Nassau Recommended Excursions?

I don’t know if you would call it an excursion, but I like to go to the John Watling Distillery, nice tour and great drinks.  From there I like to go to “Fish Fry”, an area where there are several Restaurants and Food Trucks.  The locals like to hang out there,  good food, and good people watching.  After that head back to the ship.

• Like 1

In Oct  we went to margaritaville for the day. We walked there from the ship about 1 mile each way. Passes were 70 pp for the day with 30 off food and beverages.In Feb we booked blue lagoon through the ship. Had to use OBC. We enjoyed both very much.

• Like 1

We did a walking food tour that was really great one trip.  One of our stops was a resort where many people get day passes. 

We also love the fish fry.  We actually have talked about going back just to eat there 🙂  You can take a local bus for really cheap or walk it...kind of far, but not horrible from the cruise dock.  We took the bus back.  We did a land vacation at Atlantis and still went there for a couple of dinners.  Fresh catch of the day is wonderful--look for some recent recommendations.  I can't remember where we went, but both were good.  

We were in Nassau end of March with our son and his Fiance, early 20s.   Highly recommend Clifton Heritage National Park.

Here is link 

https://www.cliftonheritage.net/

We arranged via email to be picked up at british colony hotel, short walk from pier.   Their pkg includes round trip transport.    We toured the plantation, learned history of the island, slavery, pirates, etc then snorkelers for a good hour.   They provide snorkel gear, if needed.   Beautiful underground artwork. Fish and old plane from a james bond movie, beach area to relax on loungers included as well as Caribbean lunch with choice of chicken or fish, was very nice and tasty.

We were there for several hours.  Then dropped off in town near cruise terminal.

Wonderful day!

2nd choice is Blue lagoon

3rd choice walk over to Junkanoo Beach and rent loungers for $10 each and eat at Salty Crab or walk to the Fish Fry.

4th choice stay onboard and enjoy the pool with a lot less people.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

On 4/29/2022 at 6:22 PM, vjmatty said:

This past October we booked a day pass for RIU. Unlimited drinks, huge buffet and barbecue, coffee bar. Beach and infinity pool with swim up bar. Wi-Fi is listed as being extra but when we checked in at the desk it was free. 

Please forgive me if this comes up twice. I'm not seeing why I submitted previously. I was looking at RIU as well. It stated in a QA Or good to know? section I believe,  that the resort would hold your ID until you left the resort. Such as a license or passport. I think it said it would hold 1 of the 2 forms of photo ID. I would be very uncomfortable with this. In your experience did this happen?