Laundry Services

An alternative to bunting?  I once had to wash a pair of Indian churidar (those very loose fitting cotton trousers which fit tightly around the ankles) - a long story...but anyway, my hero suggested I offer them to the Captain to hang from the mast somewhere as they would make a very effective mainsail 😎

Edited by Gilly
correct spelling
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, asnaleah said:

Does anyone know if you can request cold water for the wash and low heat for the dryer? And if yes, is it actually done that way?

I doubt that they would do a cold water wash for 1 person's load as many guests' laundry is washed at one time in a giant washing machine with whatever their standard water temperature is (warm? hot?). Same for drying- large dryer to handle multiple oassengers' loads at once.  You could always use the launderette to wash/dry special items to your liking. I do this occasionally....dry half-way and then hang up in my suite to finish drying.  Easy-peasy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

Curious just where the laundry is going to air dry your items?

On the drying racks!

No one’s allowed to touch my laundry but me. Sigh, I lose that valuable benefit when booked in a PH. 
That’s life!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

On the drying racks!

No one’s allowed to touch my laundry but me. Sigh, I lose that valuable benefit when booked in a PH. 
That’s life!

I may send a few things, but likely will use the self laundry. Sigh.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Kwaj girl said:

I doubt that they would do a cold water wash for 1 person's load as many guests' laundry is washed at one time in a giant washing machine with whatever their standard water temperature is (warm? hot?). Same for drying- large dryer to handle multiple oassengers' loads at once.  You could always use the launderette to wash/dry special items to your liking. I do this occasionally....dry half-way and then hang up in my suite to finish drying.  Easy-peasy. 

I think this is a good suggestion for me. I’m pretty particular about my laundry. 

• Like 1

We request cold water wash.

I m real fussy and I think Regent does a great job with laundry.

I don’t send my expensive clothes to be dry cleaned. I wait until I return home.

I do like to iron over my Tee shirts after unpacking so I just go to the laundry room.

I do rinse out bras and underwear and they drip dry in our bathroom.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, asnaleah said:

I think this is a good suggestion for me. I’m pretty particular about my laundry. 

Did this on the TA in April and it worked great.  I hung wet laundry in the closet, because it is easy to leave door open to allow air flow. Bathroom stayed a little moist, I thought.  I just sent the "regular" wash clothes out to the laundry.

Edited by 2012_Alaska_bound
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, shuguley said:

What is the turn around time on laundry......over night?

We put ours out before dinner and it was always back when we returned from breakfast the next morning. Great service. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1