Favorite Food On Princess Cruise Line

josephml1

On 5/2/2022 at 2:37 PM, josephml1 said:

Hello everyone. 

What is your favorite food on a Princess Cruise.

If you like you can add some photos.

or some menus. 

Mine are the escargots and the onion soup. 

Please share yours. 

😊

The Black and Blue onion soup in Crown is great!

• Like 2

On 5/2/2022 at 5:40 PM, 1965 said:

I've read that they now occasionally have the fish & chips in the buffet, & that it's good. I sure hope that's true. DH was a little sad that the pub lunch is no more. 

They have had it in the MDR too....we had it in the last year.

• Like 4

On 6/24/2022 at 8:52 PM, jonesmen said:

Is the Pub Lunch gone on all of the ships?  If so, my DS will be very disappointed!

We had it on Crown last summer.  Not sure, if on other ships now.  It's was never our favorite but we enjoyed the ambiance and beer when it was in Wheelhouse.

• Like 1

I'm reading some of these responses and I have some questions.

Someone mentioned the Philly cheese steak in the MDR. Was that on the menu for dinner, or what time of the day, etc.? Was the chocolate croissant in the buffet area for breakfast, or where? Someone mentioned some food at IC, what does that stand for? Where was the vanilla tea found? I love almost anything with the name of "vanilla." 🙂 The fettuccine Alfredo cheese basket was mentioned. What is that all about? Cinnamon and monkey bread sound good too. 🙂

17 minutes ago, beshears said:

I'm reading some of these responses and I have some questions.

Someone mentioned the Philly cheese steak in the MDR. Was that on the menu for dinner, or what time of the day, etc.? Was the chocolate croissant in the buffet area for breakfast, or where? Someone mentioned some food at IC, what does that stand for? Where was the vanilla tea found? I love almost anything with the name of "vanilla." 🙂 The fettuccine Alfredo cheese basket was mentioned. What is that all about? Cinnamon and monkey bread sound good too. 🙂

IC is International Cafe. Are you familiar with that? If not I'll fill you in.

Edited by 1965

4 hours ago, beshears said:

Was the chocolate croissant in the buffet area for breakfast, or where? Someone mentioned some food at IC, what does that stand for? Where was the vanilla tea found? I love almost anything with the name of "vanilla." 🙂 The fettuccine Alfredo cheese basket was mentioned. What is that all about? Cinnamon and monkey bread sound good too. 🙂

The chocolate croissant could be at the buffet or the International Cafe (IC), which I believe is open 24 hours and the cinnamon and monkey bread are at the IC too I believe.

Even on a cruise I can't help being up at 5AM or 5:30, so I go work out, go to the International Cafe afterwards for a latte and pasties and read until a decent hour when I know SWMBO is awake and ready for breakfast.

• Like 1

I'm not usually much of one for desserts  but the Rocher is always a highlight.

I've never eaten a steak in Crown Grill I didn't thoroughly enjoy. Seems like I may be overdue for a bad experience based on a lot of recent negativity around here on the topic but as of now I'm still batting 1.000.

Random surprise last cruise on the Discovery - Shawarma in the buffet, for the first half of the cruise.  It was basically really tasty gyro meat as if straight off a spit. Great texture, great flavor baked in. They kept the Shawarma station open for the whole cruise but changed out the meat to something much less flavorful on the second half, unfortunately.

On the Ruby there was this peanut butter chocolate pastry at the International Cafe' that was out of this world. It was only put out that one morning and I never saw it again. Friends sailed on her a few months later and I told them about it - they never saw it. Did I dream it?

On 8/22/2022 at 7:56 PM, Culinarycruiseguy said:

The twice baked goat cheese soufflé has always been my favorite (I've managed to have it up to 4 times on a cruise, even on nights it is not on the menu).  I also love their breads, French Onion Soup, and a number of their pastries in the International Cafe.

You're making me hungry!