NCL Air to Europe

jkbec101

I searched the NCL website and couldn't find anything. 

I have read that NCL only uses full service airlines US based airlines (Delta, United, American) for passengers traveling from the US to Europe.  

Can anyone confirm this?  Has anyone been booked on a foreign based airline, like British Air, Lufthansa, etc.?

Thanks!

There are also the "alliances" that result code-share flights.  You could be booked through one airline but actually be flying on another airline's planes.  Two of the biggest ones are SkyTeam and the Star Alliance.

--booked on Lufthansa, ATL-FRA-ATH...and we cannot pick our seats without $$, our "linked friends" fly ATL-ATH nonstop on Delta, ...picking seats and upgrading...sigh...

53 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

Is there a limit to the length of the layover?  For example, could they book us a flight from JFK to Athens with a 8 hour overnight layover somewhere in Europe?

Yes there is a limit. Don't remember of hands but it's on there website. We got great flights, Columbia SC to Atlanta then direct to Barcelona. 3 hour layover in Atlanta which is fine. Coming back Barcelona to Philadelphia to Columbia, 2 hours in Philadelphia.

On 5/13/2022 at 12:39 PM, jkbec101 said:

I searched the NCL website and couldn't find anything. 

I have read that NCL only uses full service airlines US based airlines (Delta, United, American) for passengers traveling from the US to Europe.  

Can anyone confirm this?  Has anyone been booked on a foreign based airline, like British Air, Lufthansa, etc.?

Thanks!

We fly back from Rome end of June on KLM. (Delta) partner.

We flew Boston to Copehnhagen (and then back) on a direct 9 hour flight on Scandinavian Air.  We took the red eye out and left early in the afternoon on the way back.   Great flights!  We booked the flights through NCL air when they had a flow one get one free promotion.

Edited by Redsky5292

We have used Norwegian for our Greece cruise and one going out of Barcelona and returning from Venice and are using them for our upcoming cruise out of Amsterdam. For the Greece cruise coming home we flew from Athens to Munich on Aegean Air, then Lufthansa to Denver and United from Denver to Phoenix, connection times were pretty tight. Our flight to Barcelona was on Delta to Atlanta then straight to Barcelona..was perfect… then the returning was on Air Dolomiti from Venice to Munich then same flights we had before. Long travel day but I expect that coming from Europe. Our upcoming is great with Phoenix to London then onto Amsterdam, home is Stockholm to JFK then to Phoenix. Overall, we are very pleased with it all and the price was unbeatable and allows us to travel more frequently.

Barcelona was nonstop from Newark on a Friday, arrived Saturday morning. Sailed Sunday afternoon.

Athens was a combination of SAS and Air Canada. We cancelled the cruise so never used the flights. Honestly those are budget carriers so not too excited to fly them to Europe. I have flown SAS in business class years ago. Fine experience, but definitely budget compared to United & Delta.

Hoping for nonstop again from Newark or at worse a hop to another US Gateway then a full-service carrier to Athens: one stop in the US.

I think Norwegian Air may also be an option with NCL.

On 5/13/2022 at 11:26 PM, www3traveler said:

When I flew from Seattle, Washington to London in January 2014, NCL booked me on British Airways nonstop.

NCL use BA when booking flights for UK customers, so I suspect that they often use them for flights to London as well.

2 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

NCL use BA when booking flights for UK customers, so I suspect that they often use them for flights to London as well.

DW is hoping our flight to London for the Prima in August 2023 is on British Airways. (Her late father was an executive with British Airways.) And maybe the flight back from Reykjavik could be on them also. She would be very happy with that.

1 hour ago, tracyfitzs said:

How far out are you all getting your flights assigned? I'm at 46 days and on have a proposed routing (departure only) showing on my booking.

See this thread...

• 1 year later...
On 5/13/2022 at 4:21 PM, murph1031 said:

Yes there is a limit. Don't remember of hands but it's on there website. We got great flights, Columbia SC to Atlanta then direct to Barcelona. 3 hour layover in Atlanta which is fine. Coming back Barcelona to Philadelphia to Columbia, 2 hours in Philadelphia.

Which airline?

Our flights back from Barcelona to Detroit are Air Canada with a 5 hour layover in Montreal.  We were able to pick seats for an extra charge, but checked bags are free.

2 hours ago, JennKach said:

Our flights back from Barcelona to Detroit are Air Canada with a 5 hour layover in Montreal.  We were able to pick seats for an extra charge, but checked bags are free.

This past summer we flew Air Canada from Newark to Montreal to Heathrow in London. I was talking to the rep to make sure they had our passport numbers, frequent flyer information, and that we were requesting vegetarian meals. i mentioned after the flight we were going on a cruise and would be celebrating our 46th anniversary. He said wait, let me get back to you, and when he came back he let us pick seats in advance for free. 😊

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Our July flight to Venice is from EI (Aer Lingus) from JFK to Dub to VCE and inbound from Vueling and EI, Bar to Dub to JFK. Anyone has experience on these airlines?