Saint Greg's Splendor - Seattle to Alaska - Live - May 24-31

Saint Greg

14 hours ago, Buffettfan 225 said:

If I may, Best ever excursion taken on a cruise. We did same tour on Carnival end of July 2016, and was the only day of cruise it totally rained, sun rest of week.

I waanted to post because wanted to let other cruisers know rain made for great Glacier Calving videos.  So do not cancel if raining- just prepare and pack a raincoat and a chamois for camera. 

Saint Greg-  really like clarity of your photos and colors. Following review. Thnx

I plan on doing if offered and I can get tickets. I periodically check, but since our cruise is over a year out, I can probably wait longer between checks.

Welp, @Saint Greg, I tested positive for Covid on a PCR test today. I am guessing it was going around on our cruise ship. Fortunately, I don't feel that bad other than a scratchy throat, but my husband is feeling pretty rough. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Welp, @Saint Greg, I tested positive for Covid on a PCR test today. I am guessing it was going around on our cruise ship. Fortunately, I don't feel that bad other than a scratchy throat, but my husband is feeling pretty rough. 

Sorry to hear that you also tested positive, but hope you have a mild case.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Yeah it’s sounding like it’s a lot of people. Hopefully it didn’t carry over to the next cruise. Hopefully y’all come out good. I’m feeling pretty normal. Occasional cough. My biggest problem is jalapeños taste bad.

• Like 5

On 6/3/2022 at 10:33 AM, Saint Greg said:

Maybe but doubt it. I was in the front row of the plane. Nobody seemed sick. I’m not the only one.  A lot of people from my cruise have it. It’s hanging right around 30% of people who have responded. 

Well fortunately, daughter, sister and niece are still Covid free at this time. Man, that would REALLY suck to get Covid just after Norovirus!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

No covid for you @Selenatx right?

Well, yesterday I tested positive.  After reading about you saying your food tasted gross, the same thing happened to me when I ate breakfast yesterday.  That's what made me test.  I really haven't felt bad, just tired like I always am after a cruise.  I have noticed my temperature is running about 99.8 but no chills etc.  Actually I feel fine.  Hopefully it stays that way.  I think the isolation thing is the hardest.  But our trip was so awesome I'm trying not to complain too much lol. 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Maybe someone will print some shirts “I went to Alaska and all I got was this T-Shirt…and COVID-19.

This is why I’m glad that I am getting my COVID done out of the way before my cruise.  

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Selenatx said:

Well, yesterday I tested positive.  After reading about you saying your food tasted gross, the same thing happened to me when I ate breakfast yesterday.  That's what made me test.  I really haven't felt bad, just tired like I always am after a cruise.  I have noticed my temperature is running about 99.8 but no chills etc.  Actually I feel fine.  Hopefully it stays that way.  I think the isolation thing is the hardest.  But our trip was so awesome I'm trying not to complain too much lol. 

That's almost all of us. I have to wonder how @Hooked Already is doing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah it’s sounding like it’s a lot of people. Hopefully it didn’t carry over to the next cruise. Hopefully y’all come out good. I’m feeling pretty normal. Occasional cough. My biggest problem is jalapeños taste bad.

Anything but jalapeños.  I lost sense of smell last fall, glad it wasn’t taste.  Btw, great review.  Makes me want to go back to Alaska.  On the Panorama now, hoping we don’t experience the Covid cases like you all did. 

• Like 4

On 6/3/2022 at 6:14 PM, Eli_6 said:

My husband tested positive.  He has Covid, too. Another one from our cruise.  I tested negative on the at home test, but also did a PCR test that I am waiting for the results on.

Really sorry. Did you make it home first, or are you still stuck in Seattle?

Does anyone know how many ended up getting Covid during or afterward? (From discussions on social media, etc?)

7 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Really sorry. Did you make it home first, or are you still stuck in Seattle?

Does anyone know how many ended up getting Covid during or afterward? (From discussions on social media, etc?)

DDDA9766-920E-496C-A1A0-86E359D4F73B.thumb.jpeg.85a1ee8c799662ea0b0412feac428945.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah I believe that’s about a 5% sample size. 32% of the votes. If that sample were true for the entire ship I think it would be 700 people.

But remember, one positive test could be one person in a party of 8 depending on how people associated parties.  

On 6/3/2022 at 12:11 PM, SeaHunt said:

Sorry that you are Covid positive, but at least you didn't get the "other" thing that was going around the ship at the same time (well, at least not mentioned!). Hmm, if it was Noro and you had both, would that be a case of "CoNo"? 😄

Would you call it NoroVid, CoviNoro or CoroNoro?

• Haha 2