Caribbean Princess Suites

Carol28

On this ship, the S4 suites are underneath the pool area.  Can anyone tell me if you can hear noises from the pool area in this type of suite from above?  Chairs scraping as they are set-up for the day,  folks running around, or anything like that?  

The other suites are either aft or forward.  We've never had an aft suite. We will be doing the Canada-New England cruise.  Would the feel the movement of the Atlantic Ocean in an Aft suite?  

Any comments on the Princess Caribbean suites are appreciated.

We are on the Aug 31 cruise

We love midship suites and would not consider one facing aft

We don't like sailing backwards but others love them

I am not worried about chairs scraping as I don't think that would keep us up at night and we are early risers so not worried about mornings

You may feel differently

1 hour ago, Carol28 said:

On this ship, the S4 suites are underneath the pool area.  Can anyone tell me if you can hear noises from the pool area in this type of suite from above?  Chairs scraping as they are set-up for the day,  folks running around, or anything like that?  

The other suites are either aft or forward.  We've never had an aft suite. We will be doing the Canada-New England cruise.  Would the feel the movement of the Atlantic Ocean in an Aft suite?  

We’re in an aft-facing cabin right now on the CB. In fact I’m on the fully covered balcony right now posting this! We love it and feel very little motion from the ocean. If the price was right, we’d book it again!! In fact we did on our Oct 2023 Canada-New England cruise! 😁

image.thumb.jpg.e9f0da1c04268045b2e7566d0bf3fa54.jpg

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Carol28 said:

we took an upsell to R411 - S4 - back in 2019 - It was under the ice cream station.  yes, lots of chair noise, but only during the day, which we were rarely in the cabin during those times

Our only experience in an S4 on the CB was back in July 2019. We were in R401. From time to time we would hear a little bit of chair. scraping on the deck above but nothing that we considered to be the least bit objectionable or worrisome.

Our experience was the same as @voljeep   Just not an issue. 
Just a personal preference, but wife and I generally don’t like what we refer to as the “sidesaddle” suites. However our objection has nothing whatsoever to do with any objectionable noise from above. We just prefer the S3 category on the CB. 

1 hour ago, Bgwest said:

Our only experience in an S4 on the CB was back in July 2019. We were in R401. From time to time we would hear a little bit of chair. scraping on the deck above but nothing that we considered to be the least bit objectionable or worrisome.

Our experience was the same as @voljeep   Just not an issue. 
Just a personal preference, but wife and I generally don’t like what we refer to as the “sidesaddle” suites. However our objection has nothing whatsoever to do with any objectionable noise from above. We just prefer the S3 category on the CB. 

What's a sidesaddle suite?

13 hours ago, riffatsea said:

What's a sidesaddle suite?

I've never heard this before either to describe the suites on each side of the ship, but I think it is amusing and I might use it, too.  Like his name, I bet BgWest is from the West!

Since we'd travel in September when school is in session, there wouldn't be children running for ice cream, just adults running for ice cream.  I was more worried about the chairs being set up in the morning.

15 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We’re in an aft-facing cabin right now on the CB. In fact I’m on the fully covered balcony right now posting this! We love it and feel very little motion from the ocean. If the price was right, we’d book it again!! In fact we did on our Oct 2023 Canada-New England cruise! 😁

image.thumb.jpg.e9f0da1c04268045b2e7566d0bf3fa54.jpg

We are looking at the Cruise Tour in September 2023 from Toronto to New York.  This will be our 6th Canada/New England cruise, but we haven't done the land portion. Are you doing the land tour? 

2 hours ago, Carol28 said:

We are looking at the Cruise Tour in September 2023 from Toronto to New York.  This will be our 6th Canada/New England cruise, but we haven't done the land portion. Are you doing the land tour? 

Yes, we’re also doing the cruise tour as we wanted to see the Niagara Falls from the Canadian side.

BTW you can take advantage of the obstructed view on the VS aft-facing cabin on sunny parts of the day when the sun is hanging low in the sky. 😂

image.thumb.jpg.2447a5bda16f07121c12aab8e1832ff2.jpg