Self service buffet?

Minnie29

2 hours ago, Minnie29 said:

How did you find the food onboard and did you pre-book any speciality restaurants?

A month ago, food on the Majestic was fine... Food on the Island right now is... Questionable. I wouldn't say it's BAD (I haven't gotten sick, and I can get it down), but there are definitely preparation decisions that make me wonder. 

1 hour ago, Minnie29 said:

How did you find the food onboard and did you pre-book any speciality restaurants?

I found the food ok, very much standard princess menu /fish /meat ,portions are smaller I've noticed but ask for another dish if you like a choice of torn between 2 things on the menu it won't be a problem ....plenty of English bacon traditional breakfast at the buffet and more other choices fruits cereals ect, you won't be hungry ...serving to you which can be a bit unorganised but you will work it out just point at what you want  buffet situation is fluid so you might get to help yourself...I didn't do a speciality this time ...but heard of people not getting in ...I also think it could be length of cruise as we only did the 5 days so everyone wanted a booking ...if you can eat early you may get that booking ..

1 hour ago, Cuedon said:

A month ago, food on the Majestic was fine... Food on the Island right now is... Questionable. I wouldn't say it's BAD (I haven't gotten sick, and I can get it down), but there are definitely preparation decisions that make me wonder. 

That say's something, all right.😄

Edited by MissP22

2 hours ago, Cuedon said:

More importantly, can you keep it down?

• Haha 2

Ok..there’s usually hot dogs 🌭 and pizza on the pool deck..usually goes down and stays down pretty well with beverages of choice!  Oh and the French fries 🍟!  Have never not found anything that does not work well for us!😁

Just off of Royal Princess and the buffet was entirely self-serve. Was sadly disappointed by the pizza in Alfredo's. We ate there twice and were completely underwhelmed both times. The pizza wasn't even warm all over. It seemed like they had pre-cooked the crust and then just spread some sauce and toppings on it and heated it slightly. I get much better pizza at home from Papa Murphy's take and bake.

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Just off of Royal Princess and the buffet was entirely self-serve. Was sadly disappointed by the pizza in Alfredo's. We ate there twice and were completely underwhelmed both times. The pizza wasn't even warm all over. It seemed like they had pre-cooked the crust and then just spread some sauce and toppings on it and heated it slightly. I get much better pizza at home from Papa Murphy's take and bake.

Good to hear that self service is making a return. 

Gigi's (Alfredo's on the Enchanted) was OK but they've changes the recipes for items we normally get & they just weren't the same. 

• Like 2