COVID Testing

1 hour ago, SRF said:

eMed tests are $25 each.  I-Health proctoring in $20, plus the kit (if you did not get one free).

Not a huge savings.

$25??? The only place offering the 6 pack for $150 charged $20 for shipping, and another $9 for tax. So the 6 tests worked out to $32 each. and with insurance only reimbursing $12 per test, that's $20 per out of pocket. I used CVS up until this cruise. But after today.. zero places are offering rapid results, only PCR. 

16 minutes ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

$25??? The only place offering the 6 pack for $150 charged $20 for shipping, and another $9 for tax. So the 6 tests worked out to $32 each. and with insurance only reimbursing $12 per test, that's $20 per out of pocket. I used CVS up until this cruise. But after today.. zero places are offering rapid results, only PCR. 

Does your area have Walgreen.  We used to test with CVS but as you said they are no longer offered  rapid test.  We are scheduled with Walgreen for this weekend cruising.

Just hope the cruiselines will do away with covid-test because it is hard to get it.  I guess for a future cruise we must buy through eMed or something else.  Our government free test kits will expire in August of this year.

Good luck

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jules of The Seas said:

Hi sgmn,

Don't know where ‘agony’ came from. Predictive text!!

Ha ha, feels like that sometimes after a gym session.

I think we're going to use Lloyds. There's one in Sainsburys near us that's open at 10am on a Sunday so we will still be good for our late afternoon flight 

BTW if you go to the three little dots at the top right of your post within 20 min of posting you can edit your post 

Sue

Edited by sgmn
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SRF said:

eMed tests are $25 each.  I-Health proctoring in $20, plus the kit (if you did not get one free).

Not a huge savings.

Our Ihealth proctoring is $24.99 and you have to make appts.  I agree Emed is more convenient and no appts. needed!

one of my local CVS is back to doing quick test but only 1 day notice.

I think they are trying to fix pricing and the web site.  might be back to normal or almost normal in a few weeks.  Still Walgreens is reliable in my area.

I did not realize this ihealth has become popular.

Any idea with the procture nurse is watching from USA or outside USA?

As I have mentioned, the availability of rapid test seems to be state based also.  If you are near a state border, try the adjacent state.

Neither CVS nor Walgreens offer any rapid tests in Maryland.

On 4/22/2022 at 5:38 PM, deliver42 said:

The cruise lines only accept the proctored version.

They accept CVS, Walgreen's, Walmart rapid tests. I just talked about it today with RCL. And of course, their proctored tests.

• Thanks 1

On 4/25/2022 at 10:39 AM, SRF said:

What is strange is there are NO Rapid Tests in Maryland.  CVS and Walgreens only do the lab test (1 - 2 days).  Unless we drive over the state line to PA or DE or VA. 

Rapid NAAT is available

On 4/25/2022 at 10:37 AM, SRF said:

NOW you can do that.

At least until someone finds a way to doctor the test to show negative no matter what.

So I am confused. Where can you get a non proctored test proctored ? We are leaving Fl.on a Wed. to Vancouver Ca. and the ship leaves on Fri. There is no way to be able to test on a Wed. before our 8 am flight and then we are in Canada so don't ink our insurance will cover the cost.

1 hour ago, cruiser man said:

Is the Rapid NAAT test offered by Walgreens accepted by Royal Caribbean?  I know that they accept the Rapid Antigen test that CVS used to offer but it doesn't appear to be available any longer.

Yes   NAAT test is accepted by Royal per their policy on it (at least in the US). It is like a PCR test FYI.