Favorite Food On Princess Cruise Line

josephml1

7 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

I said it before this is it for me A Volcano. 😋

Tony

1338F609-4761-4435-9EDD-9658A30A3863.jpeg

47533263-FBCA-478A-A6FB-34D07CE42441.jpeg

Ice cream, whip cream, Strawberries, sliced almonds, a little chocolate sauce. Trust me, Tony I think you could make afar better Volcano than what I see here.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rbtan said:

. If you do the Ultimate Balcony Dinner or try Chef's Table, There you will see what Princess is capable of doing. Those in the Suites or Club Class should get this every night, God knows they pay enough for it. That being said the best we had on Princess was the Ultimate Balcony Dinner.  The meal was FAR superior to even the "Specialty" rest. Simple reason? At $100 it had to be!

I agree that the UBD is the best dining experience on Princess.  We have enjoyed it on multiple cruises.  However, the best part of the UBD is the attentive service that we receive from two servers.  The meal is very good, but I would not hyperventilate over it.

Always schedule a UBD early in the cruise, because the next best thing about the UBD is that the floral centerpiece on the table will last in the cabin for several more days.  That is quite pleasant.  Also, the plate of petit fours or cookies (varies from ship to ship), which is the last thing presented before the servers wish you a good evening, will last for several days.  😁

• Like 2

On 6/27/2022 at 6:11 AM, leck57 said:

The Lobster in the DR 

The ribsteak in Crown Grill

Creme Brulee

Guinness and beef pie in the IC - only available once or twice per cruise

I found the lobster tail to be awful. It came to the table grey in color, overcooked and way too salty.   Crown grill meals were by far the best!

5 minutes ago, Laurie17 said:

I found the lobster tail to be awful. It came to the table grey in color, overcooked and way too salty.   Crown grill meals were by far the best!

That's the reason we frequently order menu items from the Crown Grill.

1 hour ago, Laurie17 said:

What a shame for you. The Lobster on Emerald in May was excellent.

We also have a dinner in Crown Grill every cruise. Never any complaints there either.

• Like 1

I had a lobster thermador for the first time on the Crown Princess and thought that was the best dish I ever had on the seas. I was excited to order it at Le Bistro on the NCL Encore and was disappointed.

On 8/16/2022 at 5:07 PM, c-boy said:

white, chocolate or other and who's Meluchi ?

That's buttercream you see. There's toasted coconut around the edge. It's a yellow cake with Pistachio cream mixed in the butter cream. Without artificial coloring & flavor the butter cream is very pale in color with no "green". The layer between is a raspberry pastry cream. Meluchi is a close family friend.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ekka49 said:

I always give the lobster tail a miss.

Give me lamb cutlets anytime please.

I'll order the Lobster from Crown Grill, but you're right, the MDR version is pretty poor. The quality from Crown Grill is evident from the price.

58 minutes ago, rbtan said:

That's buttercream you see. There's toasted coconut around the edge. It's a yellow cake with Pistachio cream mixed in the butter cream. Without artificial coloring & flavor the butter cream is very pale in color with no "green". The layer between is a raspberry pastry cream. Meluchi is a close family friend.

damn ! you should be a pastry chef on a cruise ship 

21 hours ago, rsato said:

I had a lobster thermador for the first time on the Crown Princess and thought that was the best dish I ever had on the seas. I was excited to order it at Le Bistro on the NCL Encore and was disappointed.

I've never seen Lobster Thermidor offered. I would definitely give it a try if I saw it on the menu.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, c-boy said:

damn ! you should be a pastry chef on a cruise ship 

They can't afford me! LOL! I was at a baking demo/class on the Eclipse in 2014. The chef rushed everything too much. After it ended, I stayed behind to help with explaining & demoing a lot of what he rushed through. Luckily they didn't need the room right away & was able to give a lot of pointers. It was a beginners course so it was fairly straightforward.

The Princess foods I’m most looking forward to on our upcoming cruise are…

Crown Grill’s New York Steak, Chilean Sea Bass, and lobster

Sabatini’s burrata and calamari

Horizon Court’s Taqueria, shrimp, cooked to order eggs, lemon danishes, waffles, and Grandma’s Chocolate Cake

Dining Room’s Fettucini Alfredo and eggplant parmesan

IC- Vanilla Latte

Bars- 24K Margarita and Virgin Strawberry Daquiris 

Swirls ice cream

• Like 3

On 6/24/2022 at 11:59 PM, rj59 said:

I also have to include the noodle bar selections on the Majestic, which I had every day, along with an Alfredo's pizza, which I think are my favorite cruise alternatives to buffet slop. 

like Asian type noodles or Italian pastas?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Culinarycruiseguy said:

The twice baked goat cheese soufflé has always been my favorite (I've managed to have it up to 4 times on a cruise, even on nights it is not on the menu).  I also love their breads, French Onion Soup, and a number of their pastries in the International Cafe.

YES!!  Love the twice baked goat cheese soufflé!

• Like 2

They weren't on the menu on the last cruise I went on, but the spring rolls with peanut sauce were usually on the embarkation day dinner menu, and one of my favorite items.  The Goat Cheese Souffle is another winner, and it's a simple one but I've always liked the Double Beef Consommé  with bits of puff pastry floating in it.

• Like 1