“The Captain”

We have been on the Navigator many times where we have met the Captain but another ship this time.  He lives mostly on the Regent ships.  We have been worried about how he fared with Covid.  We were blessed with being on the elevator with him tonight on the way to Compass Rose.  He is the ultimate gentleman.  It made our night knowing he was well.  

• Like 4

8 hours ago, cruiseluv said:

I know who you mean, have been on Navigator with him, but thought he was referred to as Commodore. In any event, great to hear he’s doing well

I believe someone said he was a Captain during military servic.  But yes, he is definitely Commodore on Regent currently "at home" on the Mariner.  

Edited by Kwaj girl
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Kwaj girl said:

I believe someone said he was a Captain during military servic.  But yes, he is definitely Commodore on Regent currently "at home" on the Mariner.  

Yes, he is a commodore…but he has always gone by Captain on the cruises we have been on.  Still has his great cane. 😀

• Like 2

We just got off the Mariner on Thursday in San Francisco. Saw him several times during the 25 day cruise. He looks good !! Still walking the hallways. The crew looks out after him.

• Like 1

Good news, indeed that the Captain has reconnected with a new home at sea.  

Cruised with him several pre-COVID times aboard Navigator.  Upon a reintroduction, he would comment not being able to see us too well; but recognizing and remembering our voices from cruises past.  

Look forward to meeting up with him again this October aboard Mariner at L.A.  

GOARMY!

15 hours ago, rcandkc said:

We have been on the Navigator many times where we have met the Captain but another ship this time.  He lives mostly on the Regent ships.  We have been worried about how he fared with Covid.  We were blessed with being on the elevator with him tonight on the way to Compass Rose.  He is the ultimate gentleman.  It made our night knowing he was well.  

Thank you for the update.  We, too, have sailed with him in the past.  He is such a lovely gentleman.

hope you both have a wonderful cruise.

Terri

Oh man, this is good to hear - I thought I'd read somewhere that he had passed, I'm very glad that was wrong!  We saw him on some of our earlier cruises but never had the pleasure of meeting him directly (didn't want to intrude) but very good to know he's still well and back aboard Mariner.  I hope they've installed his special lighting for him over his table.  🙂

• Like 1