Celebrity Credit Card

cheeseheads4ever

Sorry to have to start a new topic on this but has anyone ever got a Celebrity credit card where they are offering 10,000 points = $100?

My question is how do you cash it in? At guest services? Do you have to spend so much to qualify? Any other details.

Thanks in advance!

Is this a Bank of America card?  If so, log into your account and hit the button that says rewards.  It will take you to the page that shows your balance and the value of the account.  I believe 15k points is the minimum to deduct $150 from your cruise balance or as little at 5k points to earn $50 OBC.  You need to do that through the website.

From what I read from previous posts is that you should print out your confirmation for the points transfer to the OBC b/c:

1. you may not see it right away

2. it may not transfer and you need to show proof at guest relations

forgot to mention that I use a TA.  Once I do the transfer, I let her know what I've done and how much credit she will see (I always take $$$ off my balance rather than OBC).  She will follow up and let me know when Celebrity acknowledges receipt of the funds received.  Peanut Head is correct; I always make copies of the confirmation "just in case"!

4 hours ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Sorry to have to start a new topic on this but has anyone ever got a Celebrity credit card where they are offering 10,000 points = $100?

My question is how do you cash it in? At guest services? Do you have to spend so much to qualify? Any other details.

Thanks in advance!

There might have to be a spending requirement to qualify, you’ll have to read the fine print very carefully. But basically when you get your first statement you will see how many points you have earned. At that point you can make a choice to redeem them for onboard credit or for a reduction in the price of the cruise. I always choose the reduction in the price of the cruise and cash in the points immediately after I make final payment, which means that on my next statement I will see the credit.

My thinking on that is this: assuming you are going to cruise again, don’t cash in your points for onboard credit; instead spend on board and settle your bill either the card so that you will get new points moving toward your next cruise.

Guest relations cannot do anything about this. You should not wait until you are on board, so take care of it before you cruise.

call Captains Club and follow the prompts to redeem your points.  Or redeem on the website.

I have had the Bank Of America Celebrity Card for years and have been very pleased with it. I have cashed in 10,000 point for the $100 credit 3 times the last 5 years, and there is a link on the BofA page to do so, and have yet (knock on wood) had any problem with it. 

I usually see the addition in my OBC within 2 weeks of doing so. I am closing in on the necessary points again and cruising in 9 weeks, so just waiting for my pending points to move over, and then I will convert them again.

Keep the Sun out and the Seas calm,

Andy

• Like 1

Maybe I'm missing something, but is there any other benefit to their card?  I have 2% cash back on every purchase anywhere for anything with a PayPal Mastercard.  3% if I pay for something online and checkout thru PayPal (that's just begun this month). Used it to pay for shore excursions in Europe (no transaction fee).  The Celebrity card is 2% on Celebrity/ROYAL purchases and then only 1% on anything else, at least that's the way I think I just read it.  Yes/no?  If it's a yes, I'd opt for a universal 2% card somewhere else (Citibank has one also).

10 hours ago, Majkman said:

3 times the last 5 years, and there is a link on the BofA page to do so, and have yet (knock on wood) had any problem with it. 

Have you done this recently (last year or so).  The interface between redemption and Celebrity is down---a call is necessary.

17 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but is there any other benefit to their card?  I have 2% cash back on every purchase anywhere for anything with a PayPal Mastercard.  3% if I pay for something online and checkout thru PayPal (that's just begun this month). Used it to pay for shore excursions in Europe (no transaction fee).  The Celebrity card is 2% on Celebrity/ROYAL purchases and then only 1% on anything else, at least that's the way I think I just read it.  Yes/no?  If it's a yes, I'd opt for a universal 2% card somewhere else (Citibank has one also).

That requires math, what fun is that?  Some of the best EASY redemption values out there are transferring your Chase ultimate rewards points to Hyatt hotels.

10 hours ago, jwlane said:

Have you done this recently (last year or so).  The interface between redemption and Celebrity is down---a call is necessary.

I haven't....and that is good to know. I am cruising in 9 weeks, and waiting for the remaining points to clear and then I was going to (you used to be able to do it right on line) move the points and pick up an additional $100 OBC. I am watching, it should be anyday, so maybe there is a new process. Thank you for the info!!

Andy

I went through the redemption process on Friday and don’t see the OBC yet. I thought I’d give it 2 weeks before I take action. 

I personally kept getting dead links when I tried redeeming my points. I ended up resorting to Google and found this link extremely helpful: https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/2267-Celebrity-Web-Rewards-Chart-and-Rules-FEE-5.18.21-REV.pdf

Within that information I found the redemption link that I needed;

https://www.managerewardsonline.bankofamerica.com/REWARDSapp/brp-mycruise/sign-in?1

Edited by thebutlerdidit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Majkman said:

(you used to be able to do it right on line)

You still can---it just won't ever be credited to your cruise until you call.  800-760-0654 option 3.

4 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

don’t see the OBC yet.

You won't see it until you call.

• Like 1

Also, just a couple of comments on the card in general:

- I do like that any purchases from Celebrity Cruises or Royal Caribbean earn 2x points. I’ll use this card for all cruise purchases, upgrades, excursions etc.

- I didn’t realize that there’s a buy one get one half off for specialty restaurants when you book pre-cruise, but that’s a nice perk. 

- When redeeming points for OBC or merchandise, only Royal Caribbean offers any merchandise.  I wouldn’t mind being able to redeem for Celebrity branded robes, especially the swanky Retreat robes. 

• Like 1