Testing eliminated (?) during your 14+ day cruise

StrawberryHill

Those currently on the Regal are saying that those doing the 14 day cruise to BCN from Rome, were tested on day six, the day before arriving in Athens, when the second 'leg' of the cruise started.

Made no difference if you had booked a 14 day cruise or a b2b.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Ombud said:

Can we get back on track?? Per Princess (their ship / their rules)::

Cruises from USA & Canada (updated May 10th):

Screenshot_20220516-160436_Chrome.thumb.jpg.20e51b2259c2b49fb274f6dbcdf45744.jpg

Cruises from UK is eerily the same (updated May 11th):

Screenshot_20220516-160713_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e5720dd00759cc0f3bac1eb630c223a5.jpg

And once again under cruises from Europe (updated May 11th):

Screenshot_20220516-160904_Chrome.thumb.jpg.09ae58f2fcacd8819923780bf0e86153.jpg

and finally Australia has something a little different (updated May 6th):

Screenshot_20220516-161053_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0ec40d1fc632eee5e260b8f77afab818.jpg

you may not like it & you may view it as unnecessary but this is what the last updates say. 

So unless there's a more recent update not available on the drone passengers are supposed to be tested. Minor inconvenience 

13 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Would it be possible for you to provide the link on the Princess website where this information is listed? I can’t seem to find it. Thanks!

13 hours ago, Ombud said:

12 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks! What’s interesting is that we didn’t book multiple cruises, back-to-back, but rather a continuous 21 day cruise RT Barcelona. That’s why we continue to ask folks on similar types of extended “single booking” Med cruises what their actually experiencing. 

Will I be able to book multiple cruises, back-to-back?

Yes, back-to-back bookings will be available for vaccinated guests, subject to availability.

Guests on back-to-back voyages will need to disembark the ship at the end of each voyage and receive a complimentary viral COVID-19 test. They will be permitted to board the ship again once they receive a negative test result.

Guests who test positive for COVID-19 will be denied boarding on the next voyage, together with their family members and close contacts who are not fully vaccinated. Guests, their family members, travel companions or other close contacts who are suspected of having COVID-19, are entitled to a 100% Future Cruise Credit (FCC).

We will closely monitor guidance from government and health authorities and will adapt and evolve this policy accordingly.

I do not see anything like the sections of text posted by @Ombud.  I even cleared Princess.com cookies and cache and tried again. 

I did not see anything about having to disembark, test and then wait to re-board.  That reads to me like a quite old protocol.  For US cruising, I see where the test is done prior to end of current voyage.  I do not even see the question in FAQ's for UK and Europe about making B2B bookings. 

Is it possible, these are old webpage pieces and not the current information?  I even checked Princess.com using another web browser I never/rarely use and got same results.

I am thinking the above posts were outdated information.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I do not see anything like the sections of text posted by @Ombud.  I even cleared Princess.com cookies and cache and tried again. 

I did not see anything about having to disembark, test and then wait to re-board.  That reads to me like a quite old protocol.  For US cruising, I see where the test is done prior to end of current voyage.  I do not even see the question in FAQ's for UK and Europe about making B2B bookings. 

Is it possible, these are old webpage pieces and not the current information?  I even checked Princess.com using another web browser I never/rarely use and got same results.

Interesting ... I don't see the "Will I be able to book multiple cruises, back-to-back" entry I reference in post #44 anymore in the new May 17th update.

CruiseHealth™ FAQ: Sailings from Europe - Princess Cruises

Update: I also just noticed this new (modified) entry:

UPDATED: If my home country requires proof of a negative COVID-19 test result for re-entry following my cruise, will Princess administer and cover the cost of the test?

If a negative COVID-19 test is required for re-entry into your home country, Princess will cover the costs of tests, provided guests can show proof that their flight arrangements are the same day as they disembark the ship. Guests will need to make their own test arrangements if onward travel is not the day they disembark.

Guests are encouraged to review their home country’s health authority and travel websites to understand the latest guidance on required testing and timing for return travel.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Interesting ... I don't see the "Will I be able to book multiple cruises, back-to-back" entry I reference in post #44 anymore in the new May 17th update.

UPDATED: If my home country requires proof of a negative COVID-19 test result for re-entry following my cruise, will Princess administer and cover the cost of the test?

If a negative COVID-19 test is required for re-entry into your home country, Princess will cover the costs of tests, provided guests can show proof that their flight arrangements are the same day as they disembark the ship. Guests will need to make their own test arrangements if onward travel is not the day they disembark.

Guests are encouraged to review their home country’s health authority and travel websites to understand the latest guidance on required testing and timing for return travel.

I'm fine with that provision.  If we were extending a stay, it's our expense, so no surprise to cover a test for flying if needed. 

• Like 3

I think they just updated the protocol for testing between B2B cruises (at least for the US - I haven't checked the other ones yet) to only require a test in certain circumstances.

Yes, guests can book back-to-back voyages, subject to availability.

Guests ages five and above on back-to-back voyages will need to take a complimentary rapid antigen test within two days of the following voyage, where the following voyage includes a transocean voyage or full Panama Canal transit and the itinerary is 10 days or more.

Guests who test positive for COVID-19 will be denied boarding on the next voyage, together with their family members and close contacts who are not fully vaccinated. If you, your family members, travel companions or other close contacts are suspected of having COVID-19, you are entitled to a 100% Future Cruise Credit (FCC).

We will closely monitor guidance from government and health authorities and will adapt and evolve this policy accordingly.

First question in the "Before you Sail" section:  https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, JandJ Cruisers said:

WOWZZ.   Where do you find the posting from people currently  on Regal?  

Do you have knowledge if the ship is sailing with full capacity of passengers.  Thanks.

Details come from a social media site that I am not allowed to name.

32 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I did not see anything about having to disembark, test and then wait to re-board

On Regal currently the test is done on board the day prior to turn tound day, so no need to disembark to be tested.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, prmssk said:

I think they just updated the protocol for testing between B2B cruises (at least for the US - I haven't checked the other ones yet) to only require a test in certain circumstances.

Yes, guests can book back-to-back voyages, subject to availability.

Guests ages five and above on back-to-back voyages will need to take a complimentary rapid antigen test within two days of the following voyage, where the following voyage includes a transocean voyage or full Panama Canal transit and the itinerary is 10 days or more.

Guests who test positive for COVID-19 will be denied boarding on the next voyage, together with their family members and close contacts who are not fully vaccinated. If you, your family members, travel companions or other close contacts are suspected of having COVID-19, you are entitled to a 100% Future Cruise Credit (FCC).

First question in the "Before you Sail" section:  https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

This is interesting change (see the bolded phrase):

I can't find any reference to back-to-back cruises in the FAQ for England or Europe.  Was there previously a FAQ related to it previously?  Australia still has a FAQ that mentions B2B testing.

I had read on another board for another cruise line that Greece has stricter requirements so that even with a cruise line that has generally stopped testing B2B, they are still testing on cruises that go to Greece.

14 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I'm fine with that provision.  If we were extending a stay, it's our expense, so no surprise to cover a test for flying if needed. 

What I found interesting was that I could have sworn it was just a few days ago, Princess was tacking on a $60 charge for the antigen test if you needed one to fly back to your home country the same day.

41 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I'm on a smartphone and these were updated by princess as recently as May 11, 2022. Definitely not old info

Just now, Ken the cruiser said:

No worries. That information is now almost a week old! 😂

Someone quote the old website only 14 hours ago and when I checked the FAQ just yesterday, it still had the old language about B2Bs.  Although the date says it was updated May 11, it clearly didn't appear on the website until sometime late yesterday/early today.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

No worries. That information is now almost a week old! 😂

Yep. That was yesterday.  Now there's a May 17th update. Section deleted for UK & Europe.  Still there for US / Canada and  Australia 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I'm on a smartphone and these were updated by princess as recently as May 11, 2022. Definitely not old info

I'd check it again.  I cannot say what it was 6 days ago for sure, but it is the same on my smartphone browser as on my PC.  I believe you were seeing old info or it is changed if you look again now.

ETA:  I see your most recent post indicates you also see the new correct info

Edited by Steelers36

12 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Yep. That was yesterday.  Now there's a May 17th update. Section deleted for UK & Europe.  Still there for US / Canada and  Australia 

But was the bolded phrase (below) present in the May 11 update like it is now in the May 17 update? Update: I just checked and it was in the May 11 update.

Guests ages five and above on back-to-back voyages will need to take a complimentary rapid antigen test within two days of the following voyage, where the following voyage includes a transocean voyage or full Panama Canal transit and the itinerary is 10 days or more.

6 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

But was the bolded phrase (below) present in the May 11 update like it is now in the May 17 update?

Guests ages five and above on back-to-back voyages will need to take a complimentary rapid antigen test within two days of the following voyage, where the following voyage includes a transocean voyage or full Panama Canal transit and the itinerary is 10 days or more.

That quote from the US section was not there yesterday and it listed an update date of May 10.  Today for the US FAQ, it lists an update date of May 11 with that information you quote.  The US FAQ doesn't mention May 17 at all.

The UK, Europe, and Australia FAQs all list a May 17 update date.

See post #38 for what they all said yesterday.

Edited by prmssk
added reference to post 38
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I'd check it again.  I cannot say what it was 6 days ago for sure, but it is the same on my smartphone browser as on my PC.  I believe you were seeing old info or it is changed if you look again now.

ETA:  I see your most recent post indicates you also see the new correct info

Thats why I told someone embarking in September and concerned about regs to look in September.  I'm cruising again June 26, 2022 and I'm looking June 24th. Got caught last time when I looked 3 days before and had to redo my antigen test

4 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

But was the bolded phrase (below) present in the May 11 update like it is now in the May 17 update?

Can't go back on my phone. Once Princess updates health protocols that's all I see. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Note that the listed answer does not say Princess will arrange for or administer the test, only that the cost will be covered.

Those flying out the same day may need to figure out how/where to get tested and results back in time to check in for their flight which is usually advised to be three hours before flight time.

19 minutes ago, caribill said:

Note that the listed answer does not say Princess will arrange for or administer the test, only that the cost will be covered.

Those flying out the same day may need to figure out how/where to get tested and results back in time to check in for their flight which is usually advised to be three hours before flight time.

Interesting. I read the statement differently based on the sentence, highlighted in purple, following the statement you highlighted in red. From the way I read it, Princess will also arrange for any required antigen test besides paying for it, possibly in the terminal after disembarking the ship if you’re flying out the same day. I guess we’ll just have to monitor what actually happens on the Regal as it’s in the Med now. 

If a negative COVID-19 test is required for re-entry into your home country,Princess will cover the costs of tests, provided guests can show proof that their flight arrangements are the same day as they disembark the ship. Guests will need to make their own test arrangements if onward travel is not the day they disembark.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Interesting. I read the statement differently based on the sentence, highlighted in purple, following the statement you highlighted in red. From the way I read it, Princess will also arrange for any required antigen test besides paying for it, possibly in the terminal after disembarking the ship if you’re flying out the same day. I guess we’ll just have to monitor what actually happens on the Regal as it’s in the Med now. 

If a negative COVID-19 test is required for re-entry into your home country,Princess will cover the costs of tests, provided guests can show proof that their flight arrangements are the same day as they disembark the ship. Guests will need to make their own test arrangements if onward travel is not the day they disembark.

It is implied that Princess would provide the test if same day travel.  Not an explicit statement - do you have confidence to take this to the bank?  How hard is it for Princess to write an unambiguous statement?

2 hours ago, ebeluga said:

It is implied that Princess would provide the test if same day travel.  Not an explicit statement - do you have confidence to take this to the bank?  How hard is it for Princess to write an unambiguous statement?

I'll let you know towards the end of June what my confidence level is as we fly to Barcelona on July 1 and hopefully things will be a lot clearer then. Well, one can hope anyway ...🤞

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ombud said:

And we've had 103 yrs to stop the flu. Neither are going to stop. Ever. Time to live with Covid

We almost stopped flu the last two flu seasons. (see https://www.cdc.gov/flu/season/faq-flu-season-2020-2021.htm ) 

Why? Because the same precautions we are doing for Covid also worked extremely well for flu prevention: wear masks (because of Covid) and get the flu vaccine.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I guess we’ll just have to monitor what actually happens on the Regal as it’s in the Med now. 

That may not be a good indication for the current Regal cruise.

On another thread about Alaska cruises ending in Canada, posters said that Princess sent them notices that passengers would be responsible for scheduling the test themselves with options suggested to test at the Vancouver airport, to test at a site near the Vancouver Cruise Terminal or doing a self-test monitored over the internet while still on the ship. However those on the then current voyage still had testing done by Princess on board the day before Vancouver.

So the current Regal cruise may follow the old "rules" while the next Regal cruise may or may not do something different.