Our Marvelous Mardi Gras B2B (with pics!) - April 23rd, 2022

Jamman54

Later on, we drove over to the Bahama Breeze Island Grille for dinner…..

JSCF6882-X2.jpg

JSCF6894-X2.jpg

JSCF6893-X2.jpg

We are ready for our first drinks of the day…..

JSCF6887-X2.jpg

For our appetizers Patti had the spinach and artichoke dip, and I had the beef empanadas……

JSCF6883-X2.jpg

JSCF6885-X2.jpg

I then had the seafood platter, and Patti had the salmon……

JSCF6888-X2.jpg

JSCF6891-X2.jpg

It was a great last dinner in Orlando. Back at the room, we completed our packing and loaded up the car for the ride home. We want to get a quick start in the morning.

To be continued……

• Like 7

Post Cruise  (May 13th & 14th)  -  Heading Home!!! 

We were up at 3:30am, yes that’s right, 3:30am. We want to get out of Dodge as quickly as possible. If you’ve ever been on I-4 around Orlando during rush hour, you would understand. We showered, and then packed up the rest of our things, and loaded up the car. We checked out, cancelled the extra two days that we had booked just in case, and hit the road at 5am.

A couple of hours later we were approaching Jacksonville. Not wanting to go through the city during the morning rush, we hopped on I-295 which circles around the city. We came to the Dames Point Bridge, which is the bridge you sail under if you sail from Jacksonville……

JSCF6895-X2.jpg

JSCF6899-X2.jpg

JSCF6902-X2.jpg

JSCF6905-X2.jpg

A little while later we stopped for breakfast at Patti’s favorite place in Kingsland, Georgia…..

JSCF6907-X2.jpg

Around five hours later we come to this I-95 icon once again. I had read that they were going to tear this place down, but it’s still here and as tacky as ever……

JSCF6908-X2.jpg

JSCF6911-X2.jpg

JSCF6912-X2.jpg

JSCF6914-X2.jpg

JSCF6916-X2.jpg

JSCF6918-X2.jpg

To be continued…….

• Like 7

After ten hours on the road it’s time to call it a day. We had reserved a room at the Country Inn & Suites in Wilson, North Carolina in advance…..

JSCF6969-X2.jpg

We were given Room # 402…..

JSCF6919-X2.jpg

JSCF6923-X2.jpg

JSCF6924-X2.jpg

JSCF6927-X2.jpg

JSCF6928-X2.jpg

JSCF6929-X2.jpg

JSCF6930-X2.jpg

JSCF6931-X2.jpg

JSCF6921-X2.jpg

JSCF6922-X2.jpg

Here’s the view out of our room window……

JSCF6925-X2.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 3

Once we got settled we drove to a nearby Chili’s to have some dinner. These drinks tasted so good after a long day on the road…..

JSCF6935-X2.jpg

I had some boneless wings and fries, while Patti had soup and a salad…..

JSCF6936-X2.jpg

JSCF6940-X2.jpg

When we got back to the hotel we saw a beautiful rainbow…..

JSCF6965-X2.jpg

JSCF6966-X2.jpg

JSCF6949-X2.jpg

Patti then went around the hotel checking out some of the venues. Here’s the pool…..

JSCF6944-X2.jpg

JSCF6945-X2.jpg

This is the Fitness Center…..

JSCF6953-X2.jpg

JSCF6954-X2.jpg

Here is the Laundry Room….

JSCF6957-X2.jpg

JSCF6941-X2.jpg

This is the Breakfast Room…..

JSCF6960-X2.jpg

JSCF6961-X2.jpg

Afterwards, we were pretty tired so we crashed for the night.

The next morning we were up at 7am. We showered, dressed, and then partook of the free hotel breakfast. After checking out, Patti wanted to check out the Cracker Barrel across the street. I dropped her off and went to gas up the car. I went back to pick her up and we were back on the road heading north on I-95 at 9am.

We had an easy drive until we hit northern Virginia where we ran into some traffic. We made back to Somerset, New Jersey at 4:30pm, but before heading home we stopped at 20/20 Taphouse for dinner. Ryan came and joined us there. We finally pulled into our driveway at 6pm, unloaded the car, and unpacked, another two cruises completed. THE END.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

Thank you very much for your great review. I have been following along and enjoyed your narration along with Patti’s wonderful pictures. Our cruise on the Marci Gras isn’t until next April but I felt like I was almost there with y’all. Again, thank you and I look forward to reading more of your reviews from your future sailings. Hopefully, sometime in the future our paths will cross and I can buy you a bucket of beer.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, we b cruzin said:

Thank you very much for your great review. I have been following along and enjoyed your narration along with Patti’s wonderful pictures. Our cruise on the Marci Gras isn’t until next April but I felt like I was almost there with y’all. Again, thank you and I look forward to reading more of your reviews from your future sailings. Hopefully, sometime in the future our paths will cross and I can buy you a bucket of beer.

Thanks for following along and for your kind words. Looking forward to sharing some beers with you in the future! :classic_laugh:

10 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Bravo! Excelente! Love your review! Thanks for sharing! 👍

Boy howdy. You sure dodged the bullet on your car breakdown! I was fearing a $1k expense too! 

Thanks so much for following along!  We sure did dodge a bullet! We were very happy how it turned out in the end. Of course, if I had been paying attention.......:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Indiansbaseball said:

Another EXCELLENT review ! Hope to catch you guys on a Carnival Cruise Ship in the future !! 
Jen and Jim 

Thanks for following along once again! We look forward to that day! :classic_cool:

Loved reading your review and looking at all of the photos; now what am I going to do with all of my spare time since we are at the end of this review?       Looks like I'll have to pull up one of your older ones!    Thank you!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, peggisue said:

Loved reading your review and looking at all of the photos; now what am I going to do with all of my spare time since we are at the end of this review?       Looks like I'll have to pull up one of your older ones!    Thank you!!

Thanks so much! In another couple of months we'll be doing another one! :classic_laugh:

Bravo Jeff and Patti! Another wonderful review and pictorial. I feel almost like I was there with you. Glad your car repair wasn’t too expensive. I bet you were glad to see Ryan and your kitty though.it’s nice to travel but always nice to get home too. Cheers until next time!

Sharon

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sp2 said:

Bravo Jeff and Patti! Another wonderful review and pictorial. I feel almost like I was there with you. Glad your car repair wasn’t too expensive. I bet you were glad to see Ryan and your kitty though.it’s nice to travel but always nice to get home too. Cheers until next time!

Sharon

Thanks so much Sharon! Always glad to have you along with us! :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

I've never seen a hot tub that large. Do they make them that big? :classic_unsure:

I think the shape or the angle or both  makes it look smaller at first glance. To me at least. There are some pretty good sized hot tubs in Cancun though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I think the shape or the angle or both  makes it look smaller at first glance. To me at least. There are some pretty good sized hot tubs in Cancun though. 

With a 5 foot depth? Wow. Learn something every day. To me, that looks like a small swimming pool. The give away, is a ladder with hand rails going down. No biggie. 

12 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

With a 5 foot depth? Wow. Learn something every day. To me, that looks like a small swimming pool. The give away, is a ladder with hand rails going down. No biggie. 

First picture says three. Seems like a biggie to you for some reason. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

First picture says three. Seems like a biggie to you for some reason. 

You are correct. A 3' step in depth does not indicate a hot tub to me, as Jeff's description states. Like I said, no biggie.