New to Princess, what does traditional dining look like in the Medallion app?

M. St. Louis

Hi all. We have an August cruise booked on Caribbean Princess. Booked it many months back, reservation confirmed Traditional Dining 7:15pm. Traditional dining is very important to us as we love meeting new people at the 1st night dinner and dining with them all cruise long. We have made multiple life long friends this way. With the recent Dine My Way announcement, it sounds like traditional dining is no longer offered? But we called Princess and they said it still exists and our reservation has it.

The app is showing Palm Dining Room, Private Table at 7:00pm, and has 2 head icons. That sounds like a private table for 2 to us, not traditional dining.

How can I tell if the table is just us 2 or the same group all cruise long?

20 minutes ago, M. St. Louis said:

The app is showing Palm Dining Room, Private Table at 7:00pm, and has 2 head icons. That sounds like a private table for 2 to us, not traditional dining.

Sorry to say, but Post-Covid Traditional Dining has gone away.  We were big fans of Traditional Late Seating.  Hopefully, in the future they will bring it back.

26 minutes ago, M. St. Louis said:

Hi all. We have an August cruise booked on Caribbean Princess. Booked it many months back, reservation confirmed Traditional Dining 7:15pm. Traditional dining is very important to us as we love meeting new people at the 1st night dinner and dining with them all cruise long. We have made multiple life long friends this way. With the recent Dine My Way announcement, it sounds like traditional dining is no longer offered? But we called Princess and they said it still exists and our reservation has it.

How can I tell if the table is just us 2 or the same group all cruise long?

You can choose to share a table but it won't be with the same people for the duration of the cruise unless everyone at the table the first night coordinates it that way. Otherwise, you will be seated with different folks every night if you still choose to share.

Sadly, the TD as we know it is no longer.

36 minutes ago, M. St. Louis said:

I figured it was gone.

So how do I know if the table is shared? Does the app says Shared instead of Private?

yes, it says "private" or "shared".   I just went to look at the app to do a screen shot, but Princess is updating the dining (don't know if that is a good thing or not).

Agree with LACruiser.   We liked the original traditional dining..we also have made lifelong friends that we still visit and cruise with.  We’re leaving Saturday on discovery princess so we’ll how all the so called new dining works out.  Princess has really messed up some great cruise experiences with the so called new changes.  If it ain’t broken then don’t try to fix it.  Ok I’m old school..just my humble opinion.😁 

• Like 3

I have to concur, if it’s not broke don’t fix it. There are people who still enjoy traditional dining and they should be allowed to do traditional dining. We enjoy traditional dining, making new cruise friends etc. On our last cruise on the Majestic Princess the dining room experience was terrible, there were lines every night at the door. I told the maître d' on the first night that we wanted the same table and server every night, he said No! he couldn’t do that, when I raised my voice he decided that he could. The tables on the newer ships leave a lot to be desired. Most of the tables are tables for 2 with a bench seat on one side and a chair on the other, there is about an 18” of space between the 2 tables

5 hours ago, cruzin4us said:

yes, it says "private" or "shared".   I just went to look at the app to do a screen shot, but Princess is updating the dining (don't know if that is a good thing or not).

Thanks.

First time trying to use the app, not a good first impression. Nothing but errors and "no reservations" showing up for hours.

39 minutes ago, M. St. Louis said:

Thanks.

First time trying to use the app, not a good first impression. Nothing but errors and "no reservations" showing up for hours.

1.  Make sure your phone doesn't have any updates that need to be installed.

2.  If that isn't the issue, try rebooting your phone

3.  If neither of those work, delete the App and reinstall

4.  If none of those work, I'm at loss 😞