New testing changes for Italy

Purplsmurf

Looks like Italy has now gone to a negative test required 2 days before instead of 1! The Celebrity website has been updated. They keep saying a negative antigen test is required. I sure hope they still accept a PCR. Not sure why they wouldn’t, but 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Good news, thanks.

I knew if I changed my flights they would change to two 🤦‍♀️

Wonder if I can change my flights back 🤔 

Either way it's less running around the day before the holiday 

• Like 2

I just contacted Celebrity via Messenger, to make absolutely certain of this prior to changing the date of my test. The response was "Italy is 1 day" - this is so frustrating!!!

I responded saying the new advice, dated yesterday, was that it was now 2 days so could they please confirm - no reply!

Is it 1 or 2???

58 minutes ago, LoveChops said:

I just contacted Celebrity via Messenger, to make absolutely certain of this prior to changing the date of my test. The response was "Italy is 1 day" - this is so frustrating!!!

I responded saying the new advice, dated yesterday, was that it was now 2 days so could they please confirm - no reply!

Is it 1 or 2???

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/italy-travel-requirements

This comes directly from Celebrities website and was updated yesterday. I am leaving on the reflection Monday and just took my COVID test (negative thank god). I took a screen shot in case they say it’s 1 day but I am sure they would not have changed it on their website to 1 day if that isn’t the case 😊  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

Looks like Italy has now gone to a negative test required 2 days before instead of 1! The Celebrity website has been updated. They keep saying a negative antigen test is required. I sure hope they still accept a PCR. Not sure why they wouldn’t, but 🤷🏻‍♀️

Still says 1 day on the X app

5 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I think I would check the Italy government’s website for what i

is required and follow that.  

It says nothing about cruises.

It makes total sense though. Italy is relaxing their mask policy, ending the health pass and some even say the PLF is no longer required, although, aside from a UK website, I haven’t found that information in the US.

I wouldn’t think Celebrity would update their website yesterday if it was false information……app still not updated 

6 hours ago, hartwickds said:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/italy-travel-requirements

This comes directly from Celebrities website and was updated yesterday. I am leaving on the reflection Monday and just took my COVID test (negative thank god). I took a screen shot in case they say it’s 1 day but I am sure they would not have changed it on their website to 1 day if that isn’t the case 😊  

Let us know if OK, have a lovely covid free cruise 🛳 😀 

• Like 1

Maybe I missed this in the many posts across the board: If you arrive in Italy a week before you cruise and tested prior to that arrival, is there another test for boarding?

11 minutes ago, sasset said:

Maybe I missed this in the many posts across the board: If you arrive in Italy a week before you cruise and tested prior to that arrival, is there another test for boarding?

There is no need to test prior to entering Italy. Celebrity require a negative test 2 days before boarding for a cruise.

• Like 1

It's now back to 1 day for Italy (was 2 days changed from 1 day last week):

• Up to Date* Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 1 day prior to sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required.

Just had confirmation from Captains Club that testing is now back to 1 day before sailing for 'Up To Date' passengers. I asked if we were unable to get tested 1 day  before would it be possible to have the test at the port - the answer was NO