Port of miami to FLL what other options than taxi or uber? 10:20 am flight

firefly333

Are there any options at the port or that I can set up ahead of time. I plan on early walk off. Rcl shuttle at 930 is too late for my flight or I'd just do that. I'm solo so one shuttle fare. 

Uber hard to set up a time to me. Taxi more $$$. Anyone else at the port I can jump on to get to ft Lauderdale in time for my flight?

I hoped maybe there is something set up at the port perhaps? A earlier type of shuttle? Been a long time since I've been out of POM. 

9 minutes ago, FOPMan said:

If you’re flying on a weekday or anytime between November 1 and May 1 you may want another plan. I think you are calling it too closely

I agree. But if you are going to do it, I wouldn't bother with Uber. Just carry off your bags and grab the first cab you see.

• Like 1

Are you looking for a reliable alternative, or a cheap alternative? I ask because you mention that a taxi is "$$$" compared to Uber. Arrival into POM with a 10:20 FLL departure is risky at best. An early morning delay on I-95 will obliterate the chance of making that flight.

Anywho, a reliable source would be a private car service, such as Larry's Limos. We've used them multiple times and they're recommended often on the Cruise Critic Board. Clean, comfortable, prompt and professional, but not inexpensive.

Other than taxi, SAS shuttle might be an option - cheap but at what expense if you miss your flight? Returning Customers (ridesas.com)

Hope it all works out for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I walked off the Explorer in Miami Sat about 740 am.  Used SAS Transportation Shuttle van.  Picked me up along with others and I was at FLL by 830.  My flight was 1045 but we had a long wait. Plenty early for your flight.  They key is you need to walk off early.  Sat the ship was ready at 7am but customs delayed it to 730.  In Nov on the Symphony we were off before 715.  You book SAS on line but pay the driver.  

You do not, and probably should not, set an Uber pick up time in advance.  Instead you can request and Uber or Lyft after you clear customs/immigration - I've never waited more than about 5 minutes for the car to arrive.

2 minutes ago, BeachLover718 said:

There is a train that goes between both airports- its fast and inexpensive. If you take a taxi/Uber to MIA then you can get the train. Drawing a blank on the name currently. 

Brightline is the name - but if the train departures (and required shuttles to get from port to train and train to airport) do not line up you are out of luck.

Brightline does NOT run between FLL and MIA, exactly. The FLL Brightline station is just about 4.25 miles from the airport. A shuttle is also required at Miami station.

Tri-Rail, another train service, does have a station at Miami airport. There is a shuttle required at the station serving Fort Lauderdale airport.

Customs / immigration at Miami, in my experience, can be a crap shoot as far as when they start processing people.  I've walked off and been in the parking garage by 7.10 am, and I've waited for an hour. They've started as late as 7.30am, or earlier than 7am.

The situation is classic feast or famine. Five to seven ships arrive in a 90 minute period, agents may need to be deployed to other terminals (others may be sick, no shows, etc) or they may just be cranky.