Hotel Inside Miami Airport

CrusinCyndi

We will be sailing in August on the Carnival Horizon leaving out of Miami.  Can anyone tell me their thoughts on the hotel that is inside the Miami airport?

I have heard a little bit about it, but the convenience as well as mobility issues with the husband is the reason why we are thinking of staying there.

We are flying in 2 days before the cruise and flying out 1 day after the cruise. With all the flight problems lately, we have opted to fly in earlier then we normally would.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  

Thank you in advance for your responses.

If you were arriving late the night before your cruise it might be a good option, but two days at the MIA airport is cruel and unusual punishment. 😲

Lots of downtown hotels will offer nearby dining, shopping and sightseeing options - Hampton Inn Mary Brickel is the most often suggested option among many others.  If you prefer a hotel with a view of the port try the Doubletree Biscayne, the next-door Marriott, or the Intercontinental.  Taxis and Uber/Lyft are easy to access for the MIA airport to get you to your hotel (and also from the hotel to POM).

• Like 3

The Intercontinental Hotel is a wonderful hotel just minutes away from the Port Of Miami. Plenty of things to do in the days before your cruise. No way would I spent two nights at the Miami Airport Hotel.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CrusinCyndi said:

Thank you in advance for your responses.

I have never stayed at this hotel; have had no reason to do so.  I accessed the link that KINGBOBOFTHENORTH provided and saw that concierge services are available.  If you would choose to use this hotel for a 2 night stay, a concierge could help with suggestions and arrangements for what to do during your stay.  Only one restaurant and lounge, but, many name-brand hotels of a smaller size have that as well.

Thank you for all of your input!

We decided to stay at another hotel for the 2 days prior to the cruise. I just did not feel comfortable staying for 2 days at this hotel.  However that being said, we are going to stay at this hotel after the cruise and fly out the next morning back to Chicago. That will be more convenient for us.  

Thanks again everybody !!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1