Celebrity finally posted info on Bermuda Travel Authorization

LB_NJ

It’s great that Celebrity has linked to the Bermuda Travel Authorization web site. However, I don’t see any statement by Celebrity regarding Bermuda’s additional **shipboard** testing requirement when Bermuda is not the first port of call or the ship takes more than four days to reach Bermuda. (See quote below from the Bermuda web site.) Cruises out of Bayonne, for example, in the coming months that first call in Newport or Charleston before Bermuda will be subject to that requirement.  While I assume that Celebrity will test everyone on board, I think it would be helpful if Celebrity said so.  

“If Bermuda is the not first port of call on your cruise OR your cruise will take more than 4 days to arrive to Bermuda:

All passengers regardless of vaccination status must undergo a further supervised antigen or COVID-19 NAAT on-board, by the ships medical team, no more than 2 days before passengers are to disembark in Bermuda.”  

https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

All I can say is that on Silhouette out of FLL that it was a mess at the pier as all had to apply prior to sailing or not permitted on the ship. 

While I don't have any knowledge of sailing out of Port Liberty I wAould assume they will do much like they did for Portugal Passenger Locator.

On the ship with or without an internet account you can access the site to fill out the form at no charge for the internet.   From the internet cafe and stations setup in the "Meeting Place" terminals and printers were available.

Filling in the information is relatively simple and you have to use a credit card to pay the $40 pp fee.  You are required to have the form regardless if you plan on leaving the  ship or not.   The form must be submitted no earlier than 2 days prior to arrival, so for these cruises will have to be done at sea. 

One Warning -   If you do your own test or if Celebrity tests you make sure you open your test results and save it as non-protected file.   The pdf attached are password protected and Bermuda can't open to verify without the password -  password for Navica is 4 digit birth date  and the Ships test is your Passport Number

• Thanks 1

On 5/7/2022 at 8:14 AM, Turtles06 said:

Cruises out of Bayonne, for example, in the coming months that first call in Newport or Charleston before Bermuda will be subject to that requirement.  While I assume that Celebrity will test everyone on board, I think it would be helpful if Celebrity said so.  

I read in a FB group that X is changing the itineraries on the cruises that call in Newport or Charleston to do so on the way back from Bermuda instead of on the way there.

It would make me feel better if I got clear and timely info directly from Celebrity.  Got that email yesterday.  It leaves a lot of questions hanging.  For anyone who doesn’t look at cruisecritic or look at Bermuda gov travel requirements, that email was shocking. Sent on Sunday, Mother’s Day, when most travel agents aren’t available.  
Haven’t heard anything about changes to our itinerary.  

On 5/6/2022 at 6:25 PM, GottaKnowWhen said:

I did a follow up query to Bermuda. Negative test required? Yes, negative test required, no exemption for those with a Certificate of Recovery.

Stan

I did a follow-up query to Celebrity.  I was told, as I expected, that we could not board without a BTA, even if we had the Certificate of Recovery etc. that would otherwise allow us on a Bermuda-bound ship.

Stan

2 hours ago, CruiserN1 said:

I read in a FB group that X is changing the itineraries on the cruises that call in Newport or Charleston to do so on the way back from Bermuda instead of on the way there.

I think they only did that on one cruise.  The problem is that on some of the cruises the port in Bermuda is full and no room for X.  They would have to tender, if allowed.

4 hours ago, CruiserN1 said:

I am sailing on Summit Friday and itinerary has not been changed (yet).

Laura

Just now, 3red7s said:

good grief.....i thought it was just me.....we are cruising to Bermuda next month....I just dread trying to read some government document & understand what i need to do.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 3red7s said:

good grief.....i thought it was just me.....we are cruising to Bermuda next month....I just dread trying to read some government document & understand what i need to do.

It’s really well-spelled out on the Bermuda site. Lots of folks have cruised to Bermuda since last summer and have dealt with these requirements. 

Edited by Turtles06
  • Thanks 1

We are on the June 2 sailing out of Cape Liberty to Bermuda - arriving 7 days after departure. We completed out TA forms etc. Has anyone received an email stating how we are going to complete the mid cruise testing before arriving in Bermuda?

June 2 cruise is no longer available for booking on the Celebrity site - I have been trying to see if they modified out itinerary like the May 13th cruise as stated above.

Hopefully they change my itinerary too so we don't need additional testing.

5 hours ago, CTSRJS said:

We are on the June 2 sailing out of Cape Liberty to Bermuda - arriving 7 days after departure. We completed out TA forms etc. Has anyone received an email stating how we are going to complete the mid cruise testing before arriving in Bermuda?

June 2 cruise is no longer available for booking on the Celebrity site - I have been trying to see if they modified out itinerary like the May 13th cruise as stated above.

Hopefully they change my itinerary too so we don't need additional testing.

It looks like Celebrity has been rearranging itineraries so Bermuda is the first stop.  Which means that since the slots are already full at the port this will be a tendering stop in Bermuda.

It also seems that Celebrity isn't telling passengers until JUST before sailing to that people don't have a chance to cancel and rebook.

Very poor on Celebrity's part.  They have know about this for months and are waiting until the last minute to tell people.  

I no longer think of Celebrity as a reputable cruise company.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1