Covid Refund Policy for Summer 2022

aroy11462

7 minutes ago, KCBailey said:

It looks like Celebrity has updated the FAQ to indicate you will get refunded if you test positive within 10 days, and that is now in place until Nov 2022.   Great news

Can you provide a link, or directions as to where to find this?  I just went looking for it to confirm, and did not see it.

Tom & Judy

8 minutes ago, TFree said:

Can you provide a link, or directions as to where to find this?  I just went looking for it to confirm, and did not see it.

Tom & Judy

On the FAQ page.  https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/healthy-at-sea/faqs

It's posted on the Canadian site already. The policy itself is not updated yet but here's the FAQ update:

image.thumb.png.c98057b6a8a13e83d61ef3fbfd9e1333.png

Edited by truedesigngirl
add text
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, truedesigngirl said:

It's posted on the Canadian site already. The policy itself is not updated yet but here's the FAQ update:

Celebrity IT strikes again?  As far as I can tell, the FAQ has not yet been updated on the US site.

Tom & Judy

38 minutes ago, truedesigngirl said:

Awesome! Wonder why cruises out of Hawaii in May are not included re X covering onboard related medical COVID costs? No biggy for us, just curious. Thankyou so much for posting the info. KC Bailey & truedesigngirl.

Edited by MAXII
Added a thanks

41 minutes ago, KCBailey said:

It looks like Celebrity has updated the FAQ to indicate you will get refunded if you test positive within 10 days, and that is now in place until Nov 2022.   Great news

Thank you so much for this!

Just curious (as we can get covid cover quite cheaply in the UK) If you have to quarantine..say 2 days from the end of the cruise, once the cruise is over, I assume you have to pay for the land based quarantine hotel (if the country insists on it)?

2 minutes ago, rachiem said:

Just curious (as we can get covid cover quite cheaply in the UK) If you have to quarantine..say 2 days from the end of the cruise, once the cruise is over, I assume you have to pay for the land based quarantine hotel (if the country insists on it)?

That is what it looks like from the information provided. It seems cancellation protection has been extended through November but not the COVID assistance that paid for quarantine and transportation.

26 minutes ago, rachiem said:

The way I read it is that they would allow you to stay on the ship to finish your quarantine?  Not sure if that is what a sick passenger would want...but that is how I read it.  If you want to move to a hotel, you would need to pay for it.

From the US site - https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/cel-covid-19-cancellations-and-refunds-policy.pdf.  It looks as if this pdf was updated today.

When you click on refunds and cancelations hyperlink in this paragraph

*Last modified September 20, 2021. Subject to change. Celebrity will cover the costs of accommodations for isolation and private air transfer costs for guests who have fully complied with all Celebrity Cruises and Royal Caribbean Group COVID-19 Policies and Procedures in effect at the time of voyage. Additional terms and conditions may apply, see our COVID- 19 Refund and Cancellations Policy and your Cruise Ticket Contract for details. “Traveling Party” means (1) your family members living with you in the same household and (2) traveling companions assigned to your stateroom on the ship. Guests who test positive for COVID-19 on Celebrity Apex sailings from Athens will isolate locally prior to returning home. Our CareTeam will assist with accommodations for isolation, daily wellbeing check-ins, and support to reschedule return travel home.

3 hours ago, rachiem said:

UK insurance would kick in the moment you test positive onboard and your insurer would arrange any quarantine/isolation ashore and transportation home.  You need a positive PCR test acknowledged by your insurer for this to start.  There is a grey area however, negative test but quarantined is not covered by your travel insurance. However if you are negative at the end of the cruise you could fly home leaving your positive companion in the insurance company's hands.  This has caused big debate as there have been families forced to leave members behind in hotels for financial reasons.  

Under EU/British Chamber of Shipping rules ultimately the cruise line is responsible for the passenger and this new adaptation by Celebrity is clearly aimed at preventing non European guests' transport/accommodation being their problem.

Any EU/UK traveller within Europe basically has no worries if they are positive and unwell as their insurance would cover their medical, quarantine and transportation costs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, plucasana said:

The way I understand it: you can stay on the ship (isolated of course) until the end of your cruise but any further land-based quarantine would be up to you. That is fine by me.

Not exactly.   You might stay on the ship because several countries will not allow you off the ship.  Other allow isolation on land, all depends and certainly Subject to change by the countries involved - Celebrity simply will comply with local rules. 

10 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Did I miss a section on US sailings departing after May 17, 2022?  Looks like onboard medical and any quarantine arrangements are dropped as I didn't see any mention.

I think you are correct. The refund policy is in place through November. Until May 17, you can complete quarantine on board or opt for shoreside, but after that there are no provisions for assistance for cruises sailing from US ports.