Help please! First time traveling from US to Rome: so confused about testing

Hi all. just booked the Wonder out of Rome 6/9/2022. Haven’t been to Europe since the pandemic. Different sites have conflicting info about pre flight testing. is it within one day OR two days before the flight leaving from  the US? or is it one day or two days before landing in Italy?  Is it still 2 days before sailing?  How about coming back? Do I have to test on the ship if I’m flying back to the US that day? Do I need to have my own proctored tests with me on board or will the ship provide testing? I’m so confused! Is there anyone who has sailed from the US to Italy recently that can help me out? Thanks!!

6 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

Hi all. just booked the Wonder out of Rome 6/9/2022. Haven’t been to Europe since the pandemic. Different sites have conflicting info about pre flight testing. is it within one day OR two days before the flight leaving from  the US? or is it one day or two days before landing in Italy?  Is it still 2 days before sailing?  How about coming back? Do I have to test on the ship if I’m flying back to the US that day? Do I need to have my own proctored tests with me on board or will the ship provide testing? I’m so confused! Is there anyone who has sailed from the US to Italy recently that can help me out? Thanks!!

Breathe.......... 🙂   You do not have to test to fly to Italy.  For the cruise, it's one day before boarding (not two like other countries or the U.S, so that's a bit of a challenge).  To come back to the U.S. it's day before or day of flight to get tested.  

For pre-cruise testing requirements, go to the Royal website Healthy Sail Center and scroll down to the 'protocols for booked guests'  From there, choose your departure port as Rome.  That is going to be your most accurate information for what is required for getting on the ship.  The testing required for flights home is governed by the U.S. CDC.  Was hoping those would be lifted before June, but so far they are sticking with it.  

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center?icid=hlthys_wrnssn_hlt_nbrdxp_pghdr_3467

ETA:  These things change ALL the time, but go to the official sources such as Royal, the CDC and your airline.  I'm sailing out of Rome on June 12th, I'm check protocols a lot and keeping an eye out for any updates on the official sites.  

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Breathe.......... 🙂   You do not have to test to fly to Italy.  For the cruise, it's one day before boarding (not two like other countries or the U.S, so that's a bit of a challenge).  To come back to the U.S. it's day before or day of flight to get tested.  

For pre-cruise testing requirements, go to the Royal website Healthy Sail Center and scroll down to the 'protocols for booked guests'  From there, choose your departure port as Rome.  That is going to be your most accurate information for what is required for getting on the ship.  The testing required for flights home is governed by the U.S. CDC.  Was hoping those would be lifted before June, but so far they are sticking with it.  

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center?icid=hlthys_wrnssn_hlt_nbrdxp_pghdr_3467

ETA:  These things change ALL the time, but go to the official sources such as Royal, the CDC and your airline.  I'm sailing out of Rome on June 12th, I'm check protocols a lot and keeping an eye out for any updates on the official sites.  

rockmom provided great and accurate information.

* We are arriving in Civitavecchia (Rome) early tomorrow morning.

Some passengers we know, who are flying back to the U.S. tomorrow, used eMed (proctored) or got tested in La Spezia today. A few passengers said they will get tested at FCO, (20Euros) before their flights.

* Please be advised that Italy currently require for all passengers to complete the dPLF (digital passenger locator form).

36 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

We're on this same cruise out of Rome!

46 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Agree, until I Canceled my TA that is traveling this week the Testing, Masking, Vax, etc changed 6 times. Last one was 2wks before

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

rockmom provided great and accurate information.

* We are arriving in Civitavecchia (Rome) early tomorrow morning.

Some passengers we know, who are flying back to the U.S. tomorrow, used eMed (proctored) or got tested in La Spezia today. A few passengers said they will get tested at FCO, (20Euros) before their flights.

* Please be advised that Italy currently require for all passengers to complete the dPLF (digital passenger locator form).

I wasn’t aware of the dPLF. Thanks! Is that online or a form given out on the plane?

30 minutes ago, trotzoll said:

We're on this same cruise out of Rome!

Oh hi! Let’s share any info we come across. There is no roll call yet for this sailing and I don’t know how to stat one. I’m from NY. You ca. Private message me on this site if you’d like or maybe we can get a roll call going

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree, until I Canceled my TA that is traveling this week the Testing, Masking, Vax, etc changed 6 times. Last one was 2wks before

That’s awful. I’ll be sure to check compulsively lol

13 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

I wasn’t aware of the dPLF. Thanks! Is that online or a form given out on the plane?

It's no longer a thing. Italy rescinded that requirement as of May 1st. You can ignore the information on Royal's website saying it's required. For some reason they haven't updated the website yet. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

Oh hi! Let’s share any info we come across. There is no roll call yet for this sailing and I don’t know how to stat one. I’m from NY. You ca. Private message me on this site if you’d like or maybe we can get a roll call going

Private messaging isn't an option on this site.  They keep it disabled.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

Just spoke to guest services (onboard the Odyssey)...and as FionaMG said, the dPLF is no longer required.

It is truly incredible how requirements/protocols changes day to day.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Fortunately almost all was less restriction, except when they Changed the 2 Day Test to only 1

Thanks, hopefully they will expand that a bit by the sailing next month but who knows?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dleahy4444 said:

I went to the Royal Carribean healthy sailing site and it states that a Covid green certificate or an equivalent certificate is required. Is thwhite vax card with the CDC logo ok?

49 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

I went to the Royal Carribean healthy sailing site and it states that a Covid green certificate or an equivalent certificate is required. Is thwhite vax card with the CDC logo ok?

Yes. Bring it with you.