Flights by Celebrity No Longer Honors Price Drops

kebrown

I booked airfare through Flights by Celebrity a few months ago for a cruise in September.  When I booked these flights, I was told by Celebrity that if the price of the flights goes down, I could re-book at the lower fare.  I noticed this morning that Celebrity has flights at lower prices than the flights that I booked.  When I called Flights by Celebrity to re-book my flights at the lower price, I was told that the lower prices are for new bookings only.  I am very upset about this and I am seriously considering cancelling my flights before the final payment date.  Celebrity should not tell people that they can re-price their flights if they are not going to honor this service.

Were you looking at the site via your reservation or just using the general "get a quote" method?  I've heard that sometimes they include the air promo % off in the pricing on the general site.   Can you see the same price through the airline site?  If so just cancel with Celebrity and book via the airline.

12 minutes ago, kebrown said:

I booked airfare through Flights by Celebrity a few months ago for a cruise in September.  When I booked these flights, I was told by Celebrity that if the price of the flights goes down, I could re-book at the lower fare.  I noticed this morning that Celebrity has flights at lower prices than the flights that I booked.  When I called Flights by Celebrity to re-book my flights at the lower price, I was told that the lower prices are for new bookings only.  I am very upset about this and I am seriously considering cancelling my flights before the final payment date.  Celebrity should not tell people that they can re-price their flights if they are not going to honor this service.

When you say "your were told"?  Do you literally mean, on the phone?  Was there any email about it?

34 minutes ago, kebrown said:

Unfortunately, rules keep on changing.  I loved Celebrity Air before Covid, but now not so much.  I ended up booking my own flights because I could get what I wanted at a fair price, along with exellent seats - long story with CA.  So I booked biz class to Rome; coach from FLL to my airport in the West.  If I cancel, I have a year from the date of booking to use my $$.  That was my decision.  I do have other cruises planned, so a back-up to use the funds if necessary.  This was my choice after all the issues, long wait times and changes, along with ver close flight connection times times.  the writing was on the wall for me, so to speak.  I hope you are able to work things out soon.

Edited by Lastdance

My experience with two pending cruises, both using FBC, is that they will honor normal fare drops and cancel/rebook flights to leverage the fare difference.  However, any component of a lower fare that reflects current promotions for new bookings will not be extended to already-booked passengers.  Usually the promotion is clearly advertised on the FBC booking site.  Maybe the fare drop you saw was entirely due to a promotion?

• Like 3

Celebrity Air did not honor what the rep told us. She booked us at full price said they will add promo discount during the week ( I called on weekend). Well.....received an email saying they can't honor air discount because it had expired. Why didn't the rep rebook at the promo (same price) with air discount? The rate was same on the day I called on weekend.  Spent hours and hours on the phone. They are terrible!