Norwegian Epic

Elsammo46

Anyone here ever been in the NCL Epic? She looks really really unique when compared to the rest of the ships in NCL’s fleet. I’d love to try booking on her one day. For those that have sailed, does it feel super different?

Epic is the most divisive ship in the NCL fleet....possibly the most divisive ship in the cruise industry.

Some love it, some hate it. Rarely are people in the middle. 

The biggest issues tend to be the "bathroom" setup throughout most of the ship, the feeling of being "indoors" compared to other/newer NCL big ships that have The Waterfront, and the less than attractive appearance of the ship itself. 

Some people love the Haven on Epic more than the Haven on any other NCL ship. Some prefer POSH (only Epic has it) over VIBE (ships after Epic) for an adult-only exclusive area. 

The opinions of others won't really help if they like/dislike things differently than you.  

I have sailed on the Epic four times since 2010, in the Caribbean, Mediterranean and transatlantic, in the haven, a balcony and a studio, and I think it is a highly-enjoyable ship.

I've sailed on the Epic twice.  I like it and would sail her again for a good itinerary that I wanted.  We had no issues with the bathroom.  However,  she is not my favorite ship by any means.  The layout and flow feels awkward and different from most cruise ships.  Amenity-wise, she has everything you need for a great cruise.

13 hours ago, Elsammo46 said:

Anyone here ever been in the NCL Epic? She looks really really unique when compared to the rest of the ships in NCL’s fleet. I’d love to try booking on her one day. For those that have sailed, does it feel super different?

We have sailed on the Epic 7 times and love the ship. It was NCL's first "big" ship (4000+ passengers). It has a lot of nice features that we really enjoy. People complain about the bathrooms (basically you use a privacy curtain to create a bathroom). We stay in a lot of boutique hotels all across the country and they are not much different to the Epic from the bathroom perspective (we're not Motel 6 folks). 

On 5/3/2022 at 6:52 AM, Dream1 said:

I will be on the Epic June 12, 2022 and June just can't get here quick enough!

I'm going on that sailing too!  I haven't been on Epic before but the least of my worries is the weird bathroom set up.  Looks like it will be a fun time

Epic was the first NCL ship we sailed on and we enjoyed it. Went back on a longer trip in Haven and we have been hooked ever since. It was just a fabulous trip in all regards, so for every person who doesn't want to sail on her - we'll gladly snatch up the better rooms from them.

On 5/4/2022 at 5:17 PM, Scubaqn said:

I'm going on that sailing too!  I haven't been on Epic before but the least of my worries is the weird bathroom set up.  Looks like it will be a fun time

Yes this ship looks like a lot of fun. This will be my first time on Epic but I've been on Pride of America twice.