When did you receive your NCL flight information?

Joeydirt501

I have flights purchased through NCL for my cruise on July 17th out of Barcelona. When did you receive your flight information? How many days before your cruise? How many layovers did you have? Any information on the flights booked by Norwegian would be nice.  We are flying out of Albany, NY and we are about 60 days from our cruise.  

1 hour ago, Joeydirt501 said:

I have flights purchased through NCL for my cruise on July 17th out of Barcelona. When did you receive your flight information? How many days before your cruise? How many layovers did you have? Any information on the flights booked by Norwegian would be nice.  We are flying out of Albany, NY and we are about 60 days from our cruise.  

Welcome to CC.  There are a couple threads out here about this subject although they may be a few pages down.  Cliff notes version, most said around 45 days.

In the numerous other threads asking this very question, the consensus is that the information is available between 45 and 30 days before the trip.

Out of Albany (an airport with which I'm VERY familiar), it looks like they could put you on a flight through EWR, IAD, PHL, or ATL and have only one layover.  You can just act as though you're researching flights on Google to get an idea as to what the layovers might be.

If you look at the T&C's of the promotion, or the flight booking service NCL provides if you did that rather than the promotion, I believe they try to keep connections to a minimum.

I'm using NCL air for my June 30th cruise out of Rome.

We got information on the routing of the flight there yesterday (just under 45 days until flight date).  

One thing to look for is you may get an email from the airline that they book you on.  I received an email regarding a flight time change a few weeks ago that clued me in on which way they were sending me.  And of course, they opted to NOT put me on the direct flight that was available at a time that would work well, haha.

2 hours ago, Joeydirt501 said:

We fly from Charlotte Nc to Rome our ship departs 20 June. Got our notification Sat 14 May. We went for two days before ship departure. I hear they have staffing problems at NCL. Guess one department that does bookings. Love what we got. 

We sail May 29th. Got our flights around the 35 day mark. Flights showed up in our travel summary about a week prior. But they didn't match our actual flights. Wait until you get the email. 

We fly from Columbia SC, small airport and have one stop going and same coming back. After we got the email I went to the airline sites, (Delta and American) and selected our seats.

We’re flying in 4 days early to Iceland so we’re not doing NCL flights on the way over but we are doing them on the way back. We got ours about 45 days out too. We leave out of London, to Dulles, to Columbus. Great flights, however, my husband & I weren’t sitting together on either. So he got on the airline’s website & changed our seats & upgraded us to comfort plus. Lots more comfortable on long flights.

12 minutes ago, joyy7403 said:

We’re flying in 4 days early to Iceland so we’re not doing NCL flights on the way over but we are doing them on the way back. We got ours about 45 days out too. We leave out of London, to Dulles, to Columbus. Great flights, however, my husband & I weren’t sitting together on either. So he got on the airline’s website & changed our seats & upgraded us to comfort plus. Lots more comfortable on long flights.

NCL will book a one way for you, in your case, return flight?  Does it then negate the promo of BOGO free air?  Out of curiosity, what time is your flight home?  My cruise isn’t till next year but I’m trying to make sure I’ve done my research.  Thank you!

23 minutes ago, BethesdaSC said:

NCL will book a one way for you, in your case, return flight?  Does it then negate the promo of BOGO free air?

Right in the promo terms - 

Guests may request a one-way air itinerary; in which case they will be charged 50% of the applicable promotional air pricing for the selected gateway.

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions

@ 30 days or less, but beware, our "guaranteed travel" with did not link, and now we have to pay to pick seats, where as our other friends do not...ncl is quite a mess and it shows.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KnATL said:

@ 30 days or less, but beware, our "guaranteed travel" with did not link, and now we have to pay to pick seats, where as our other friends do not...ncl is quite a mess and it shows.

NCL does not guarantee sitting together on the flight, just that those in the "Travel With Guarantee" group are on the same flight.  Paying to pick seats is an airline policy, not an NCL policy.  Neither Delta or AA charged myself or my sister to pick seats when we cruised on separate reservations using this process in 2019.

Directly from T&C's - The Travel With Guarantee program ensures that eligible guests on different reservations are booked on the same flight

You can review that here - https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KnATL said:

@ 30 days or less, but beware, our "guaranteed travel" with did not link, and now we have to pay to pick seats, whereas our other friends do not...ncl is quite a mess and it shows.

I'm not clear on your travel situation. Are you and friends on the same or different flights?

Seat selection is not part of the NCL deal. The terms clearly indicate that you select seats via the airline and pay any associated fees for those seat selections directly to the airline. NCL may have some issues but it isn't with regard to seat selection on promotional airfare.

If you are on different flights sorry you didn't get linked. You can definitely call and ask them to change that, worse answer you can get is no which is where you are today.

I didn't pay fees to upgrade to Premium Economy, but that was due to my status with the airline. Our friends paid or chose not to pay for the same upgrade as it wasn't a perk of their status. Neither had anything to do with NCL, totally between us and the airline.

I canceled another NCL cruise and the airlines didn't refund my payment for seat selection. That was my loss due to airline policy, not NCL. Only thing I could be upset with NCL about was booking me on said flights, but I agreed to that potential selection since I took the deal, so ultimately it's on me. 

We are more than 3 months out for Greek Isles cruise so no clue what flights we'll be offered. With current airfare prices I am so happy to have the NCL deal! 

6 hours ago, hallux said:

NCL does not guarantee sitting together on the flight, just that those in the "Travel With Guarantee" group are on the same flight.  Paying to pick seats is an airline policy, not an NCL policy.  Neither Delta or AA charged myself or my sister to pick seats when we cruised on separate reservations using this process in 2019.

Directly from T&C's - The Travel With Guarantee program ensures that eligible guests on different reservations are booked on the same flight

You can review that here - https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions

one of our travel with a guarantee peeps is not on our flight...and thanks, i know all the policies...ncl also messed up our ticketing, hopefully after 4 hrs on hold/conversations, they are fixing it... 🙂