Passenger make up - Mexican Riviera Cruise

Woody14

Heading on my first Carnival crews in July on the Panorama and am wondering what the passenger make (Countries people are from) of a typical Mexican riviera cruise?     Will it be primarily folks from the US or will it be a mix of people from Europe or Asia?     This is more of a curiosity thing as I really like meeting people from all over the world.  

Well, it was primarily American when I sailed the Panorama from Long Beach in August. Remember, covid restrictions could play into less people from around the world being aboard still as they were when I went 

Nearly all Americans, mostly from CA, NV, AZ, NM and other surrounding states in the area. Lot's of folks from the SF bay area and LA area as well. Young, old, kids, singles, couples, it's a nice mix of people from all over. There are a lot of Americans of Asian dissent in both the SF bay area and LA area, Americans of European dissent also and Americans of Latin dissent also. It's a mix of everyone.

47 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Nearly all Americans, mostly from CA, NV, AZ, NM and other surrounding states in the area. Lot's of folks from the SF bay area and LA area as well. Young, old, kids, singles, couples, it's a nice mix of people from all over. There are a lot of Americans of Asian dissent in both the SF bay area and LA area, Americans of European dissent also and Americans of Latin dissent also. It's a mix of everyone.

I am an American of African descent and I think we also were well represented on our Panorama sailings.

We also met several guests from Utah on each Panorama cruise, quite a few in fact.

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 3

Our honeymoon cruise was on the original Jubilee to Mexico, and we were at a mixed table in the MDR with several LDS newlywed couples from Utah.  I doubt that's changed much.

Edited by Lane Hog

Both of mine have been no different than any other cruise. Mostly Americans. Not sure if I even encountered any passengers from other countries or not.

Edited by Saint Greg

42 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

I am an American of African descent and I think we also were well represented on our Panorama sailings.

We also met several guests from Utah on each Panorama cruise, quite a few in fact.

Yes, plenty of black Americans as well. I just assumed that was a given, didn't mean to leave anyone out. Cali is "worldly" and "cosmopolitan" 😁

Edited by cruisingguy007

We are from WY. When we went in February, we met a lot of people from the west/midwest--MN, MI, WI, CO, UT, etc. I think because it's easier/cheaper to fly west from these areas than it is to fly east. And all these cold weather states were looking for a warm weather getaway!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Yes, plenty of black Americans as well. I just assumed that was a given, didn't mean to leave anyone out. Cali is "worldly" and "cosmopolitan" 😁

That doesn't make sense. Why is it a given that Black people are on the cruise but not Asian, Latino, or of European descent?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

Unfortunately, yes.  Those are usually the troublemakers onboard.   😉

Why I have no idea what you mean? 😇 😬

7 hours ago, cruizergal70 said:

That doesn't make sense. Why is it a given that Black people are on the cruise but not Asian, Latino, or of European descent?

OP asked specifically about Asian and Europeans, white & Black Americans are a given, simple. Makes sense to me. 

1 hour ago, cruizergal70 said:

Truth be told, Americans will always be the primary passengers on ANY Carnival cruise. My last Carnival cruise was in Europe and it was still mainly Americans. Carnival doesn't attract a large number of non-Americans. 

Thanks this is kind of what I thought based on the general comments of the Carnival board.

I cruise to Mexico often, and I like that everyone aboard is just people. You can have a polite conversation with anyone young to old. Cruisers are a great bunch of folks.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

How?  Carnival doesn't carry Molson and Labatts on board.

That’s exactly what starts all the Trouble & Shenanigans to begin with. 

I’m assuming a lot of SW snowbirds from the North USA, since they’re so close in the winter.
We’re about out of Galveston new ports, so we’re looking to CA itineraries next year for 1 week + cruises. Closer to AZ anyway. 

14 hours ago, dallasdan said:

We have a group of 7 from Texas for our Panorama Cruise on Saturday.  Some say Texans are their own country.

It does take 24 hours just to drive through Texas going East from California. 

11 hours ago, silvercrikhix said:

That’s exactly what starts all the Trouble & Shenanigans to begin with. 

Aye, and don't forget the malarkey with those shenanigans!

SM.jpg

14 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

How?  Carnival doesn't carry Molson and Labatts on board.

I like it but, now most of my friends (we are Canadians) say that Molson and Labatts are for tourists we are now in to the craft brews.