Upgrade Fairy is alive and well

foodcruiser

8 minutes ago, foodcruiser said:

We just got a visit from the upgrade fairy.  On our June 10 Magic cruise we went from a Ocean View aft to on deck 2 to mid-ship Balcony on the deck 9 for only $180. We took it!  Ready to cruise.

Upsell fairy has never been missing.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wareaglefan444 said:

indeed it is, I had an inside room deck 7 midship on the Valor May 16, i was offered a spa balcony for $160, i took it as well

jealous!  I have one on the Valor tomorrow, and one May 26 and the upsell fairy hasn't come calling.  

Good to know. I convinced some family (one first timer) to roll on the next cruise but there was only one cabin left in our area that fit the bill/price and it isn't the best, hoping to get an option near cruise time as well. Still working on convincing a few others so it may get even more interesting lol. 

Edited by cruisingguy007

That's great!  I got an upsell offer through my Cruise Manager (no call involved) to upgrade from an inside to a balcony for $200.  I took it happily since I will be traveling with my two grown daughters and we need all the room we can get😄

I kept reading about this here, and watching my bookings (I think if you have more than one, you have to go into the planner for each one).  In exactly 20 Carnival cruises, we've never received an upsell, upgrade, offer, nothing (I personally think it's because we usually have 3 ppl in our cabin and that's harder to accommodate).  But anyway...

Finally! today I saw it, "Exclusive upgrade offer available on this booking".  We have an extended aft balcony booked, so I was so curious to see what it would be... Clicked on the offer...This offer is no longer available".  Talk about huge disappointment! 😄 Oh well....maybe next time.  

Congrats on your offers/deals, it looks they are sending them out frequently now.

• Like 1

My husband is booked in a balcony cabin on the Panorama with my two sons for a cruise in July. He had an upgrade offer in his Cruise Planner to move to a Junior Suite for $516. Not interested as the cabin itself was completely forward and one of our sons is prone to motion sickness so we prefer to have a cabin mid-ship.

However, I do prefer that it's a direct offer, where you know the price to upgrade and know exactly which stateroom you would be moving to. This is a much better process than the blind bidding with Royal and NCL in my opinion.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, csm5986142 said:

I kept reading about this here, and watching my bookings (I think if you have more than one, you have to go into the planner for each one).  In exactly 20 Carnival cruises, we've never received an upsell, upgrade, offer, nothing (I personally think it's because we usually have 3 ppl in our cabin and that's harder to accommodate).  But anyway...

Finally! today I saw it, "Exclusive upgrade offer available on this booking".  We have an extended aft balcony booked, so I was so curious to see what it would be... Clicked on the offer...This offer is no longer available".  Talk about huge disappointment! 😄 Oh well....maybe next time.  

Congrats on your offers/deals, it looks they are sending them out frequently now.

Someone snagged it, you probably on had one option. Those who book lower categories (inside/ocean view) will have more upgrade options to pick from but you're in an extended aft, that's a pretty high category already, so not much wiggle room left. I'll bet it was suite they offered and someone didn't hesitate. 

• Like 1

I got an upsell offer a few weeks ago for our Alaska cruise.
Went from interior main deck, mid-ship to balcony main deck, mid-ship.
$420.
We had already discussed taking an upsell if it gave us a balcony, and this was perfect!
We had the option to move higher up on the ship in a balcony room for $20 more ($440), but I stayed lower, as I get motion sickness.

17 hours ago, csm5986142 said:

Offers are only extended to people who are currently booked into staterooms they want to resell at a higher price or have a stateroom (like a connecting) the cruise line needs for a specific family (at a higher price)

Congrats!  It's always a treat to move to a better space for a deal!   We just snagged an upgrade/up sale offer  moving us from Interior midship to balcony midship for our upcoming May cruise - $104 

• Like 1

The upgrade fairy just visited me.  My first time sailing on Carnival, too.  I was so excited!  Until I looked at the offer.  It was for an upgrade from my inside Deck 1 for a balcony which was great.  Unfortunately it was about the same cost difference in the offer as if I had originally booked a balcony, which I can't afford.  😪  Maybe next time.

Keep an eye on the to do list in your planner. You might get another offer as your sail date approaches. Btw, good for you keeping track of pricing and recognizing the offer wasn't a great deal. I think a lot of ppl pull the trigger without giving it a thorough comparison to their original booking.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ellaleah said:

I was unsure of where to look for these offers.  It’s the “to do list?”  About how far ahead of your cruise do you see these offers?  Thanks.

When you log into your Cruise Manager, scroll down past the "Shop by Category" options... it should be on the left-hand side-- "Before You Go: My to-do list." If you don't have an offer (like me) it just lists ONLINE CHECKIN and MY VACCINATION SURVEY. 

11 hours ago, Ellaleah said:

I was unsure of where to look for these offers.  It’s the “to do list?”  About how far ahead of your cruise do you see these offers?  Thanks.

It'll be at the top of your to-do list when you log into your cruise manager! I sail out on Saturday and had an offer to upgrade from my ocean view room to one with a balcony last night for $130 more and I jumped on it!

You should try to check periodically if you can, I have my cruise manager open on a tab on my computer and would check several times throughout the day hoping I'd get an offer and knowing that they can go fast.

On 4/28/2022 at 9:42 AM, Elaine5715 said:

Offers are only extended to people who are currently booked into staterooms they want to resell at a higher price or have a stateroom (like a connecting) the cruise line needs for a specific family (at a higher price)

I have a 4k interior booked for my next Carnival cruise. My rate was very low. I wouldn't be surprised if an offer were made as my date approaches.

Just a heads up on the Upsell offers, In January I had an inside booked and an upsell offer showed up in my to list to move to a balcony. I tried to click on the offer but Carnivals website was glitching. Called Carnival and was on hold for an hour. When I talked with a rep they saw the offer and the cabin had been taken by someone else. The rep found my a same cat same area balcony for the the same price as the offer I missed.

Bottom line if you do miss an offer give them a call they might be able to find you something.

• Like 3