3-day Dining Package?

Courtesy reservation ..... is RC picking the speciality restaurant for us?  Haven't cruised with RC before, and not sure how their speciality dining works.  Appears to be different from other cruise lines.

• A courtesy reservation will be made for Day 1 or 2 of your cruise based on your preferred dining time. You will receive your courtesy reservation confirmation in your stateroom on the first day of your cruise.
  • All additional reservations or changes to your courtesy reservation must be made once onboard at any specialty restaurant.

On 4/23/2022 at 6:14 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

They have never even made that courtesy reservation for us on at least out last 5 cruises over the past 3 years

Same for us too.  Like the others said, just go to any speciality restaurant and you can make ALL of your dining preferences at one time. Lunches on sea days don't usually require a reservation but that's up to you.   It will be helpful if you know where you'd like to go to save you a bit of time.  

When you purchase the 3 day dining package it requires you to eat at Chops on day 1 or day 2.  At the time of purchase during checkout you will select day 1 or day 2 in you cruise planner and the time will correspond to your early or late dining time. After you get on board you will then select your other two dining options.  When you purchased this discount you’re getting a substantial discount by taking Chops on day one or day two, which is traditionally the slowest two days of Specialty restaurant bookings.

2 hours ago, GStanMus said:

When you purchase the 3 day dining package it requires you to eat at Chops on day 1 or day 2.

I thought this was just the Chops+1.  This is the first I heard of 3-day people needing to eat at Chops, and nothing on the website mentions this AFAIK.

3 hours ago, GStanMus said:

When you purchase the 3 day dining package it requires you to eat at Chops on day 1 or day 2.  At the time of purchase during checkout you will select day 1 or day 2 in you cruise planner and the time will correspond to your early or late dining time. After you get on board you will then select your other two dining options.  When you purchased this discount you’re getting a substantial discount by taking Chops on day one or day two, which is traditionally the slowest two days of Specialty restaurant bookings.

This is not true. With the 3 day dining package you can choose ANY specialty restaurant you want, even if you don't eat at Chops.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baelor said:

I thought this was just the Chops+1.  This is the first I heard of 3-day people needing to eat at Chops, and nothing on the website mentions this AFAIK.

I looked it up on the Royal planner and did not see that information either. @GStanMus where did you see that?

Thanks!

6 hours ago, GStanMus said:

Your experience is different than most. We have always had a package and it has been ten years or more since they actual picked a restaurant. We have never had specialty on day one. Chop's + 1 may be different, but I am sure you can change to any day or venue as soon as you board. 

On 4/25/2022 at 12:04 PM, bigbeatzz said:

I looked it up on the Royal planner and did not see that information either. @GStanMus where did you see that?

Thanks!

When I selected the 3 night dining package and added it to my cart, it required that I select Chops for day 1 or day 2 corresponding to my early or late MDR time.  Yes, of course you can change the Chops selection1114411109_ScreenShot2022-04-26at11_05_31PM.thumb.png.50af9a21f55df1c0fdf317094a9049a2.png when on board,  but they are hoping that most people won't do that.