Saint Greg's Splendor - Seattle to Alaska - Live - May 24-31

Saint Greg

Had an internet outage.

More confusion. The buffet isn’t supposed to open until 7:30. At the time of this pic it is what’s supposed to be 7am ship  time. But 8am Seattle time. People in this line are talking about it. 

I can’t upload pictures. I had a little breakfast. Got another coffee. Stopped by guest services to let them know how messed up the time is. She admitted the hub app is wrong but seemed to blame the rest on guest confusion. 

They’re confused because you have the hub app on Seattle time. And you’re opening all of your venues on Seattle time. And you don’t have clocks in the elevator lobbies and stairwells like other ships have. All we have is the hub app. And it’s wrong.

Is my excursion leaving on Seattle time or Alaska time? They say Alaska’s but everything else today has been on Seattle time.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

This is why I can’t get down with Alaska. I don’t wanna be cold on a cruise. 

I can’t get down with going to Cozumel for a 20th time. It has its positives. The first night I thought my room was too warm. It’s not anymore.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Just now, Saint Greg said:

My shower on the other hand has three temperatures. Really hot, Really really hotter, And rain from the sun.

I believe Sun Rain is the brand of that Habanero Vodka in the Alchem... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hang in there - Tracy Arm will be so worth it!  I was just on Spirit May 3-10 (had been four years since last cruise - NCL Epic TA) and it was the highlight - OK, it was my 3rd Alaska cruise, but, still....  Yes to all the confusing things with time, documents, weather, waves, wi-fi connections, and so on and so on....  Keep the honest and real-time reports coming, please.  North to Alaska............

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

My shower on the other hand has three temperatures. Really hot, Really really hotter, And rain from the sun.

Ouch!

Please let us know if they allow anyone in the pools. What about the hot tubs. Are they open or roped off?

27 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I've had a shower like that on the Miracle but the temps were really really hot, rain from the sun, and colder than the Alaskan waters. There was no in-between. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

most were dressed warm. I was one hanging onto my last day in shorts and a t-shirt. Everyone pretty much stayed inside. It really helps that lido has a roof.

Now I’m in my typical jeans, polo evening wear. I’ll break out the cold weather gear in the morning.

I have everything on your list except for boots.

Please let me know how the gloves worked as ours arrived yesterday

• Like 2

Okay still can’t post pictures but can post now. I left odd outside drinking a Bloody Mary. Came in got a shot of fireball. Never had one on a ship but it’s my hockey game drink. If I go to a hockey game I get a fireball before the game and at each intermission.

Then I got a 50th birthday martini I meant to get last cruise but forgot. Another Bloody Mary. Back to the room to check for laundry. No laundry. They announced seals

on star side. I ran out forgetting my card. No seals. Found my steward to let me in the room. They announced whales on the star side. I ran out with my card. No whales….not in the water at least. Back to the room. I noticed I hadn’t charged my charger. I broke out my three plug plug

i got at dollar tree 9 years ago and got it going. I’m getting some juice from my old one now which works but you have to hold it just right. Caress it just right.

Came Back down to atrium bar. Another fireball. Another bloody mary. A screwdriver and I’m about to get another screwdriver to take to brunch.

They fixed the time thing.

3AB32ACA-8275-413E-AA2B-F2A554FA41C0.jpeg

• Like 8

Okay… a lot of catching up to do if I can post photos now.

3 hours ago, Roscoe13 said:

I believe Sun Rain is the brand of that Habanero Vodka in the Alchem... 

I’m going to call my showers Kinach A’howers.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

These were waiting for me in the box.

26F9835F-63A3-45EA-8190-C57899BF6E7A.jpeg

02F0EC90-7E33-48FF-A093-2A80A55A4047.jpeg

you can try and download the eDeclaration App and do it on your phone not sure how your wifi is.  I dont use the paper form anymore.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ragdollbd said:

ArriveCan emails you the confirmation with a QR code.  Once they scan my passport at customs, all the information you entered in ArriveCan app shows up.  I have never had to show my QR code yet.

In Edmonton you need to scan both your passport and QR code at the arrivals kiosks before they send you through to the Customs line.

• Like 1