Anthem 11 night Transatlantic leaving next week - UNBELIEVABLE!!!

RCCL must be looking to fill the balcony cabins on the Anthem 11 night TA leaving next week. I just priced it out and look at how low the cost is. (price is for 2 senior citizens, PA residents, C&A members)

image.png.3224d9e2779879140647c8532f075505.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Peak city said:

RCCL must be looking to fill the balcony cabins on the Anthem 11 night TA leaving next week. I just priced it out and look at how low the cost is. (price is for 2 senior citizens, PA residents, C&A members)

image.png.3224d9e2779879140647c8532f075505.png

Price for that stateroom now shows as $893 and change.  That's with the D+ discount.

6 hours ago, Tlbecker1 said:

I am booked on this cruise!  I repriced it 5 times and then upgraded to a JS for the extra points!  So excited.😀

I hope it wasn't a "Royal Up" bidding as you would get the same number of points as your original booking cabin.  Hopefully this wasn't the case for you.  Enjoy 😎

1 minute ago, TexasRon said:

Were these normally something with more demand pre-Covid?

Other than the yearly Weastbound TA via Iceland, TA's are usually low demand and the per day cost are some of the cheapest cruises you can find (within their own ship class). COVID just further depressed that demand.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For some reason transatlantics often have these last minute cheap fares while transpacifics remain in demand and typically don't.

These are great for climbing the CAS ladder and if you love sea days it doesn't get any better.  Some of the older ships can be even cheaper.  

But then there is the airfare to fly home.  Ugh.  

• Like 2

We booked that cruise last week and received those crazy low prices. Fortunately, we also found reasonable airfare and hotel rates in London. You need to look at many aspects of booking last minute though. For example almost every excursion is fully booked and even the private tours are also. So, if you don't really care about other last minute booking issues, that $1,000 balcony can be a great deal. Personally, I love to plan far out and this experience has been quite a frustration. Trying to collect all the important info and then COVID testing both ways is a complication.

BTW- the cheapest fare now for our class of cabin (balcony) is $600 higher. That's the Crown and Anchor Rate.

Edited by Markanddonna
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

I also priced this cruise but the flights from Southampton are always crazy expensive.

We are doing 2 additional cruises out of Ravenna and then coming home.  We never fly home from Southampton, we always make our way to Heathrow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Surfguyxxx said:

I hope it wasn't a "Royal Up" bidding as you would get the same number of points as your original booking cabin.  Hopefully this wasn't the case for you.  Enjoy 😎

No, it wasn’t Royal Up bidding.  We are Diamond + and we often upgrade the rooms if the price decreases for the extra points.  Thank you though, it does pay to learn things along the way.

Edited by Tlbecker1
  • Like 1

Just now, shipgeeks said:

We have always booked our one-way return air through the cruiseline link.  What would have cost us $4,400 each for the flight was just under $700 each.

That is what we usually do also, but this cruise didn’t have any available back to OR for us.  We had to book it on our own.