Mah jong celebrity Apex

shoylman

1 minute ago, shoylman said:

Does anyone know if there is mah jong tiles available on the Apex. Thanks Steve

On our TA Roll call - someone mentioned they called the host to ask.  They were told yes, but they could not guarantee the sets were 100% complete.  

Having several sets available would be great but where to play mahjongg or any other game since Celebrity seems to be eliminating card rooms on S- and M- class ships and not including them on the E- class?

If driving to port, bring them along. If flying, mahjongg tiles add 6 lbs. to checked luggage! 

And need racks/pushers too.

On our recent Apex cruise a few people played some type tile game (not mah jong) most days in the Aqua Spa cafe but that is the only place I can think of to play any type of game.   To be honest, the constant noice from the tiles drove me and others crazy while trying to relax in the solarium!    But since eliminating the card rooms other than the Oceanview cafe there is really no place to play a card game, etc.   

6 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

Having several sets available would be great but where to play mahjongg or any other game since Celebrity seems to be eliminating card rooms on S- and M- class ships and not including them on the E- class?

If driving to port, bring them along. If flying, mahjongg tiles add 6 lbs. to checked luggage! 

And need racks/pushers too.

They had a card room still on Equinox on our last cruise in December. I've also seen them on Silhouette and Reflection lately. IDK why you mentioned that X is eliminating them on S-class.

8 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

They had a card room still on Equinox on our last cruise in December. I've also seen them on Silhouette and Reflection lately. IDK why you mentioned that X is eliminating them on S-class.

Because, for example, on the Eclipse the card area on Deck 9 has been or will be converted to inside cabins. The plan is the same for all S-class ships AFIK. Here is the link to the Eclipse after May 2023:

Celebrity Eclipse: Deck Plan & Amenities | Celebrity Cruises

4 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

Because, for example, on the Eclipse the card area on Deck 9 has been or will be converted to inside cabins. The plan is the same for all S-class ships AFIK. Here is the link to the Eclipse after May 2023:

Celebrity Eclipse: Deck Plan & Amenities | Celebrity Cruises

It's interesting that the area that has been the card room is still there but not noted as such on the deck plan in the link.

I think that is the intended plan after the ship is revolutionized.  At this point the revolutionizing is on hold and no indication when it will commence.  The revolution as initially planned is a very expensive undertaking and with another new build in the works it may be awhile before the originally planned changes occur.

• Like 1

Wondered why I'd previously seen deck plans showing the Inside cabins occupying the card room space but not lately. Glad to know the plan is on hold because the card room, small as it is, helps keep tables open for diners in the OV and AquaSpa Cafe areas.