Live Caribbean Princess May 14th

Tak8

1 hour ago, Nhsaltshaker said:

Do you mean all cabins starting with #7 had this problem?

Yes, according to my cabin steward.  We were in E725. 

I used to crew chat to report the problem and got a response of yes we know and we're working on it.  No follow up, no updates and no apology.  I asked where the closest public working toilet to my cabin was and never got an answer. 

24 minutes ago, sewingmolly said:

I used to crew chat to report the problem 

Not trying to hijack this thread but can anyone tell me what crew chat is? I've been reading about it on these boards and it seems helpful but no clue what it is--part of the Medallion app?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, NoWhiners said:

Not trying to hijack this thread but can anyone tell me what crew chat is? I've been reading about it on these boards and it seems helpful but no clue what it is--part of the Medallion app?

Thanks.

Yes it's part of the Medallion app.  I'm not a fan of the app.  I couldn't get most of it to work for me prior to our cruise.  It worked better on the cruise after I deleted it and downloaded it again.  It took all day for it to download. 

34 minutes ago, sewingmolly said:

Yes it's part of the Medallion app.  I'm not a fan of the app.  I couldn't get most of it to work for me prior to our cruise.  It worked better on the cruise after I deleted it and downloaded it again.  It took all day for it to download. 

Thank you, that helps. I'm not looking forward to using the app, it seems inconsistent in whether or not it works. And I just a read a thread about the update not being much better. We don't cruise until October, so maybe by then it will be better.

Thanks again.

4 hours ago, sewingmolly said:

Yes, according to my cabin steward.  We were in E725. 

I used to crew chat to report the problem and got a response of yes we know and we're working on it.  No follow up, no updates and no apology.  I asked where the closest public working toilet to my cabin was and never got an answer. 

One deck down on promenade  near the lounge. 

1 hour ago, Dreamer333 said:

Did Princess change it to 3 days prior to cruise? It was previously 2 days. 

The last I saw it was still 2 days.  I did mine Thursday for the Saturday sailing.  Walgreens was free for the NAAT test.  The day I was in Ft. Lauderdale I saw many people standing around the Lab Doctor clinic.  I had them as my back up in case something happened with Walgreens. 

2 hours ago, Dreamer333 said:

35 minutes ago, Tak8 said:

The last I saw it was still 2 days.  I did mine Thursday for the Saturday sailing.  Walgreens was free for the NAAT test.  The day I was in Ft. Lauderdale I saw many people standing around the Lab Doctor clinic.  I had them as my back up in case something happened with Walgreens. 

A number of weeks ago, they changed the timing depending on whether you are just "Fully Vaccinated" (2 shots of Moderna/Pfizer or 1 shot of J&J) or whether you are "Up to Date" with a booster shot.

See the first FAQ about testing.

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dreamer333 said:

We are considered "up to date" on our vaccines so it's 3 days prior for us.  Here's the verbiage from the Princess website.

image.png.af5d4a15a304e1cadf1a48bdc0c72e8e.png

I was on the Dolphin deck and did not have a working toilet for three days, after that it was only good for one flush. Reported the problem to guest services everyday but they had an “I do note care attitude”, got a $5O onboard credit for our troubles😂 other guest on the same floor had the same problem. 

1 hour ago, Hap1964 said:

I was on the Dolphin deck and did not have a working toilet for three days, after that it was only good for one flush. Reported the problem to guest services everyday but they had an “I do note care attitude”, got a $5O onboard credit for our troubles😂 other guest on the same floor had the same problem. 

Where on Dolphin deck was your cabin?

2 hours ago, Hap1964 said:

I'm really appalled by Princess's disregard of this problem.  Not having a working toilet for 3 days of a 7 days cruise seems to me like you should get 50% off of your cruise fare.  I think I was in your situation, I would have tried to get moved to a different cabin, even one in the covid wing. 

19 minutes ago, sewingmolly said:

I'm really appalled by Princess's disregard of this problem.  Not having a working toilet for 3 days of a 7 days cruise seems to me like you should get 50% off of your cruise fare.  I think I was in your situation, I would have tried to get moved to a different cabin, even one in the covid wing. 

We requested to change cabins but they said that no cabins were available, when I replied” what if the toilet isn’t fixed” guest services” the plumber is very busy but is aware of your problem” and if it keeps breaking after the plumber shows up ‘which it did everyday. The smug guest service rep ” then we will keep sending the plumber”

6 hours ago, Tak8 said:

I did my test Wednesday for the Saturday cruise and it was acceptable for boarding.  My daughter was tested Thursday at Walgreens and did not get her test back in time, but Princess tested her for free at the Terminal since she had proof that she had taken the test 2 days prior.

13 minutes ago, Hap1964 said:

We requested to change cabins but they said that no cabins were available, when I replied” what if the toilet isn’t fixed” guest services” the plumber is very busy but is aware of your problem” and if it keeps breaking after the plumber shows up ‘which it did everyday. The smug guest service rep ” then we will keep sending the plumber”

Very sorry to hear about not have the very basics of a working toilet.  And to think that you had to spend your hard earned money for this. 

I'm thinking/speculating that all the plumbing problems are a result of a lot of people using the supposed flushable sanitizer wipes.    I have no proof, but it's my suspicion.   

Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 12.49.17 PM.png

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Hap1964 said:

We requested to change cabins but they said that no cabins were available, when I replied” what if the toilet isn’t fixed” guest services” the plumber is very busy but is aware of your problem” and if it keeps breaking after the plumber shows up ‘which it did everyday. The smug guest service rep ” then we will keep sending the plumber

And I thought we had some shi**y service!😟

@Tak8. ..did you or anyone on the ship have to fill out the Bahamas health form? Someone on my roll call for June just posted that even to go to the private island it had to be filled out and paid for...we have been given ni info so I am hoping that princess just does it?

18 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

@Tak8. ..did you or anyone on the ship have to fill out the Bahamas health form? Someone on my roll call for June just posted that even to go to the private island it had to be filled out and paid for...we have been given ni info so I am hoping that princess just does it?

No, we did not have to fill out a health form for the Princess Cays stop.