Virtual Muster Drill

Has NCL switched to virtual muster drills? If so, what is the procedure on board? I know to check in, I had to watch the safety video. 

I always hated after the muster drill ended because of the crowd, elevator wait and/or climbing up many flights of stairs. 

I know RCC is doing the virtual drill

Thanks! 

You watch the muster drill when you do your online check-in, then you will watch it a couple more times before you board (they email it to you a couple times in the days before boarding).  We knew the video verbatim before we arrived at port.

Once you board, you will just have to go by your muster station (location found on your key card and in the diagram on the inside of your stateroom door) prior to your ship sailing, and you just present your key card to the attendant.  No mass gathering, just stop by and present your card, they mark your muster visit complete.  Super simple.

We ate lunch first, then after visiting our stateroom we found the muster location before starting the our sail away party!!

6 hours ago, emilysmom97 said:

Has NCL switched to virtual muster drills? If so, what is the procedure on board? I know to check in, I had to watch the safety video. 

I always hated after the muster drill ended because of the crowd, elevator wait and/or climbing up many flights of stairs. 

I know RCC is doing the virtual drill

Thanks! 

Same deal as RCCL. You read and watch your video ahead of time. once onboard, you need to stop at your muster station and check in. Not sure how long they will keep that up. 

We did this first thing. They explained a few things, scanned our cards and we were off the have lunch in the MDR.

Not sure if they still do this but we had to watch the video on our room TV before we could access our account.

We were on the Pearl on April 15 so my experience is from that.

4 hours ago, hallux said:

When I boarded in March they guided us directly to our muster stations to check in before doing anything else...

39 minutes ago, 1025cruise said:

On the Pearl, as soon as I boarded I was directed straight to my muster station to check in. I got scanned in while still lugging my carry-on.

We were told we needed to check in at the muster station at least 30min before we sailed.  Ours was at O'Sheehans so we checked in right away as we were planning on having lunch there anyway.  

2 hours ago, ClevelandCruisin said:

We did this first thing. They explained a few things, scanned our cards and we were off the have lunch in the MDR.

Not sure if they still do this but we had to watch the video on our room TV before we could access our account.

We we not required to do that, though our account was not accessible by the TV, only the app, so it could be different for each ship.

I hope they continue to do the muster drill this way, so much easier.  Doing it this was actually helps the cruise lines IMO as they can continue to have everything open so they can continue to keep making money at the bar etc.  

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Same deal as RCCL. You read and watch your video ahead of time. once onboard, you need to stop at your muster station and check in. Not sure how long they will keep that up. 

I can't imagine why they would want to return to the in-person version. This virtual method is so much more customer-friendly. Well, except that you cannot use your cabin TV until you watch the entire long version of the video on it (about 14 minutes IIRC), even if you're all checked in. Eh, NBD.

If they return to the "shut everything down, herd people to the stations, wait around for the stragglers, do a demo that half the people are ignoring, and release everyone at once to clog the halls and elevators" method, well, that would be silly.

• Like 1