Vancouver International Airport urges travelers to arrive early for flights » 2 hours domestic and 3 hours US/International

xlxo

https://www.yvr.ca/en/media/news-releases/2022/passenger-screening

Travellers flying from Vancouver International Airport (YVR) are strongly encouraged to arrive at the airport early for their flight in order to clear security screening. For domestic travel, YVR recommends passengers arrive at least two hours ahead of their scheduled flight, and at least three hours ahead for U.S. and international destinations.

experiencing ongoing staffing shortages, which is contributing to long lines and lengthy delays in processing passengers through security screening at YVR. It is unclear when this situation will improve

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/security-yvr-delays-1.6436560

she arrived 90 minutes before her scheduled flight to Saskatoon earlier this week, only to miss it by minutes because of a long delay at the passenger security screening gate

missed my 9:05 a.m. flight by probably two minutes because of these extraordinarily and unnecessarily long security lineups

the long lineup stretched the entire length of the airport

• Thanks 1

Disembarking passengers that are flying to the US need to be tested. According to Princess, disembarking passengers collect their luggage, go through customs and get tested in or near the terminal and then wait 30-60 minutes or so for their results. It will take a while to get to the airport for sure.

Tests can be taken on board prior to disembarking but wonder how many will take advantage of it.

Edited by Glaciers
  • Like 1

I debarked yesterday.  It very easy as a majority of the debarkations were locals.  As I did not need a flight, I had breakfast in the MDR before casually walking off at 9:15pm.

As the season gets busier, others are likely to have more different experience... especially with the stress of a post-cruise flight afterwards.

I am confused over the testing to return to the US by plane. Is this Canada requiring it to board?  In researching taking the train ( bus right now to Seattle) the Amtrak site said nothing about a covid test only passport etc.  Has anybody heard if RCCL is going to have somebody doing Covid tests at the port?

Edited by volk904

1 hour ago, volk904 said:

I am confused over the testing to return to the US by plane. Is this Canada requiring it to board? 

It is not Canada requiring the testing but the US is requiring it and the airlines are required to enforce.

We received an email from Princess yesterday that they are no longer providing the tests upon disembarkation.

"Voyages ending in Canada: Guests are responsible to arrange their COVID-19 tests and pay directly to the testing facility. Please note, tests are not required for guests disembarking in Vancouver and returning to the US via motorcoach.*"

According to an article I saw today on Yahoo Finance, the US is considering removing the Covid test requirements for flights, so look into this further before adjusting your plans.  Personally I am sailing into and out of Seattle this season just to avoid this type of situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Woody14 said:

It is not Canada requiring the testing but the US is requiring it and the airlines are required to enforce.

6 hours ago, Glaciers said:

We received an email from Princess yesterday that they are no longer providing the tests upon disembarkation.

"Voyages ending in Canada: Guests are responsible to arrange their COVID-19 tests and pay directly to the testing facility. Please note, tests are not required for guests disembarking in Vancouver and returning to the US via motorcoach.*"

Test needed before flying into US from Canada, but no test needed if you enter the US by bus.  This makes no sense whatsoever.  In my opinion, just as ArriveCan makes no sense.  Just more "let's make rules because we can make some rules".  Does help to keep some government bureaucrats employed, I suppose.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Just more "let's make rules because we can make some rules".  Does help to keep some government bureaucrats employed, I suppose.  

It seems that every country has them have you seen the various rules in Spain?

• Like 1