Decorate your balcony?

gordylad

This might sound crazy but when we were docked in the Caribbean on the Equinox I'm sure one of the Celebrity M Class ships was docked and a few balconies had decorations. I'm sure they had caribbean screens on their balcony dividers [or was it towels] who knows but I'm curious if anyone else has seen this as it looked pretty cool!!

The only other thing I have seen on a balcony is a couple below us who were sitting out in the evening with a candle going on the table [ouch]......

A real candle and not one of the battery powered one? That should have been quietly reported- so dangerous! 

As far as decorations- have never seen it and every cruise I have been on has made a point of saying nothing on balcony. But then not everyone follows the rules (see paragraph above!). It may be different (or overlooked) while docked. 

On a Canadian cruise a balcony above and to the side of ours was decorated. The tighty whities and 40DDD bra looked so cute hanging from the clothes line I wondered why more people didn't decorate. 

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU
  • Haha 9

During the muster and safety drill they tell you not to have or leave anything on your balcony other than what is part of it.    

Happy cruising 🌊🇺🇸🚢🌅

Room Stewards are supposed to either remove or report anything that is on a balcony. That can be dangerous when the ship is moving at sea for items to be out there, not to mention trash to fly overboard. The only thing I leave out there is my GoPro mounted to a camera support for long exposures. 🙂 

7 minutes ago, WheresWalter said:

Room Stewards are supposed to either remove or report anything that is on a balcony. That can be dangerous when the ship is moving at sea for items to be out there, not to mention trash to fly overboard. The only thing I leave out there is my GoPro mounted to a camera support for long exposures. 🙂 

On the balcony of our first Aqua cabin there was a cigarette butt on the balcony table.  I quickly ran into the hallway, found the steward who we had just met and firmly asked him to remove the cigarette butt.  That was probably the only time I ever demanded anything from a room steward, I was quite upset that he obviously hadn’t checked or cleaned our balcony.

I had no intention of throwing it in the trash myself.

22 hours ago, gordylad said:

This might sound crazy but when we were docked in the Caribbean on the Equinox I'm sure one of the Celebrity M Class ships was docked and a few balconies had decorations. I'm sure they had caribbean screens on their balcony dividers [or was it towels] who knows but I'm curious if anyone else has seen this as it looked pretty cool!!

The only other thing I have seen on a balcony is a couple below us who were sitting out in the evening with a candle going on the table [ouch]......

Defy a no-no for a real candle.  As far as decorations I would say a no-no as well.  All you need is one swift breeze to make all those decorations floating garbage in the water.

No decorations, but I will leave my dive gear out there to "dry" out between port dive stops (usually just overnight), and my wife and I will clip wet bathing suits to the chairs to get some of the dampness out.

With the Caribbean humidity, nothing really dries dry, but it is really lousy to put on a still damp wetsuit...

6 hours ago, rotoal said:

On the balcony of our first Aqua cabin there was a cigarette butt on the balcony table.  I quickly ran into the hallway, found the steward who we had just met and firmly asked him to remove the cigarette butt.  That was probably the only time I ever demanded anything from a room steward, I was quite upset that he obviously hadn’t checked or cleaned our balcony.

I had no intention of throwing it in the trash myself.

Poor steward. How do you know he hadn't cleaned it? It didn't occur to you that someone above your balcony had been smoking and tossed the butt?

1 minute ago, mom says said:

Poor steward. How do you know he hadn't cleaned it? It didn't occur to you that someone above your balcony had been smoking and tossed the butt?

I wasn’t that rude to the steward.  The table was well away from the railing and that area of deck 11 doesn’t have balconies or open smoking areas above it.  And it was a deep balcony on the little front hump.