Our Marvelous Mardi Gras B2B (with pics!) - April 23rd, 2022

Jamman54

This was an amazing trip report. I thank you both very much for all of the insights and photos. I can't imagine how much time you spent putting this together. It took me two evenings just reading through thirty tabs of posts. We cruise on Holland America line which we really enjoy, but the Mardi Gras is just beautiful. Thanks again!

• Like 1

THANKS so much for the great reviews, Love to read them and look at all Patti's pictures, She does  GREAT JOB. Can you tell me what other ships you have reviews for, love to see places I will not see again.

Thanks so much Beach47

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BEACH47 said:

THANKS so much for the great reviews, Love to read them and look at all Patti's pictures, She does  GREAT JOB. Can you tell me what other ships you have reviews for, love to see places I will not see again.

Thanks so much Beach47

Thanks for reading! Here is the link to our other reviews.

Our Picture Reviews

20 hours ago, expectGREATthings said:

This was an amazing trip report. I thank you both very much for all of the insights and photos. I can't imagine how much time you spent putting this together. It took me two evenings just reading through thirty tabs of posts. We cruise on Holland America line which we really enjoy, but the Mardi Gras is just beautiful. Thanks again!

Thanks so much for reading and your kind words! :classic_biggrin:

• 4 weeks later...

Amazing review and photos! I searched CC for info on Celebration and somehow hit upon this thread and not sure how I missed it before. We booked Celebration for January, so this is providing a great idea of layout and all those special venues that will hopefully be similar on Celebration. Thanks for all the tips.

1 hour ago, ober134 said:

Amazing review and photos! I searched CC for info on Celebration and somehow hit upon this thread and not sure how I missed it before. We booked Celebration for January, so this is providing a great idea of layout and all those special venues that will hopefully be similar on Celebration. Thanks for all the tips.

Thanks for reading and your kind words. Enjoy your cruise on the Celebration. We have to wait until April for our turn.😎

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2022 at 6:54 PM, Jamman54 said:

Post Cruise  (May 8th)  -  Happy Mother’s Day!!! 

Happy Mother’s Day!!! This is going to be short and sweet since the camera was put away for most of the day. The morning was spent relaxing, and working on the pictures for the review. It’s a beautiful day, and around noon we hopped in the car and headed to Crystal River, Florida which is about an hour and a half away. It’s located on the west coast, north of Tampa…….

JSCF6395-X2.jpg

Just about every time we are down in Florida, we visit with our friends Howard and Elle……

JSCF6393-X2.jpg

JSCF6394-X2.jpg

Howard has been my PVP with Carnival for going on fourteen years. After walking around Heritage Village and checking out some of the shops, we went and had dinner at Stumpknocker’s.

JSCF6396-X2.jpg

After a great dinner and visit, we made our way back to the Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando, getting back at 9pm.

To be continued……

Wonderful review as always Jeff. I was wondering if you would share your PVP's contact info. I have always done it on my own, but it would nice to have some help sometimes. We leave on the Pride on 9/2 out of Dover, England on our first Mediterranean Cruise. 

15 minutes ago, jdevine said:

Wonderful review as always Jeff. I was wondering if you would share your PVP's contact info. I have always done it on my own, but it would nice to have some help sometimes. We leave on the Pride on 9/2 out of Dover, England on our first Mediterranean Cruise. 

Thanks for reading! Forum rules do not allow me to post my PVP's information, but if you want to share your email I can. 😎

22 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Thanks for reading! Forum rules do not allow me to post my PVP's information, but if you want to share your email I can. 😎

Thanks was not trying to be a rule breaker 😈

An email would be great, jdevine14@hotmail.com

Again much appreciated. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

LOL, Jamman, I think you opened a can of worms!!!  Both you AND your PVP are going to be answering a lot of requests!!!

giphy.gif

I just wanted to find out how Jeff's PVP has been doing with response times lately. My original PVP that I used for years passed away and I am not exactly thrilled with how long it has been taking my new PVP to respond. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, canes20 said:

giphy.gif

I just wanted to find out how Jeff's PVP has been doing with response times lately. My original PVP that I used for years passed away and I am not exactly thrilled with how long it has been taking my new PVP to respond. 

I've got the PVP for you!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2022 at 4:19 PM, Jamman54 said:

Day # 1 (April 23rd)  -  We board the Mardi Gras!!!

We were up at 6am to get ready for the big day! Weather wise, it was going to be a beautiful sunny day. We finish re-arranging and packing our suitcases, and then went downstairs to have a light breakfast. Afterwards, Patti got these pictures of four of the five ships in port today from the hallway windows up on the 6th floor. The only ship missing was the Disney Fantasy. Here’s the Carnival Magic…..

IMG_0711-X2.jpg

The Norwegian Escape…..

IMG_0713-X2.jpg

The Mariner of the Seas…..

IMG_0712-X2.jpg

And off in the distance, the Mardi Gras…..

IMG_0715-X2.jpg

We checked out of the Hampton Inn at 9am. Patti and I really enjoyed staying here, and plan to return here in the future. We loaded up the car and then headed for Terminal 3. Here are the signs for the terminals…..

IMG_0720-X2.jpg

We have entered the port…..

IMG_0721-X2.jpg

IMG_0722-X2.jpg

We are approaching Terminal 3 and the Mardi Gras…..

IMG_0725-X2.jpg

There was no line at all entering the parking garage…….

IMG_0730-X2.jpg

We were directed down to the end, where porters were waiting to take your luggage…..

IMG_0731-X2.jpg

You then continued up the ramp to the second level where you paid for your parking. You handed the attendant your credit card, he stuck it into the machine, and you were charged $136 for the week. You weren’t given a ticket or receipt since you wouldn’t be stopped or checked in any way when you left the garage after your cruise…….

IMG_0733-X2.jpg

To be continued……

a quick question!  They o lay charged you for 8 days even though you did a back to back?  We are leaving for our B2B Mardi Gras cruise and we were wondering how would they know your car is in the garage more than a 7 day cruise?

• Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 9:32 PM, Jamman54 said:

I think they may be a combination of a cooler and a pool safe. One end has a keypad and I can make out the word "safe" in the writing. Thank goodness Patti takes pictures of everything! :classic_biggrin:

IMG_2552-X2.jpg

IMG_2564-X2.jpg

That is exactly what they are. A cooler and safe. First Visit there we went over to where they were and you got 2 chairs, an Umbrella and the cooler/Safe for around $50.00 for the day. This area also had wait staff to bring food and drinks which was a huge plus as bar lines we very long!

• Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 8:47 PM, ksmcdonald said:

a quick question!  They o lay charged you for 8 days even though you did a back to back?  We are leaving for our B2B Mardi Gras cruise and we were wondering how would they know your car is in the garage more than a 7 day cruise?

We were charged for 7 days. They gave no receipt or anything to put on your dashboard to prove that you paid, so there was no way they could check to see how long your car was there. There's no check on  the way out either. Now, that was back in April. YMMV.😎

Thank yo so much for this awesome review. I am cruising Mardi Gras for the 1st time in January and can't wait. Your photos have so much information that I was hoping to get in advance. Your wife is so talented and takes so many great pics for a review. I also love your writing style. I was sucked in for 3 hours last night and I am only half way through! I shared your post with a group of people who will be sailing in January so they could get a sneak peak as well! Thanks Again!! 

• Thanks 1

On 9/20/2022 at 2:04 PM, iriecruising said:

Thank yo so much for this awesome review. I am cruising Mardi Gras for the 1st time in January and can't wait. Your photos have so much information that I was hoping to get in advance. Your wife is so talented and takes so many great pics for a review. I also love your writing style. I was sucked in for 3 hours last night and I am only half way through! I shared your post with a group of people who will be sailing in January so they could get a sneak peak as well! Thanks Again!! 

Glad that you are enjoying it and it is being helpful. That's what we try to do. Any questions, ask away! 

• Like 1