The Porch

indy406

Has anybody eaten at The Porch on Reflection? I'm wondering if it's worth the $30. Seems a little pricey for a bowl  of soup and a lobster roll. Still, I'm willing to be convinced. I know it's on deck 15, but is there much of a view from most of the tables? 

We had lunch at the Porch aboard Reflection in Jan 2019.  It was nice but I remember our table was located in an area that got very hot.  You are eating outdoors but it is in a sheltered area that gets hot with no natural breeze and no means of cooling other than a couple of fans.  We prayed for someone to walk thru the sliding doors that would allow some air conditioning to blow towards us.  The food was good.  I definitely feel that it is worth trying.

image.thumb.jpeg.d43e36cbf6670b40eeaea6777d95bacd.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7d70197b495488ee7e0789c6cae30cd2.jpeg

4 hours ago, Saturngrl said:

I like The Porch for lunch too!  My DH isn't into seafood, so we missed it on our last Reflection cruise.  I hope to convince him to try it on our next Reflection sailing!

My DH does not like seafood either, but will eat lobster bisque and a wrap non seafood. You can see the wrap in my photo #3, right hand corner.

We have dined at The Porch twice, once on Silhouette and once on Reflection. The difference was the dining time. On Silhouette, we had evening reservations but on Reflection it was during lunch. Depending on the breeze, or lack thereof, it can get very hot - especially on a port day. The food was great and we would book it again, just in the evening or while the ship is at sea.

Yes, it is a great view from most of the tables.  There are several no seafood choices as well.  My DW and I always enjoy the experience and it is never busy for us.  
Give it a try after you review the menu.  We have never needed a reservation.

4 hours ago, gw2fll said:

We have dined at The Porch twice, once on Silhouette and once on Reflection. The difference was the dining time. On Silhouette, we had evening reservations but on Reflection it was during lunch. Depending on the breeze, or lack thereof, it can get very hot - especially on a port day. The food was great and we would book it again, just in the evening or while the ship is at sea.

It gets hot at sea--that's when we went.  So, evening is the time to go.

Our experience and experience is different.  We have enjoyed the Porch many times and always at lunch.  I would never dine there in the evening.  I do dine at the Lawn grill in the evening and occasionally for lunch.  

perhaos we have just been lucky.

• Like 1

We enjoyed it last February, but we were just as happy getting something from the buffet and eating it outside. There's a very nice area on the stern outside the buffet, or you can take it up to the Sunset Bar. 

About the only reason we gave it a try was because we had the unlimited dining via our suite. It was nice, but I do have a hard time making the $30 charge make sense. I doubt you would need a reservation, so you very likely can just give it a look once on board. 

Reflection is a great ship! 

I’m currently on the Reflection and was told the Porch wouldn’t be open at all for lunch this cruise. Very disappointed especially since it would have been included for me in an upper suite. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, sherylc said:

I’m currently on the Reflection and was told the Porch wouldn’t be open at all for lunch this cruise. Very disappointed especially since it would have been included for me in an upper suite. 

Now that is very disappointing. Like you we usually cruise in higher suites so The Porch is our lunch venue on many days, especially sea days when we want an informal lunch but want to avoid a busy buffet. 

Really silly when they should with present health issues be trying to reduce number pressure on the buffet in particular. I could understand it more if they reduced the cost to encourage more to visit…

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sherylc said:

No doubt a staff shortage casualty.

• 3 weeks later...

Currently looking at the celebrity app, specifically at the last couple of cruises on Reflection and it looks like The Porch is no longer open for lunch. Can anyone confirm? Thanks 

This would be very disappointing for us. It is our go to on port days. A very pleasant place for lunch. Hopefully it is short term since we have a September Back to back on Reflection. 

We absolutely love The Porch on the Silhouette and Reflection and, in fact, booked our March 2022 cruise on the Reflection as opposed to another ship largely because of The Porch (and Lawn Club Grill). We always have lunch at The Porch at least once during each cruise and, to us, it's worth the expense, but acknowledge that's a very subjective assessment. I have always found the food and service exceptional. Oh, and the menu offers a lot more than "a bowl of soup and a lobster roll", even at lunch. Hope that's helpful.

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere