:

That’s exactly what I’m wondering, will be on July 30 from Barcelona with stops in France and Italy. Are you required to test regularly even if asymptomatic? Do they pull you out of your suite if you have contact with someone?  Skipping their excursions to reduce the risk. 

We are skipping the celebrity excursions as well. Going to be loners on this trip. Not excited about contact tracing and having to eat meals in our room.  It’s unfortunate but better not seeing a way around it.