Enchantment docked in Bermuda today 5/3/22 - Anyone onboard that can comment if there were issues with the BTA form or entry?

I see Enchantment is docked in Bermuda today 5/3/2022- can anyone onboard comment if there are any issue getting off the ship based on the BTA Travel authorization form?  How easy was it to upload your test info for the form and when did you receive final approval from Bermuda?

Thanks in advance.

Just now, AMCJavelin said:

can anyone onboard comment if there are any issue getting off the ship based on the BTA Travel authorization form?

If there's one, you might want to also ask this in the Roll Call thread.

My folks are onboard -- they docked yesterday, left today. My dad found it fairly straightforward. His only hiccup was his fault (he uploaded a screenshot of their negative test result instead of the PDF results). Called them with a decently long hold time, but said the woman could not have been nicer and more helpful getting it all resolved.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, xtremegk said:

My folks are onboard -- they docked yesterday, left today. My dad found it fairly straightforward. His only hiccup was his fault (he uploaded a screenshot of their negative test result instead of the PDF results). Called them with a decently long hold time, but said the woman could not have been nicer and more helpful getting it all resolved.

Excellent Thank you!

1 hour ago, xtremegk said:

So confusing how do you get PDF results to upload?

39 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

So confusing how do you get PDF results to upload?

You can download the PDF as a file on your phone or do it from the computer. He said it asked for a photo or PDF file at the upload.

7 minutes ago, xtremegk said:

You can download the PDF as a file on your phone or do it from the computer. He said it asked for a photo or PDF file at the upload.

Thank you for getting back to me. Will be going to Walgreens or may do the BinaxNOW from home. So the attachment they send I would need to change it to a PDF file. Last 8 cruises that I have been on I only had to print a hard copy of results. I have a week to figure that out. 

3 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Thank you for getting back to me. Will be going to Walgreens or may do the BinaxNOW from home. So the attachment they send I would need to change it to a PDF file. Last 8 cruises that I have been on I only had to print a hard copy of results. I have a week to figure that out. 

If you have a scanner (we have an all in one printer) you can save the hard copy as a PDF and upload that. 

16 hours ago, LorraineP said:

My folks went to Walgreens (and we went there to test our son this weekend). The results come in an email, which links to a website. On that website, where it tells you your result, you can download the PDF of your results.

12 hours ago, Coralc said:

If you have a scanner (we have an all in one printer) you can save the hard copy as a PDF and upload that. 

Another trick is to go and print, but when you get to the step where you select your printer, you should be able to switch your printer to an option along the lines of "Save as PDF"

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ymncruise said:

The instructions on the Bermuda government’s website say that you cannot board the ship unless you have completed the necessary steps. 

that changed recently with a different cruise line. as long as you have proof you initial submitted the travel authorization you can board the ship. as the ship is sailing towards  Bermuda, the officials will expedite the approval process and will approve everything by the time the ship docks  . you no longer have to worry about getting it fully approved to board the ship

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, shof515 said:

that changed recently with a different cruise line. as long as you have proof you initial submitted the travel authorization you can board the ship. as the ship is sailing towards  Bermuda, the officials will expedite the approval process and will approve everything by the time the ship docks  . you no longer have to worry about getting it fully approved to board the ship

I did my travel form the other day and still waiting for approval. We don't cruise until May 14th so I know there is time.

Michele

11 hours ago, happyshelly said:

I did my travel form the other day and still waiting for approval. We don't cruise until May 14th so I know there is time.

Michele

You won't get approval until you submit your proof of negative covid test.  Did you receive a confirmation of receipt with a reference number? 

16 hours ago, shof515 said:

That was a provision made for NCL since they told their  passengers to wait until they did the test to submit the form. So there was not enough time to get them all approved. NCL sent that to their passengers. There is nothing to indicate if will apply to other passengers booked on other cruise lines. Have your recieved such a noteice from royal? I would not assume that the exception will apply to Royal passengers. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

Following, as we are to sail to Bermuda on the Carnival Legend from Baltimore 22 May. I am beyond stressed that the TA will not get to me in time. We have to take the tests Friday for a Sunday sail, so I assume they have staff working in Bermuda on the weekend to process these things. I submitted our application successfully. Pity the cruise lines didn't get an exemption allowed for the test uploading portion, which is IMO, the main stressor, considering no one can board without it.

How were things at the Baltimore end? They have a few more RC cruises to Bermuda this month to get used to the protocol. I was on  Enchantment late March, and it took nearly two hours to board due to understaffing. And the ship was at 65% capacity. This will only make it worse.

10 hours ago, Janet524 said:

You won't get approval until you submit your proof of negative covid test.  Did you receive a confirmation of receipt with a reference number? 

Yes I do have that. I  just want to get all my ducks in a row. Ya know? LOL.

Michele

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Janet524 said:

19 minutes ago, happyshelly said:

Yes I do have that. I  just want to get all my ducks in a row. Ya know? LOL.

Michele

Hi we will be boarding on May 14th as well.

• Like 1