LON-TPA Delta connect ATL or JFK 1hr 30 min both?

Cruisengators

Seeking advice from seasoned international Delta travelers. Traveling Lon to Tpa. Connection options ATL or JFK. Each offers 1 hr 30 min layover only. Do you recommend one over other? Is it doable? Yes we have global entry! 

Other option is through BOS with 3 hour layover but then must leave for heatheow at 5:30 am and trying to avoid that.

FYICan’t do BA direct from Gatwick.

Thank you.

Despite their size, the Delta operations at JFK and ATL are fairly streamlined. I would personally choose ATL for two reasons - (1) it's a bit more streamlined, and (2) there are (a lot) more ATL-TPA flights than there are JFK-TPA flights, so if you do misconnect, there are more options to be accommodated on. 

• Like 4

I concur with Zach.  Especially with his second point - you are almost always better with more fallback options than fewer, unless there are significant upsides to the other choice (such as equipment, class of service or the like).

I was going to say ATL for the same reasons, more flights to your destination is key when you're on potentially shorter connections. 

Other than that the BA non-stop would be preferable all round.

11 hours ago, Ashland said:

I agree with ATL....cause I do love a couple of the eating venue's there as opposed to JFK.

I planned and did a connection via ATL once for this reason, and would gladly plan and do it again.

Alas, the OP only has an hour and a half, which is probably not long enough to avail themselves of these facilities.

11 hours ago, Ashland said:

I agree with ATL....cause I do love a couple of the eating venue's there as opposed to JFK.

I transit through DFW a lot, and I sometimes build in a longer layover if it's later in the day...because there was an Irish pub that had excellent Guinness (some of the best I've had), and now there's a Flying Saucer that has a very good range of beers. Mmmm, now I'm thirsty. 

2 hours ago, Zach1213 said:

I transit through DFW a lot, and I sometimes build in a longer layover if it's later in the day...because there was an Irish pub that had excellent Guinness (some of the best I've had), and now there's a Flying Saucer that has a very good range of beers. Mmmm, now I'm thirsty. 

I see that the Saucer is just down the corridor from the Centurion Lounge.  Gonna have to try it sometime, even though DFW isn't a regular stop for me.  For when I don't want to schlep over to D, where's the Irish pub?

20 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

I see that the Saucer is just down the corridor from the Centurion Lounge.  Gonna have to try it sometime, even though DFW isn't a regular stop for me.  For when I don't want to schlep over to D, where's the Irish pub?

The Flying Saucer at DFW definitely doesn't have quite the beer wall of a normal Flying Saucer, but it's plenty fine for a layover. 

The Irish pub unfortunately disappeared back in...2015ish? I think the Flying Saucer actually took the space of the Irish pub, but I am not 100% confident on that.

• 2 weeks later...