The Daily for Thursday 04/28/2022

richwmn

Today is International Astronomy Day, Great Poetry Reading Day, and Kiss Your Mate Day

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.--Marthe Troly-Curtin, Phrynette Married

Meal Suggestion for today - vegetarian skillet stuffed shells
Drink of the Day - Jim And Ginger
Wine of the Day - Istine 2018 Vigna Cavarchione (Chianti Classico) T
Destination of the Day - Loreto, Mexico

Ships With Passengers

At Sea Atlantic

Rotterdam   Destination Cherbourg, France eta 4/29

At Sea Pacific

Nieuw Amsterdam   Destination Victoria BC, Vanco eta 4/30
Zuiderdam  Destination Juneau, AK eta 4/29

Cadiz, ES

Nieuw Statendam   08:00 - 17:00

Panama Canal

Noordam   05:00 - 16:00

Vancouver, BC Canada

Koningsdam   07:00 - 16:00

Victoria BC, Vancouver Island, BC Canada

Eurodam   12:00 - 23:00

Ukrainian Refugee Housing

Rotterdam Waalhaven

Volendam  

Ships Without Passengers

Catania, IT

Oosterdam  

Los Angeles, CA US

Westerdam  

Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale FL US

Zaandam  

0428World.thumb.png.5d68cbce3ec68a85916a548d102ef041.png
Edited by richwmn
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 13

Good morning and thank you for the Daily Report.

It's our anniversary!  It was 40 years ago today, that Jim and I were set up on a blind date.🙂  We'll celebrate by having take out Chinese food for dinner. 

Love the days, I'll kiss my mate.  If it's a clear night, he'll get out his telescope and look at the sky.  Maybe we'll read some poetry.

Great quote.

The meal sounds good, I'll save the recipe for another day.

The drink and wine sound tasty too.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a great day.    Stay safe.

• Like 34

Thank you for your first Daily of your 4th year, Rich.  So much has changed since 4/28/19.  No mate to kiss but hope @kazu will get to do it on her hospital visit.  May need to just blow a kiss.  I have not been to Loreto.  I'll salute astronomers and poets.  I'll see what @dfish has to say about the meal.  My alternate suggestion is a custom lido omelet (my usual choice is ham and bacon), my final meal on my 2014 Amsterdam World Cruise segment.  I was not taking photos then, this is from MS Prinsendam in 2019:

bkg.JPG.1c531e1945c73a324b186711d890909f.JPG

Today’s care list:

Strength for Jacqui
Strength for smitty34867
JazzyV with likely Rheumatoid arthritis
Lady Hudson SIL in rehab after stroke
Cruzin Terri  post covid fatigue
From the rotation:
Buddy still having trouble despite slow improvement
St, Louis Sal with weakening legs and panic attacks
Cruising along niece awaiting a kidney
Ukraine

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Rich starting 4th year
Zaandam in Everglades
Volendam housing refugees
8 BHB with guests
summer slope with DD and DGS
Dismomx5 in Cairo  meeting new toddler and baby
Aliaschief and DW in Hawaii
A support group for Mamaofami
2 days for oceansaway17 (Symphony OTS 4/30 to 5/7)
3 Days for NextOne River Cruise
Welcome home Lady Hudson
Norseh2o (Regatta to 5/1), Horizon Chaser 1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/4),   Cruzin Terri (Nautica  to 5 /5), jawhawk66 and  sailingdutchy (Nieuw Statendam to  5/8), and leafsnation (Noordam to 5/15)  at sea
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 32
  • Thanks 8

Good morning, everyone.

A cold start to the day here in northeast Ohio with a temp of 26F.  Thankfully, it is going to warm up in the next few hours and hit 50F.  The weekend is shaping up to be nice.   It is too overcast to engage in astronomy here today or tonight so the telescope will remain packed up.  I have an appointment with the surgeon this afternoon to learn if they are going to remove this adrenal mass.  I'm  hoping he says yes.   A few days discomfort to get rid of this thing is worth it.  

Today's meal looks really good.  I'd love it except for the carbs.   And, it looks rather easy.  It can be cooked entirely on the stove top or if the skillet is ovenproof, placed in the oven to complete the cooking process.   https://fortheloveofcooking.net/2019/04/vegetarian-skillet-stuffed-shells.html

97599980_vegetarianskilletstuffedshells1.thumb.jpg.4138650e425f84b8aebe608036a9d34f.jpg

The vegetarians in the group will be salivating over these options.   And, if you are a carnivore like me, it is easy to add some ground beef to the mixture.    https://www.eatyourselfskinny.com/skillet-veggie-stuffed-shells/

1711334067_vegetarianskilletstuffedshells2.thumb.jpg.c28be0ed8044607fbf350a2dc68a0166.jpg

For the vegans among us, this one fits the bill.  Instead of cheese it uses a mixture of eggplant and tofu.   https://minimalistbaker.com/vegan-stuffed-shells-with-roasted-eggplant/

1370563033_vegetarianskilletstuffedshells3.thumb.jpg.36eda6fad31b0a6d8e314294d69b0da5.jpg

And one last recipe that does get put in a casserole dish and baked in the oven.  But, it comes together quickly and has a different vegetable mix in it.  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/stuffed-vegetarian-shells/

1659471611_vegetarianskilletstuffedshells4.thumb.jpg.308c5f8b759744df3a721e4e6f95c138.jpg

Prayers for all who need them, especially Ukraine and our Daily Family members.  Cheers to those who are celebrating.   Wishing everyone a fantastic day!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 9

Good afternoon.

It is 40°F and cloudy here in North East England.

Thank you for today's daily and fleet reports Rich.

Thank you Roy for today's lists.

We are always kissing and cuddling.

My late dad wrote a lot of poetry and Pauline likes reading poetry.

Astronomy is a very important subject.

I will give today's drink a miss.

I wasn't sure about the food but Debbie @dfish makes the food look delicious.

Never been to today's port so looking forward to seeing photos.

Prayers 🙏 always for everyone in need.

I hope everyone has a super and safe day.

Graham.

• Like 31

26 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

Good morning and thank you for the Daily Report.

It's our anniversary!  It was 40 years ago today, that Jim and I were set up on a blind date.🙂  We'll celebrate by having take out Chinese food for dinner. 

Love the days, I'll kiss my mate.  If it's a clear night, he'll get out his telescope and look at the sky.  Maybe we'll read some poetry.

Great quote.

The meal sounds good, I'll save the recipe for another day.

The drink and wine sound tasty too.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a great day.    Stay safe.

Happy 40th meeting Jim anniversary Melanie.

Graham.

DB174BA3-2D28-41F5-9B38-E4E3F9D49775.jpeg.42385f3f6721d029da91e23fb36b3d76.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich!  Our early morning marine layer is starting to burn off, and it looks like a beautiful day.  Though the breeze is back this morning. 

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy! Morning Dailyites! Off to the gym for my last regular classes. Next week I start visiting others to see if one might be a good fit. Saying goodbye after almost 7 years is tough. 

Thursday smiles…

FA5CE909-1E75-4696-AB1D-3B25F31CBE85.jpeg.2b7206dbc9c093dfc61f4a46f4320adb.jpeg

B66948F4-C1C6-4B2A-BFB5-E170517FF9C3.jpeg.4d64b52a59c41eaeb1ee319a0bd74b96.jpeg

0CF16462-7AF1-4172-B19D-2AC92874AF54.jpeg.3999421ddc56b334ffb31c80b314cca7.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone. 

Istine 2018 Vigna Cavarchione

Ratings from excellent to superb make this a Chianti to pay attention to. Several online distributors with prices starting at $40.00. 

Distributor notes

96 Points! The 2018 Chianti Classico Vigna Cavarchione opens beautifully in the glass, showing myriad layers of dimension and volume. Black cherry, plum, spice, menthol, licorice, spice and a whole range of balsamic inflections saturate the palate. Time in the glass brings out the wine's natural richness and body. The 2018 is a stunning wine. That's all there is to it. 

• Like 31
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 6

Good morning to all and thanks to Rich for the Daily.I will happily kiss my spouse and salute Astronomers and liked the quote. We have not been to the port.

@dfish, Debbie, I hope the surgeon can help  and that things can improve. All of the recipes look fabulous and Tana voted for the second one. Thanks!

We had a big family visit here yesterday and extended the table to fit ten.The two dogs were in heaven with the DGC’s attention and went for several walks. Today we will go to the Bronx Zoo and enjoy the animals as we have annually since the twins were babies.

@JazzyV, Vanessa, I wanted to stress that the benefits of the injectable RA medications for me at least,far outweighed the disadvantages. I was able to continue working in a very physical occupation until I was 62. The pain relief was almost immediate.

Terry

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone.

A cold start to the day here in northeast Ohio with a temp of 26F.  Thankfully, it is going to warm up in the next few hours and hit 50F.  The weekend is shaping up to be nice.   It is too overcast to engage in astronomy here today or tonight so the telescope will remain packed up.  I have an appointment with the surgeon this afternoon to learn if they are going to remove this adrenal mass.  I'm  hoping he says yes.   A few days discomfort to get rid of this thing is worth it.  

Today's meal looks really good.  I'd love it except for the carbs.   And, it looks rather easy.  It can be cooked entirely on the stove top or if the skillet is ovenproof, placed in the oven to complete the cooking process.   https://fortheloveofcooking.net/2019/04/vegetarian-skillet-stuffed-shells.html

97599980_vegetarianskilletstuffedshells1.thumb.jpg.4138650e425f84b8aebe608036a9d34f.jpg

The vegetarians in the group will be salivating over these options.   And, if you are a carnivore like me, it is easy to add some ground beef to the mixture.    https://www.eatyourselfskinny.com/skillet-veggie-stuffed-shells/

1711334067_vegetarianskilletstuffedshells2.thumb.jpg.c28be0ed8044607fbf350a2dc68a0166.jpg

For the vegans among us, this one fits the bill.  Instead of cheese it uses a mixture of eggplant and tofu.   https://minimalistbaker.com/vegan-stuffed-shells-with-roasted-eggplant/

1370563033_vegetarianskilletstuffedshells3.thumb.jpg.36eda6fad31b0a6d8e314294d69b0da5.jpg

And one last recipe that does get put in a casserole dish and baked in the oven.  But, it comes together quickly and has a different vegetable mix in it.  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/stuffed-vegetarian-shells/

1659471611_vegetarianskilletstuffedshells4.thumb.jpg.308c5f8b759744df3a721e4e6f95c138.jpg

Prayers for all who need them, especially Ukraine and our Daily Family members.  Cheers to those who are celebrating.   Wishing everyone a fantastic day!

Sending our best wishes for a positive visit for you with the surgeon this afternoon Debbie.

Graham

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!

If you are into astronomy, I recommend using a stargazing app to identify the night sky.  I use Sky View.  Just point your phone at the night sky and it will assist you in identifying stars and planets.

I read an interesting article that some of you might enjoy about reting at sea.  Here is the link:  https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/06/travel/cruise-ship-living.html

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning from a warm but overcast day at the beach

Nice collection of days. I will happily kiss my DH.  We are big fans of astronomy here. We have 2 different types of telescopes. It is a lot of fun to look out over the ocean at the night sky. The meal suggestion looks delicious!

@dfish Debbie, I hope the surgeon can help .

@JazzyV Vanessa,  So sorry to hear of the diagnosis but now at least you know what you are dealing with. Hope you find some relief with the meds. Another great source of information is your pharmacist.  I had some questions about osteoporosis meds and he was a great help to me. I made an appointment and we sat and talked.  Doesnt  prescribe, just tells you the difference in the drugs. Very helpful.

Playing golf this afternoon. Hopefully we will be done before the winds come in again!

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 28

Good morning friends!  A lovely morning here, 47F when we walked to the gym but will be a nice warm 80F later on.  When walking we noted the position of the planets visible in the sky in relation to the moon.  Maybe we should download Sky View like @0106mentioned.  So, cheers to astronomy!  I will kiss my mate, and perhaps find some poetry to read him.🥰  Happy 3rd anniversary to Rich @richwmnon his stint posting the Daily, and thank you so much for doing so.  Also happy anniversary to Melanie @puppycanducruiseand DH on the date they met.  Nice that you celebrate that.  We like to reminisce the date we met when our son's birthday comes around.  My friend brought his college roommate over to meet me one November Sunday and 7 years later our baby boy was born.  A very special day indeed!  Good luck to you Debbie @dfishat the meeting with the surgeon.  I hope it works out exactly as you wish it to.

Thank you Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration lists.  Prayers for all on the list, Ryan, Jen, and Buddy, and the Ukraine people and supporters.  I hope our prayers are being heard and work for everyone.  The Cheer list is lengthening and I love that!  There's a lot of cruising, visiting with family, and other vacations happening so congrats to all.

The stuffed shell dish sounded interesting and there looks to be quite a variety of ways to prepare it.  Thank you Debbie!  Loreto, Mexico was recently mentioned by I think John @Copper10-8 on his recent cruise.  It sounded very nice.  That port was last mentioned here July 31, 2021 for anyone who needs to check back there.  We have not been to Loreto and appreciate any and all photos you have of it.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Since I have no Loreto photos to post, I think this would be a good day to present DD's newest Celebration tree which is in the foyer of her home year round.  She took down the Easter decorations and pulled out her Cinco de Mayo goodies.  She did mention she felt a little sad while decorating because Gracie used to sit and watch her, sniffing the bags and approving of it all.  

Anyway she got the job done and here it is.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL2zj3TucqQmSJoVc3sVSwTUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1650848836

A close up shows red hot chili peppers, llama pinatas, colorful sombreros, and amusing wooden ornaments like the taco, skull face, tequila bottles, maracas and even more sombreros.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ9wskl8s9DJM58wYHnJMSBUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1650833276

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJR7LO8QG3us4FAsQSYIUebaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1650833276

She says for June and July she will have a patriotic red, white and blue decor on her tree.  She says she'll be pretty busy with the new puppy they plan on getting on or about May 21.  It will be the end of the school year so she will be doing some training of the new pup so it will be good she won't have to redecorate the tree for a while.

• Like 31

@dfish I hope that your surgeon gives you positive news and you get your needed surgery.  

Happy Thursday.   I will hug my mate today for sure.    I love to star gaze but I usually enjoy it at our cabin where there is no ambient light.   I am not too fond of poetry.   Very true quote.   Shells would be better with some beef stuffing.   Waiting on the drink but the Chianti would for great with shells.   I have never been to Loreto.   

Prayers for all on Roy's care list, Jacqui and Jose, good days for Tana and for the souls in Mariupol.  🙏

A sunny day here but it is still cold.   It didn't freeze last night so the beautiful saucer Magnolias won't be burnt and a sigh of relief for all the fruit farmers here in SW Michigan.  Have a lovely day and think spring!!   

circus world june 27.jpg

• Like 27