Do People ever cancel HMC Beach Villas?

SurfCat

Booked a cruise and wanted to book a Beach Villa, but they were already sold out.  I check in daily in the event that one is cancelled.  

Has anyone ever had luck with that?

It is possible that someone with a beach villa booked will get a positive Covid test and have to cancel the cruise.  I would check daily as you already are doing, but much more frequently once the testing period begins.

• Like 1

In years past, I was able to get a cabana by walking up to the excursions desk immediately upon boarding.  

A few months ago, I booked a last minute cruise so was not able to get a cabana. So I emailed the Shore Excursion Department at shoreexcursions@carnival.com and asked to be put on a waitlist.  

We arrived on board.  I figured they’d likely forgot about me but thought that I’d check and put my name on the waitlist on board. 

When  I asked what number I was going to be, the guy said “third.”   He started to write down my name and says “You’re already on here as number 2”.    😁

He said he doubted I’d get a cabana since it was spring break.

He was right. 🥲

Moral of the story is, you never know, so give it a try.  

Good luck!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

SurfCat- I am so glad you were able to get a HMC Villa! 

I have rented HMC Cabanas in the past but this time we have a group of 6 so decided to get a Villa.  The Villa is only $100 more than a Cabana would be for 6 people.  It is going to be a surprise for the 2 other couples we are cruising with.  Our gift to them as they help out with my 82 year old father, who moved in with us last Fall, when we take trips (just check in with him and take him dinner).

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Turns out I'm going to cancel it now.  We have a party of 12 so I kept checking to see if the Private Oasis opened up, and it did.  I scooped it up as soon as I saw it since I had seen such great reviews.

My concern now is that the Oasis being open was the result of some computer glitch since it had been sold out for so long, and final payment for the cruise is not yet due.  I'm going to keep both for a little while just to make sure.  I wish there was some way to confirm that they haven't sold the Oasis twice.

Anything is possible but likely if it is booked it will not be open unless you are lucky. Once we were gifted a cabana when an elderly couple we meet decided it was too cool to go ashore so they gave us the cabana.