What can we bring on the ship?

Firepath

12 minutes ago, Jmox84 said:

Question - on a B2B cruise, can I bring 2 bottles of wine on initially (one for each voyage?) Or do I need to go to a store on turn around day? 🤔

In pre-covid times we never had a problem doing that at Port Everglades.  We always showed our boarding passes for the 2 cruises to the staff manning the table.  Now that there are no longer boarding passes, I guess they just need to see the Medallion.  I'm sure someone with more recent experience will chime in.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Ombud said:

Who on earth would open a bottle of wine, pour it out, refill it with other wine or alcohol just to sneak it on in this day of Princess plus & premier?? 

Not everyone buys into their packages. Some people just like a drink once in a while without having to pay $8 plus for a rum & coke. 

22 hours ago, Ombud said:

Who on earth would open a bottle of wine, pour it out, refill it with other wine or alcohol just to sneak it on in this day of Princess plus & premier?? 

I doubt anyone is pouring a bottle of champagne down the drain.

Half buy Princess Plus, half don't. Teatotalers, internet vacationers and envelope tippers.

At US shot size of 1.5 oz, 44cl, that's 17 distilled shots in a plastic corked refoiled 750 ml bottle versus 4 to 5 glasses of champagne.

If a highball costs $8, then $136. Premium $12 drink, $204. Not judgin', just sayin'.

Edited by mtnesterz

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Not everyone buys into their packages. Some people just like a drink once in a while without having to pay $8 plus for a rum & coke. 

Let me see if I've got this right: pay hundreds if not thousands for a cruise voyage and $8 breaks the bank. Or is it like the vastly wealthy who shoplift for thrills??

32 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

I doubt anyone is pouring a bottle of champagne down the drain.

Half buy Princess Plus, half don't.

I'd pour their champagne out to use the bottle as a vase 😁 and I buy Princess Savers and carry on 1-2 bottles wine (lasts me 7-10 days). But I get your point. Still that's a lot of work to sneak it on just to avoid an $8-12 charge. Fill bottle / get wine skin so it doesn't leak in flight or car / is it worth the savings?? Or am I just an obnoxious rule follower?

11 hours ago, Jmox84 said:

Question - on a B2B cruise, can I bring 2 bottles of wine on initially (one for each voyage?) Or do I need to go to a store on turn around day? 🤔

Yes. I did anyway. I told them I had 2 bottles and they waved me on. Apparently didn't really care in Fort Lauderdale or SF about just 2 (not B2Bs)

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Still that's a lot of work to sneak it on just to avoid an $8-12 charge. Fill bottle / get wine skin so it doesn't leak in flight or car / is it worth the savings?? Or am I just an obnoxious rule follower?

That's $8 per drink, not just $8, so yes it does pay to BYOB. 

No need for any wine skins for protection.

We drive & carry out own luggage. 

Oh, we don't throw out the contents of the wine bottles. 

We just normally save our old bottles for our up coming cruises. 

47 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

That's $8 per drink, not just $8, so yes it does pay to BYOB. 

No need for any wine skins for protection.

We drive & carry out own luggage. 

Oh, we don't throw out the contents of the wine bottles. 

We just normally save our old bottles for our up coming cruises. 

Which is why they now require ppl to empty out open containers. 

Guess I am an obnoxious rule follower 

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

Which is why they now require ppl to empty out open containers. 

Guess I am an obnoxious rule follower 

When I bring wine bottles on the ship they're sealed. With the plus package there's no need as I have to hit my 15 daily limit. 

Next cruise we'll be going without the package so it's back to our sealed wine  bottles.

26 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

When I bring wine bottles on the ship they're sealed. With the plus package there's no need as I have to hit my 15 daily limit. 

Next cruise we'll be going without the package so it's back to our sealed wine  bottles.

So your earlier claim baffles me

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 12:07 AM, Willwils said:

Not allowing bottles of water is ridiculous!

I think it means you can’t bring bottles i.e glass not plastic bottles as I’ve seen people with water bottles from Costco

18 minutes ago, Willwils said:

I read somewhere about getting cans of diet Coke to your room for $12.00. if it's true, anyone know how many cans and if ordered on Medallion app? Order onboard or before? 

I just read above somewhere it was 6 cans for $11.80. Not sure if the 18% is included or not. At the bar it $2 + 18%.

1 hour ago, highloyo said:

I just read above somewhere it was 6 cans for $11.80. Not sure if the 18% is included or not. At the bar it $2 + 18%.

No tax / tip on pre-ordered soda