Transportation from downtown Miami hotel to Cruise Terminal

lollyp

Hello!

My two teenage daughters, 70+ year old mom and I will be staying at the Intercontinental in downtown Miami for one night before we head to the cruise terminal to board Freedom of the Seas for a quick 3-day to Coco Cay.   Can anyone suggest a reliable form of transportation from the Miami airport to the Intercontinental, then the following morning, Intercontinental to the terminal, and then the terminal to the airport on the day we disembark? This is our first cruise without my dad, who normally handled EVERYTHING...the rest of us just enjoyed the fruits of his labor!  Any advice appreciated.  Thank you!  We will be on the June 10-13 cruise.

Cab from the airport to the hotel...it is a flat rate charge...cab or Uber from the hotel to the cruise port...shuttle from the ship to the airport...lots of them and they are cheap, usually around $10pp.

We do that every time we sail from Miami.

Enjoy the cruise.

• Like 1

We took hotel shuttle from airport to hotel, Uber from hotel to cruise terminal and cab from terminal back to airport. Uber was most reliable in terms of getting to the terminal and the driver was friendly and prompt. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VernRDH said:

We took hotel shuttle from airport to hotel, Uber from hotel to cruise terminal and cab from terminal back to airport. Uber was most reliable in terms of getting to the terminal and the driver was friendly and prompt. 

When I booked at the Intercontinental, they said their hotel shuttles were not running due to Covid...I'm going to check back at the end of May and see if perhaps they are running again.  Uber where we are in CA is not always reliable (post-Covid) so I'm hoping that area in Miami is more dependable!

4 hours ago, CaptainBazz said:

Cab from the airport to the hotel...it is a flat rate charge...cab or Uber from the hotel to the cruise port...shuttle from the ship to the airport...lots of them and they are cheap, usually around $10pp.

We do that every time we sail from Miami.

Enjoy the cruise.

Any good shuttle companies you would recommend? With a cab, can I "book" the trip before we get there?  We will be coming in on a red eye, and between that and "managing" my two teenagers and my 70+ year old mom, I'm hoping to get as much of this secured before we leave!  Thanks for the suggestions 🙂

7 hours ago, CaptainBazz said:

shuttle from the ship to the airport...lots of them and they are cheap, usually around $10pp.

Shuttle prices are per person; for OP and family that could be $40 or more.  Uber, Lyft or a van taxi (same price as a sedan and probably more comfortable for a party of 4) would be cheaper.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lollyp said:

Any good shuttle companies you would recommend? With a cab, can I "book" the trip before we get there?  We will be coming in on a red eye, and between that and "managing" my two teenagers and my 70+ year old mom, I'm hoping to get as much of this secured before we leave!  Thanks for the suggestions 🙂

Ask the hotel front desk to call a van taxi for your group when you are ready to leave - they know who is reliable and taxis are readily available throughout downtown Miami - you should not wait more than a few minutes.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, lollyp said:

Any good shuttle companies you would recommend?

Sorry, I don't keep track of names. We just use any shuttle that is waiting when we get off the ship. There are only two of us so a shuttle is usually the cheapest option.

As @capriccio says, with there being four of you it may not be the cheapest option. 

Port of Miami always has lots of options to get to the airport, you won't have any issues.

• Like 1

Flat rate taxi fare between POM and MIA is about $28+tip (ignore the meter if they turn it on).  Same fare for standard cabs and SUV & van taxis.  With 4 plus bags wait for a van/SUV cab to come up in the line.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Eagle 44 said:

Please help: I got a rate of $40.00 from Miami airport to Homewood suite at Dolphin Mall and $55.00 from the hotel to port of Miami. Are these rates reasonable?

For a taxi or Uber/Lyft? 🤔

10 hours ago, Eagle 44 said:

Lyft - is it  reasonable?

Or is taxi a flat rate of $30.00 from airport to Homwwood suite at Dolphin Mall. Thank you

Welcome to the boards! 😎

I always check both Uber and Lyft to compare rates and wait times.  Typically, but not always, they are the same or less than a cab (and in Miami I have always had better service).

Try this link to check taxi rates to your hotel near Dolphin Mall: Taxis & Ride App - Miami International Airport (miami-airport.com)