Princess refused to extend our FCCs by 28 days

GottaLuvCruising

4 hours ago, RD64 said:

Twenty eight days is a month. Why do you feel they should make an exception for you? The line has to be drawn somewhere. A day or two sure - even a week at the outside. But four weeks later??? That smacks of entitlement.

I understand that request as being reasonable. Princess IS. Extending FCC in some cases. Look at all the months there were no ships sailing, and the surges with the virus.  
they do have to set a limit, I agree, however if you read my post above you can see the Book with confidence policy has allowed for cancellation & extension.

OP should also call Princess first thing in the morning and ask again.

• Like 2

Next March is a long way off. Why don't you book another cruise before then and purchase a couple more FCC for the anniversary cruise? Is it really worth being upset for the small amount of extra credit the FCC gets you?

You're lucky it's extended into 2023....Disney FCC expires Sept 30 2022 and they are NOT budging on this date. We wanted to cruise again in December but alas we will have a very healthy OBC on our July cruise to use up the remaining FCC and will go to Hawaii in December instead 😉

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dog said:

By using Book with Confidence policy, and cancelling my cruise within 30 days of sailing, Princess extended most of my FCC to September 2023. I did not have to ask.

had to wait abit to get all FCC back to reuse them.

same here.

38 minutes ago, bcwife76 said:

You're lucky it's extended into 2023....Disney FCC expires Sept 30 2022 and they are NOT budging on this date. We wanted to cruise again in December but alas we will have a very healthy OBC on our July cruise to use up the remaining FCC and will go to Hawaii in December instead 😉

It would seem to me that even though the cruise is booked in the future why couldn't it be paid for before the expiration date?
We have many FCC that we got from being stuck on the Coral Princess and we tried to apply them to three different cruises that Princess cancelled. So they went back into our account.  Then we booked another cruise using the FCC. We cancelled with Cruise with Confidence so back again to our account.  6000 of them expire 12/31/22.  The others were extended to 2/28/23.
Who knew they would be so hard to use?

Edited by suzyed
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

And if they do it for you, why not do it for the next "minor request"?

Many people have FCCs that must be used by the end of 2022. Princess refuses to extend them.

I can fully understand that if a person does not have a cruise booked. Princess cannot be blamed for not having open ended expiration dates.

But if someone is booking a cruise for 2023, I think Princess should allow the FCCs that would otherwise expire be applied.

It must be remembered that 2022 is still a year with a pandemic as were 2020 and 2021 when many of these FCCs were issued due to cancellations by Princess.  Many places that Princess normally cruises to are still closed to having cruise ships. People with the FCCs may not be able to use them for itineraries they want in 2022 (because the itineraries do not exist), but prefer itineraries available in 2023.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DougH said:

Next March is a long way off. Why don't you book another cruise before then and purchase a couple more FCC for the anniversary cruise? Is it really worth being upset for the small amount of extra credit the FCC gets you?

Not the OP, but I can answer from our viewpoint.

We also have FCCs (not a small amount, over $4000 worth) that must be used by the end of this year.

With the pandemic still ongoing, we have no desire to get on an airplane at this time. We also have no desire to travel to other continents that are still seeing high numbers of new Covid cases.

We do have a Princess TA booked for next spring when we hope Covid will be enough under control we can travel safely. But, of course, our (not-so-small) FCCs cannot be applied to that cruise.

So, yes, we have booked a cruise for this year to use those FCCs, but with an itinerary we never would have normally considered. It goes to 5 ports we have visited multiple times with Princess and have no real desire to ever visit again. But it does use up those FCCs from three cruises cancelled because of the pandemic. And the itineraries that those three cancelled cruises had are not offered at all this year, including Papeete to Sydney and Sydney to Tokyo).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bcwife76 said:

My FCC are with Princess and I don’t believe we can use them on board the ship as OBC.

pre cruise: 

transfers yes, PVP insurance yes, flexible EZ Air, cruise fare etc

6 hours ago, DougH said:

Just to clarify, I'm not upset.  I'm disappointed in Princess.   Whether they honor or deny our request, they gain / lose NOTHING.  

This is about funds from a canceled covid cruise, NOT about Future Cruise Deposits.  We DO have FCCs applied to this sailing.  

We have a cruise tour booked for summer and an RV trip this fall.  Another cruise just doesn't fit our schedule (we've done three this year - our cruising time is usually Jan-Mar - while we are at our Florida home.)  

January is fine.  But we'd just prefer this cruise be over our anniversary.  

6 hours ago, suzyed said:

It would seem to me that even though the cruise is booked in the future why couldn't it be paid for before the expiration date?
We have many FCC that we got from being stuck on the Coral Princess and we tried to apply them to three different cruises that Princess cancelled. So they went back into our account.  Then we booked another cruise using the FCC. We cancelled with Cruise with Confidence so back again to our account.  6000 of them expire 12/31/22.  The others were extended to 2/28/23.
Who knew they would be so hard to use?

Right?  I forgot we had booked a cruise for March 2021 (using March 2020 FCCs), but it, too, was canceled for covid.  That's why our FCCs original expiration was Dec 2022, but this remaining $766 was Feb 2023.  

22 hours ago, GottaLuvCruising said:

Our 50th anniversary is March 3rd.  After much consideration, we decided to do a Panama Canal sailing.  I booked 3/2/23 Caribbean Princess so we'd cruise over our actual anniversary and celebrate on a sea day.  

Our remaining FFCs expire 2/2/23.  I called to ask to have the balance applied to the 3/2/23 sailing, but they declined, refusing to extend the expiration by all of 28 days.  I reluctantly canceled our preferred sail date and booked the same ship / itinerary / fare for 1/7/23.  

It's really OK, but each time I think about it, I'm increasingly frustrated at Princess' decision.  It seems so petty to deny this minor request.  We'll still enjoy the cruise, but their decision reflects poorly on Princess IMHO.  

Unfortunately there are cut off lines just like final payments. Can you blame a company for trying to get back to profitability after 2 years of a shut down.  Imagine if they did this special request for you (which is now public on a forum) and tried to deny the same request to 50,000 other passengers after setting this precedent. 

These boards hurt passengers sometimes because people blab about all kinds of things that open up a company to more "special requests" because they did this or that for one person so why not this other person. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Unfortunately there are cut off lines just like final payments. Can you blame a company for trying to get back to profitability after 2 years of a shut down.  Imagine if they did this special request for you (which is now public on a forum) and tried to deny the same request to 50,000 other passengers after setting this precedent. 

Consider that there are people (future passengers) who are reading how unresponsive Princess is given the massive problems COVID created for everyone.  Imagine that some of those future passengers decide to cruise with a more responsive line like (Pick a name for illustrative purposes).  How does that help Princess return to profitability when they are shipping their passengers to another line? 

I appreciate your point, but short run decision can have long run consequences.  Im Elite and have sailed almost exclusively with Princess, but frankly, given the many changes in the last few years I am absolutely considering taking my travel money to another line.  My last cruise was 3 months ago, and it was NOT with Princess!  I m not sure if my next one will be either. 

Edited by sirclean
changing name so as not to distract from the point

1 hour ago, sirclean said:

Consider that there are people (future passengers) who are reading how unresponsive Princess is given the massive problems COVID created for everyone.  Imagine that some of those future passengers decide to cruise with a more responsive line like (Pick a name for illustrative purposes).  How does that help Princess return to profitability when they are shipping their passengers to another line? 

I appreciate your point, but short run decision can have long run consequences.  Im Elite and have sailed almost exclusively with Princess, but frankly, given the many changes in the last few years I am absolutely considering taking my travel money to another line.  My last cruise was 3 months ago, and it was NOT with Princess!  I m not sure if my next one will be either. 

Particularly when these other lines some of us are trying are not having the problems that Princess seems to be having. 

On 4/27/2022 at 3:12 AM, caribill said:

Many people have FCCs that must be used by the end of 2022. Princess refuses to extend them.

I can fully understand that if a person does not have a cruise booked. Princess cannot be blamed for not having open ended expiration dates.

But if someone is booking a cruise for 2023, I think Princess should allow the FCCs that would otherwise expire be applied.

It must be remembered that 2022 is still a year with a pandemic as were 2020 and 2021 when many of these FCCs were issued due to cancellations by Princess.  Many places that Princess normally cruises to are still closed to having cruise ships. People with the FCCs may not be able to use them for itineraries they want in 2022 (because the itineraries do not exist), but prefer itineraries available in 2023.

We had 3 cruises cancelled by Princess last year that we were going to use those FCC on,  so they went back on our account.  It wasn't our fault they weren't used
We're doing our best to get them used up this year...and as long as cruises don't get cancelled again we should be able to do so. 🤞 

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 1