Diamond & Platinum party?

HakunaMatada

10 minutes ago, HakunaMatada said:

do they still have this, and if so is it still the last night?

I don't know if it's Covid related or just that the number of Platinum/Diamond has become too numerous, results may vary. I've seen posts that said they got a glass of wine and a drink coupon, may or may not have any food. Think I saw a post where they had a Diamond luncheon? Could vary by ship and number of D/P.

Guest BasicSailor

Yep, it varies from ship to ship. But mostly the reports I have seen for the glass of wine and drink coupon are coming off the MG. Just too many P& D's running aboard that ship. and you still have to run around the ship to pick up your pin and amenities.

On 4 day Sunrise two weeks ago.  No joint party but they had a diamond "party" around 10:30 on sea day.  Passed a few sweets around and had free drinks.  Some officers came in introduced themselves as a group and left right away.  No captain, eas like housekeeping, food service, hotel director, etc.  There was like 10 of us there and a few of us talked amoung ourselves for a half out and left.

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
4 minutes ago, wemjam said:

On 4 day Sunrise two weeks ago.  No joint party but they had a diamond "party" around 10:30 on sea day.  Passed a few sweets around and had free drinks.  Some officers came in introduced themselves as a group and left right away.  No captain, eas like housekeeping, food service, hotel director, etc.  There was like 10 of us there and a few of us talked amoung ourselves for a half out and left.

Is this new ? I have never did a Joint party on a ship 😲. But I have smelled it walking around the ship.😆

We were on Mardi Gras in August and April and it was exactly the same both times - given a glass of wine (choice of red or white) or soft drink upon entering the theater (no food trays).  Short presentation/introductions, and a video presentation.  They tell you that a free drink "coupon" was loaded onto your card 1 hour prior to the party (and it was, we used ours before the party at Fortune Teller Bar).  The free drink does have a value limit, I think I had to pay like $1.50 towards it.

1 hour ago, BasicSailor said:

Is this new ? I have never did a Joint party on a ship 😲. But I have smelled it walking around the ship.😆

Least they could do is be nice and share it. Don't Bogart that joint my friend (as the song goes)

On Ecstasy 5 day cruise there was both a Diamond gathering and a Platinum/Diamond reunion.

Both had unlimited drinks of your call for the duration. The Diamond gathering had appetizers.

On Ecstasy, no free drink was loaded onto the S&S cards - really didn't need any after the party.

• Like 2

I was at the Ecstacy party also. I had two beers and could have had a 3rd, but two was enough. The beers were already poured in a glass. It was not a large crowd and we were not rushed. Actually, the CD made comments that we should all drink up and enjoy. This was a much different atmosphere than on the Valor where we seemed to be an inconvenience and we had a booking conflict for the Theater and we had to be out in 30 minutes.

2 hours ago, BasicSailor said:

But I have smelled it walking around the ship.😆

Agreed - and I'm sick of it!!!🤢

To the OP's question - On our DEC 2021 Glory cruise and our Dream cruise last week, the Platinum/Diamond party was held on the last night (which was the last sea day), and it was for both groups.  No food, but complimentary drinks that were already made OR you could order something else, also complimentary.  According to the P/D perks info, supposedly there are also free drinks pre-loaded to your S&S card to be used in the dining room, but we've found it to be too much trouble to use.  We end up having to go to Guest Services to get our account adjusted.  

Vista and Horizon in the last few months, both had the full P&D party in the Liquid Lounge with unlimited free bar service, drink trays going around, and the big beer and wine tub iced down for the duration. Awesome times for sure... only changes I noticed from pre-'VID were the lack of food and no more little games for plaques/group photos. Also, I don't believe the captain attended on Horizon. 

19 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Awesome times for sure... only changes I noticed from pre-'VID were the lack of food and no more little games for plaques/group photos. Also, I don't believe the captain attended on Horizon. 

We've also noticed no more games.  Captain wasn't in attendance on Dream last week either.  Guess the Captains don't attend any more???  😞

7 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

Captain wasn't in attendance on Dream last week either.  Guess the Captains don't attend any more???  😞

We were told that the Captain cannot attend this and similar functions due to Covid protocols that limit the Captain's exposure to others in order to minimize his chance of catching Covid.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, HakunaMatada said:

thanks for all your reply's, looks like it's as it was in the old days except for the little snacks, but on the new ships looks like it has been scaled way back. pity because on the perks page it still lists the full party.

Mardi Gras is the only ship (at this point) that has the scaled back party - there's no bar in the theater and I don't think servers would be able to easily move about in there.

Guess our little group got lucky on the Sunrise.  Had free drinks AND desserts they passed around - the little bite size ones they normally do.  Chocolate Strawberries, Macaroons, etc.

Will be on the Conquest next weekend so we will see what they do or don't do there.