Impossible to contact Princess uk or anywhere!

sha1955

Ok, tried over 5 days, emailed repeatedly, kept on hold for an hour each time then gave up, Today no calls being connected. I have a balance due today but awaiting compensation FCC offered by Sky last month. This needs to be applied. Nobody responds or answers emails. Plus, just got off sky and both tested positive for Covid.  (as hundreds of others I suspect)  Am I alone in noticing this problem?  Live chat link not working from UK

All confidence lost,  as my cruise may be cancelled with £500 owing. So my question is, WHAT IS GOING ON AT PRINCESS?

Try live chat.

What is going on? Princess failed in the on shore/booking customer service area with their phone service. During the shutdown they placed too much of unavailable funds into an app program that is full of bugs and issues and are receiving more calls than they can handle about the app program along with normal calls. Very poor management.

• Like 8

Since Florida/Caribbean comprises so much of the cruise industry, I pay close attention to the time there when I call Princess.  I've had much success waiting until dinner hour in the eastern half of the U.S.  20 to 30 minute wait tops! 

20 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Since Florida/Caribbean comprises so much of the cruise industry, I pay close attention to the time there when I call Princess.  I've had much success waiting until dinner hour in the eastern half of the U.S.  20 to 30 minute wait tops! 

Princess is based in California.

6 hours ago, sha1955 said:

Ok, tried over 5 days, emailed repeatedly, kept on hold for an hour each time then gave up, Today no calls being connected. I have a balance due today but awaiting compensation FCC offered by Sky last month. This needs to be applied. Nobody responds or answers emails. Plus, just got off sky and both tested positive for Covid.  (as hundreds of others I suspect)  Am I alone in noticing this problem?  Live chat link not working from UK

All confidence lost,  as my cruise may be cancelled with £500 owing. So my question is, WHAT IS GOING ON AT PRINCESS?

Have you tried to call in the late evenings in the UK?  The line is open until 10pm and the calls are diverted to the US call centre then.  We found there is little or no wait time and they can handle most booking issues .

9 hours ago, dides said:

Have you tried to call in the late evenings in the UK?  The line is open until 10pm and the calls are diverted to the US call centre then.  We found there is little or no wait time and they can handle most booking issues .

Thanks did that last night. It still took 1.5 hours,

Agreed! Its almost impossible to get through to Princess - even to make a booking.  I was waiting in the UK (to make a booking, not just to answer a question), after over 90 minutes waiting the phone rang, and then someone put the phone down! In the end I booked through a third party. 

Even trying to call in an evening, the response is no quicker and I have never waited less than 90 minutes. Terrible customer service!

• Like 1

I feel the pain of the OP, but as things stand with Princess, any cruise I book will be through a TA. Then they can deal with frustrations such as this.

I am one of several hundred (300-500) cruisers from the April 16-May 1 Transatlantic stuck in London and ABANDONED by Princess.  We were promised Covid testing and results prior to leaving the ship on Sunday, and help at two hotels from Princess.  We have only gotten boilerplate emails and little to no direction or help.  This is CRIMINAL.  Kindly toggle over to the RollCall for April 16 2022 on Emerald, and you can see how we are faring.  It is ABOMINABLE.

Just to point out - live chat is not available in the U.K.

I think it is ridiculous at this stage in the pandemic to use Covid as an excuse for not providing customer service! Get out and hire more staff or get you staff back working in the office! This doesn’t just apply to Princess - BA and Virgin have similar issues with customer service, 

• Like 1

They don’t answer the phone, they don’t respond to the online forms.

Not a way to run a business or retain customers old or new.

As stated above covid is no longer a viable excuse for what is simply extremely poor customer service.

This isnt helpful to you i appreciate but this is not my experience - i have phoned or 3 times in the last 2 months. Twice the call was answed in 20-30 minutes, the other time i got to an hour or so and hung up. Phoning when the lines open first thing seemed to work for me.

21 hours ago, jimbo1683 said:

This isnt helpful to you i appreciate but this is not my experience - i have phoned or 3 times in the last 2 months. Twice the call was answed in 20-30 minutes, the other time i got to an hour or so and hung up. Phoning when the lines open first thing seemed to work for me.

But do you feel that 20 - 30 minutes is acceptable? That’s a very long time to wait for a company you are spending thousands of pounds with.

My local service providers answer within just a few rings and I don’t spend nearly as much money with them.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

But do you feel that 20 - 30 minutes is acceptable? That’s a very long time to wait for a company you are spending thousands of pounds with.

My local service providers answer within just a few rings and I don’t spend nearly as much money with them.

No not really but it is better than my energy provider whom i also spend thousands of pounds with despite the heating never being on, but nor is it impossible to get through to them. 

I must admit that I have found the Customer Service to be extremely poor this time around, still waiting for a reply to my email I sent about 3 weeks ago, cannot get any reply on the phone. My sister had problems with paying last week and she also could get no replies, now today I am trying to book a cruise for my son and his partner, I can enter all their details but when it comes to the payment part that particular web page just hangs and says loading, I have now tried since early this afternoon without success.

I now have to take back a lot of what I have said in the above post.

Tried to phone again this morning (Saturday) and got an answer with 15 minutes, told the person on the line about the problem I was getting regarding paying for my son and his partner, she said that this is technical problem at the moment and was still being worked on to try and sort it out.

The person (an extremely helpful lady called Katy) asked if I would like to book and pay over the phone, which I did, and seemed to go smoothly and within 30 minutes of me first calling it was all booked and had received the confirmatory email