Favorite Food On Princess Cruise Line

josephml1

On 8/21/2022 at 6:27 PM, deltaqueenie said:

Norman Love Chocolate Journeys! I wish they were available every night, only offered on formal nights on our last cruise.

Is Norman Love still associated with Princess? Like Curtis Stone, Norman Love's name is no longer referenced on the Princess website. Chocolate Journeys is mentioned but not Love.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2022 at 6:52 AM, h-sar said:

My all time favorite Princess dessert, a Norman Love creation. Sadly, has been missing the past few cruises. Let me know when you last saw it and on which ship.

I don't think I ever saw that one on the menu. Pretty sure I would have given it a try if it had been available.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

Naming my favorite food is like naming a favorite movie.  I can't narrow it down to just one.   They once had Monte Cristo sandwiches for lunch.   One of those things that I just don't see around that often anymore, so it kind of caught my attention.  Good stuff, if not necessarily good for me.  

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
22 minutes ago, josephml1 said:

how is the bbq on caribbean princess?

also how is the seafood restaurant for dinner?

🙂

I haven’t seen an oak, hickory or mesquite tree within miles of a Princess ship.  

The dishes cooked in ovens and served with bbq sauce are tasty enough.  Just not BBQ. 

• Like 1

How have we got to page six and no one is yet to nominate the baked potato soup! I had this 12 out of 14 nights on the last cruise and commented on the others that I wished i had not have strayed...

I am so disappointed it has moved off the everyday menu and has been replaced by the French Onion Soup.  I also give a thumbs up to the goat cheese souffle as it was delicious. 

Baked Potato Soup.png

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2022 at 7:21 PM, sweetp12 said:

How have we got to page six and no one is yet to nominate the baked potato soup! I had this 12 out of 14 nights on the last cruise and commented on the others that I wished i had not have strayed...

I am so disappointed it has moved off the everyday menu and has been replaced by the French Onion Soup.  I also give a thumbs up to the goat cheese souffle as it was delicious. 

Baked Potato Soup.png

On Coral, Majestic and Grand in Australia, we're still enjoying the baked potato soup on the everyday menu. Along with the Creme Brulee everyday!

My new favourite desert though may be the Rhubarb Napoleon - highly recommended.

• Like 2

Now that we have once again sailed with Princess for the first time since 2019, I have renewed my recommendations after refreshing my memory:

Fettuccine Alfredo - pretty great, even without the parmesan basket - the kid enjoyed it every day. I helped.

Double baked Goat Cheese souffle - incredible:

20221123_183640.thumb.jpg.f8c26768d9f92b18b9195cbe4a616725.jpg

Lemon Meringue Cheesecake - superb!

20221125_194536.thumb.jpg.6598edb98f691aeb2b36325434a69905.jpg 

Crepes in the buffet during dinner - any way you like them, but just a half a scoop of nutella is heavenly in our book.

20221126_201154.thumb.jpg.ed2bdf1ea3df1206679cacb8f9888e4e.jpg

Pumpkin walnut crepes in MDR - delightful to my huge surprise (I don't like pumpkin):

20221127_191019.thumb.jpg.e86622d9e8da4bdf50c35a2ac47d756f.jpgimage.thumb.jpeg.01bebb5dad4c38c638466fc437444c9c.jpeg

Surf and turf - amazing beef tenderloin. All the beef dishes were super.

20221128_191127.thumb.jpg.afaad8242f42140fe0b01a44e14275e1.jpg

These two cakes at the buffet and IC were out of this world:

Chocolate Symphony:

image.thumb.jpeg.8db81739db680edd9c625517c2a33eac.jpeg

And White Opera:

image.thumb.jpeg.fab18579c2593e1139ad4b79efe98a29.jpeg

• Like 5

I haven’t sailed on Princess since 2018 but memorable dishes include:

-twice baked goat cheese souffle

-pumpkin crepe and beef Wellington at the same dinner 

-anything at Alfredo’s

-ice cream in the MDR

-chicken korma and the platter of toppings

Thanks to a detailed blog post I tried the MDR breakfast oatmeal and loved it…and all the toppings they brought.

The PB&J from room service that I ordered out of curiosity was gourmet & well-constructed.

• 6 months later...

It's been a while since I've cruised, so I can't really say what my favorite is, but I love this thread.  I'm going to try to get several of the favorites others have named.  DH loves French onion soup, but was not impressed last time.  One son ordered creme brulee every night, another ordered a cheesecake every night.  With 5 people in our party, I figure we can sample almost everything on the desert menu 😁

• Like 1

On 12/14/2022 at 12:00 AM, arctickitty said:

I haven’t sailed on Princess since 2018 but memorable dishes include:

-twice baked goat cheese souffle

-pumpkin crepe and beef Wellington at the same dinner 

-anything at Alfredo’s

-ice cream in the MDR

-chicken korma and the platter of toppings

Thanks to a detailed blog post I tried the MDR breakfast oatmeal and loved it…and all the toppings they brought.

The PB&J from room service that I ordered out of curiosity was gourmet & well-constructed.

How is any PB&J gourmet??

43 minutes ago, rbtan said:

Raw Salmon? Sory, but I would not eat Sushi on most ships.

Nope, this is smoked salmon.  They aren't stingy about keeping it available for the taking at the buffet.  Kudos to Princess.  (NCL, my regular line, is spotty about providing it).

Oh, my vote is for the pizza on Princess.  Very impressed with the quality of the pies at the Slice venue.

• Like 1

Just returned from a week on the Caribbean Princess and was thrilled to find all my favorites:

• twice baked goat cheese souffle
  • pistachio dome
  • watermelon, feta, pumpkin seed appetizer
  • Fetuccine alfredo

Lots of Indian choices on the buffet - was happy to see papadums one day - I had to go back for seconds

Indonesian beef 'stew' on a different day was very tender, and flavorful

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

Smoked salmon. Your neighbors in New York call it "lox". I just call it yummy.

My grandma would pack lox in her suitcase when she would visit from Philadelphia,  along with other goodies we could not get in the wasteland of California 😄 (1970's)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scottca075 said:

Smoked salmon. Your neighbors in New York call it "lox". I just call it yummy.

Nope, nope, nope. If either of us eats smoked salmon it has to be much "drier" than this. I've eaten lox and don't care for it at all. However, this reminds me that my wife asked if I would smoke some salmon for her soon. I'll make it the way she likes it. (Personally, I can live without salmon of any sort. I sometimes eat it but fish is not my thing.)

Edited by Thrak
  • Haha 1